Hallvard
+262|6522|North Norway

gonna give the first one another chance... The first time I tried it I uninstalled it after walking a couple of steps because of horrible controls and camera.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

game dvd has been leaked, no crack out as of yet though.
There won't be one till release date due to a .dll that has to be downloaded online.

I'm going to buy it from GOG.
yeah, i read that as well.  i wont buy it off the start since i though the first had absolutely abysmal gameplay and camera action, but it its actually decent after trying it i might buy it.  i havent played a video game in ages and i do have a lot of free time this summer...
The first didn't have abysmal gameplay... did you play the EE edition? It was just very different gameplay from other RPGs. Definitely not abysmal. The camera was a bitch titchy, but that's about it.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6439|Brisbane, Australia

I couldnt stand it, I gave it a fair chance too. Almost finished that terrible second act with the constant attacks from ghost barghests. I prefer Morrowinds combat to the Witcher and Morrowinds combat is terrible.

Last edited by TimmmmaaaaH (2011-05-12 07:04:54)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I couldnt stand it, I gave it a fair chance too. Almost finished that terrible second act with the constant attacks from ghost barghests. I prefer Morrowinds combat to the Witcher and Morrowinds combat is terrible.
Well it's entirely changed this time round, so should be worth a look. I reckon it will be in contention for best RPG with Skyrim if it delivers.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

I'm pretty sure I played EE, it was a while ago so I dont really remember.  I remember playing it for a good 2 hours or so before I became frustrated with the camera and awkwardness of combat and stopped
Stimey
­
+786|6120|Ontario | Canada
Theres a crack out now.
Also I saw someone on 4chan got their collectors edition delivered today.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6667

Seems to require at least a GTX570 to play at highest settings at 1080P+ to avoid stutter...
Hallvard
+262|6522|North Norway

yea... the first one is as horrible as I remember...

But will give 2 a chance, hopefully it's better, I'm in need of a good rpg.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

Stimey wrote:

Theres a crack out now.
Also I saw someone on 4chan got their collectors edition delivered today.
No there isn't. It's fake. You can't crack a game if you don't have all the components.
Stimey
­
­
­
­
­
­
­
Stimey
­
http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16439-all … l-be-free/

Fuck this. Buying the game and supporting the last good developer.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343
I also read the polish Playboy is going to have a spread of Tris Merigold pics. lol

Will definately buys this over teh summer and just decided to replay the first one.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6439|Brisbane, Australia

Zimmer wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Well it's entirely changed this time round, so should be worth a look. I reckon it will be in contention for best RPG with Skyrim if it delivers.
Yeh, I am looking forward to the second because the RPG elements were refreshingly like an RPG not a goddamn action game with xp.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6738|Toronto | Canada

i just realized neither of my computers meet the minimum specifications
Sisco
+493|6343
Started with the first again. Awesome so far, the camera controls arn´t all that jerky tbh.
Stimey
­
Fuck this game is excellent. Shame I heard the first was ass and don't have a save to import.
I noticed some odd animations in the opening cutscenes but other than that the game is beautiful.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Sisco
+493|6343
The first is excellent. A bit jerky at times regarding the movement, but I love it. You might wanna look around for a savegame generator similar to the Mass Effect one. The community was very active for the first one, chances are good
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
OMFG steam servers are busy. Fuck off.

Also the first game was amazing. Find it so hard to understand how people didn't like it. DA:O was decent but I always enjoyed Witcher EE more.

edit: anyone looking to pick this up get it from gog not steam.

Last edited by Aries_37 (2011-05-17 02:59:56)

Hallvard
+262|6522|North Norway

Hmm... So far I like the game.
Stimey
­
This games fucking tough, and I'm only on normal.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6575|London
Is this the same account as the last bioware thing? Any chance it could be some reverse smear campaign?

Also yup this game is a ton harder than the first. Mainly because there's no group stance that lets you take on multiple enemies. In this you just have to spam the roll to get a good position -_-
Stimey
­
Fucking Bioware.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

Aries_37 wrote:

Is this the same account as the last bioware thing? Any chance it could be some reverse smear campaign?

Also yup this game is a ton harder than the first. Mainly because there's no group stance that lets you take on multiple enemies. In this you just have to spam the roll to get a good position -_-
It's slightly more realistic though. And there are group abilities, but you don't unlock them till you're a higher level (I was looking through the talents tree). Which I think is pretty good.

Damn the game is immersing. I was only planning on playing 30 minutes because I was real busy, and ended up playing 2 hours on it. So far it's great. Not very forgiving and you need to know exactly what to do when you're up against a group of decent soldiers, but it's great fun... and the story so far is fantastic.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
Oh wow I went to look at the user scores on Metacritic.

I honestly don't understand what they're trying to achieve here. Everybody who reads these '0' reviews will know what's going on in 1 second.

You'd be far better off if you skipped TW2 and bought BioWare's Dragon Age 2, a much more polished, cinematic, well-written game
There really is nothing to redeem this game, and if you are looking for an RPG to invest in you are probably better off with one of the other recent offerings such as Bioware’s Dragon Age 2.
Look to the masters at BioWare with their latest RPG epic, Dragon Age 2, for inspiration in your future games
What a pile of filth. This is worse than the origional Witcher, which as we all know was a trainwreck of a game. Save your money and buy Dragon Age 2 instead. It's better in absolutely ever aspect.
Some people there are taking the piss, like the way someone took that review I posted further up and reposted it with the name 'Bioware' instead. Which is funny because it's on the front page: http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-w … s-of-kings

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2011-05-18 07:00:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard