13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

Jaekus wrote:

m3thod wrote:

this is why I'll never support execution

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Evans
Yeah. The judicial system should be about punishment, not revenge. Ideally it's meant to be above that.
not rehabilitation? the judicial system should be about fair punishment. what isn't fair about the perpetrator meeting the same fate as his victim?

i'd volunteer to rape a rapist, all in the name of justice, mind you.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5178|Sydney

13urnzz wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Yeah. The judicial system should be about punishment, not revenge. Ideally it's meant to be above that.
not rehabilitation? the judicial system should be about fair punishment. what isn't fair about the perpetrator meeting the same fate as his victim?

i'd volunteer to rape a rapist, all in the name of justice, mind you.
Rehabilitation for sure.
Executing someone just seems barbaric, no matter how it is conducted (from the judicial side)
Taking away someone's freedom seems much more of a punishment to me (from the perpetrator's side)
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
i am all for the perpetrator getting his just deserts  but unless you can guarantee you'll always get the right perpetrator 100% of the time then i'll hold hands with you.

until that happens and there are no more Timothy Evans, we wont see eye to eye.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney

m3thod wrote:

i am all for the perpetrator getting his just deserts  but unless you can guarantee you'll always get the right perpetrator 100% of the time then i'll hold hands with you.

And to guarantee that is nigh impossible IMO. The likelihood is very low to be sure, but not out of the question.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

lowing wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lowing wrote:

I mean it does sound great, unless you are the guy that had his throat slit, or the woman that was raped and murdered, then you get the shit end of the stick, but if you are the murderer hell, you got it made.

THats why I am more for justice for the victims than rehab for the murderer, if his victims do not get a second chance, neither should he, crazy as it sounds.
what if the victoms/living relatives don't want the guy executed?  What if the victim/relatives don't want him to go to jail for life?
Well fuck that is easy. If you want to consider what the victims want or what the victims family wants in dealing out justice, I am all for it. By this I assume you will support the victim of rape who wants her attackers balls cut off and shoved in his mouth? How about the father that wants the guy that molests ( I mean the sexual kind, not the annoying kind) his son? If he wants the molester to die, does he get his wish? Or are you just driving down a one way street with your question?
i asked your opinion - a simple question. not sure if you answered it or not lol
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

m3thod wrote:

if there is solid proof (like in this case) i could pull the trigger. if there is reasonable doubt, i might concede your point in that there are no "do-overs" in capital punishment.

but Anders Breviek, i'd pull the trigger 76 times.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

lowing wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

what if the victoms/living relatives don't want the guy executed?  What if the victim/relatives don't want him to go to jail for life?
Well fuck that is easy. If you want to consider what the victims want or what the victims family wants in dealing out justice, I am all for it. By this I assume you will support the victim of rape who wants her attackers balls cut off and shoved in his mouth? How about the father that wants the guy that molests ( I mean the sexual kind, not the annoying kind) his son? If he wants the molester to die, does he get his wish? Or are you just driving down a one way street with your question?
i asked your opinion - a simple question. not sure if you answered it or not lol
I did answer it.  Do you support the victims dealing out justice, really? Cuz I sure do.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

not sure,  it's something i go back and forth on.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

not sure,  it's something i go back and forth on.
Well I take it you are all good if the victims wants to spare their attackers life, are you equally as good if the victims wants the fucker to fry?

You can not have it both ways, the victim gets deal out justice or not. It can not be the victim gets to choose as long as they choose what you think it should be. But I think that is what you really want.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

you're wrong
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

you're wrong
Ok well then lets back up. You think the victim should be able to spare their attackers life. Is this correct?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

nope
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

nope
what exactly am I missing here?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 7#p3604477
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
lol
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

i guess you're missing that's not me saying it's what i endorse, it's me asking a question.  do you understand the difference?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i guess you're missing that's not me saying it's what i endorse, it's me asking a question.  do you understand the difference?
yup I do understand the difference, it was also well within reason to assume it was an argument you wanted to make. 

did you get a satisfactory answer?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6632|949

its an opinion...there is no satisfactory or unsatisfactory answer.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

its an opinion...there is no satisfactory or unsatisfactory answer.
Too bad, because I really liked my answer to your argument. I mean, if you were trying to make an argument that is. Guess I will save it for when some one tries to argue that a victim should have a say in sparing the life of their attacker.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6497

Who speaks for the dead?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

13urnzz wrote:

Who speaks for the dead?
well in this thread, apparently the living get to speak for the dead.
Jaekus
+957|5178|Sydney
He wasn't making an argument, lol.

Reading fail.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6651|USA

Jaekus wrote:

He wasn't making an argument, lol.

Reading fail.
yeah I was corrected on that part. He just wanted to mention it, but not really discuss it.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom

m3thod wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Christie_(murderer)
Tu Stultus Es
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6568|Mountains of NC

I just read an article and I just want to know from our fellow Norway brothers.
Are there retailers that are pulling such games as COD and W.O.W. ?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Hallvard
+262|6522|North Norway

SEREMAKER wrote:

I just read an article and I just want to know from our fellow Norway brothers.
Are there retailers that are pulling such games as COD and W.O.W. ?
A couple are yes, for a short while... "in respect"... since apparently cod and wow was "used in Oslo massacre"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard