Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6123|eXtreme to the maX

FEOS wrote:

Israel has modified its list of demands over the years. You're right about that. It's become more amenable to the Palestinian position. Yet the Palestinians still won't budge.
For example?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6428|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Israel has modified its list of demands over the years. You're right about that. It's become more amenable to the Palestinian position. Yet the Palestinians still won't budge.
For example?
We've already covered it.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6749|Cambridge, England
Israel has added recognition as a state to its list of demands and that's outrageous? Sorry what?
FEOS
+1,182|6428|'Murka

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

Israel has added recognition as a state to its list of demands and that's outrageous? Sorry what?
Yeah. They're complete fucking nutters...expecting the other side to recognize a member of the UN and to renounce an international criminal act. Absolutely batshit insane, those Joos.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
rdx-fx
+955|6608
Palestinians should've taken the deal years ago.

Longer they wait, the smaller the offer.

Or, the Palestinians can try another "all or nothing" war.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6208|Roma
I think everyone should just chill the fuck out in that part of the world.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
rdx-fx
+955|6608

PrivateVendetta wrote:

I think everyone should just chill the fuck out in that part of the world.
That's against their religion, apparently.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5767|شمال

good..keep em, u need it!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6555|Long Island, New York
So where were Beduin and Dilbert when, even after Israel swapped an enormous amount of prisoners for just one of their own, Hamas continued lobbing rockets into civilian territories?

Nowhere to be seen? Of course not.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5603

I still don't get why any of you care as much as you do.

Might as well be trying to free Tibet.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

Beduin wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPTrB4syNys
Absolutely disgraceful act.

How that can be seen as anything like promoting Democracy and equal rights is beyond me. The UN makes (baby) steps to promote peace so the US cuts funding like a spoilt child that just drops their bag of lollies.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Beduin
+510|5767|شمال

Poseidon wrote:

So where were Beduin and Dilbert when, even after Israel swapped an enormous amount of prisoners for just one of their own, Hamas continued lobbing rockets into civilian territories?

at least get your info right, brah
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

AussieReaper wrote:

Beduin wrote:

How that can be seen as anything like promoting Democracy and equal rights is beyond me. The UN makes (baby) steps to promote peace so the US cuts funding like a spoilt child that just drops their bag of lollies.
US funds 25% of the UN, other countries should step the fuck up if they want a greater voice.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Beduin
+510|5767|شمال
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Poseidon wrote:

Prisoner deal was a prisoner deal.

Did Israel dismantle any settlement afterwards?

It wasn't Hamas firing rockets either.

UNESCO works to create the conditions for dialogue among civilizations, cultures and peoples, based upon respect for commonly shared values. It is through this dialogue that the world can achieve global visions of sustainable development encompassing observance of human rights, mutual respect and the alleviation of poverty, all of which are at the heart of UNESCO
FEOS
+1,182|6428|'Murka

AussieReaper wrote:

Beduin wrote:

if you listened to the speech wrote:

...triggers longstanding legislative restrictions...
Wasn't an option. Probably why the US has been working toward a different, multilateral, solution.
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The legislation is a pile of crap, not least when the US is simultaneously funnelling billions directly to Israel.
FEOS
+1,182|6428|'Murka

Dilbert_X wrote:

The legislation is a pile of crap, not least when the US is simultaneously funnelling billions directly to Israel.
When HAMAS renounces terrorism and the PA writ large recognizes Israel's right to exist, I bet that legislation will change.

Oh yeah...and we're funneling billions to the PA, as well.
― Albert Einstein

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

FEOS wrote:

and the PA writ large recognizes Israel's right to exist.
Really?

So how does the decision to cut UNESCO funding look to the rest of the world, that are waiting for the US and Israel to recognise Palestine's right to exist?

It works both ways mate.
Beduin
+510|5767|شمال
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

"Almost 500,000 Jews live in settlements on occupied territory. The settlements are illegal under international law, although Israel disputes this."

Yep.
FEOS
+1,182|6428|'Murka

AussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Really?

So how does the decision to cut UNESCO funding look to the rest of the world, that are waiting for the US and Israel to recognise Palestine's right to exist?

It works both ways mate.
The key difference being that both the US and Israel have recognized Palestine's right to exist via pursuit and recognition that a two-state solution is the key to a final peace settlement. The PA? Not so much.

And I like how you ignored the first part of the issue. That was a nice touch.
― Albert Einstein

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6170|what

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Really?

It works both ways mate.
The key difference being that both the US and Israel have recognized Palestine's right to exist via pursuit and recognition that a two-state solution is the key to a final peace settlement. The PA? Not so much.

You seem pretty fine with ignoring the Israeli bulldozers.

Recognising the right to exist contradicts denying the right to become a member of the UN.
FEOS
+1,182|6428|'Murka

AussieReaper wrote:

FEOS wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Really?

It works both ways mate.

You seem pretty fine with ignoring the Israeli bulldozers.

Recognising the right to exist contradicts denying the right to become a member of the UN.
Who's ignoring them? I've said repeatedly Israel should stop building settlements in the OTs.

Nobody's "denying the right to become a member of the UN." The two-state solution hasn't been worked out and ratified yet. The PA is putting the cart before the horse. Perhaps they should enter into--and actually stay in and finish--negotiations on a two-state solution first, then present that to the UN. That's the problem...not that they want membership. Unlike the PA's view of Israel, according to their charter...
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thats odd, you support Israel's unilateral declaration of statehood, and recognition by the UN, in the face of opposition from the people they should have negotiated with back then.

Why can't the Palestinians do the same?

Israel doesn't recognise Palestine's right to exist.
China doesn't recognise Taiwan's right to exist
Ireland doesn't recognise Northern Ireland's right to exist
America doesn't recognise Cuba's right to exist

and so on.

Why pick on the Palestinians and deny them UN and UNESCO membership?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard