[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6786

Microsoft Sidewinder force feedback. The forcefeed back is useless online, fun, but useless as it makes things more difficult for online playing, but fun in things like combat flight simulator offline. I just turn it off and use the joystick itself - its based on electrical force as opposed to springs, and it creates very smooth flying and most importantly the buttons are well laid out.

https://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005NIMB.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6887|North Texas
I use a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro.. and love it! On occasion, I fly a WWII sim Pacific Fighters(It's not easy). I can't imagine using another controller though. I've tried the Saitek Cyborg Evo also, but found it to be a little sloppy, and not very comfortable to use. It also had very little moving resistance, which was quite annoying.

Whatever joystick you choose, I'd suggest going to the store to get a personal feel for yourself. It's really all personal preference in the end.
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6878|A Small Isle in the Tropics

NM156 wrote:

I use a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro.. and love it! On occasion, I fly a WWII sim Pacific Fighters(It's not easy). I can't imagine using another controller though. I've tried the Saitek Cyborg Evo also, but found it to be a little sloppy, and not very comfortable to use. It also had very little moving resistance, which was quite annoying.

Whatever joystick you choose, I'd suggest going to the store to get a personal feel for yourself. It's really all personal preference in the end.
In earlier posts, someone commented my Logitech was "broken", as it kept veering to the left on heli. Yet, it was ok on jets. I might not have been smart enough to find the calibration option (if there is such a thing) but, is there one? Or is it well and truly broken?

help.. i really want to take the boat across the harbor and pilot the MEC attack chopper to take out the Cobra who keeps blowing my shiny brand new T90 tank out in the alleys of Sharqi..
kripp
+42|6782|Florida (305)
I use the microsoft sidewinder precision pro . Awesome for planes and choppers, very smooth. Ive had it for 5+ yrs and never had a problem. Wont use anything else, unless i cant find another one on ebay or something.

http://www.joy-stick.net/reviews/joysticks/precisio.htm

Last edited by kripp (2005-11-26 22:21:20)

NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6887|North Texas

mikeshw wrote:

In earlier posts, someone commented my Logitech was "broken", as it kept veering to the left on heli. Yet, it was ok on jets. I might not have been smart enough to find the calibration option (if there is such a thing) but, is there one? Or is it well and truly broken?

help.. i really want to take the boat across the harbor and pilot the MEC attack chopper to take out the Cobra who keeps blowing my shiny brand new T90 tank out in the alleys of Sharqi..
I use a little program called DXTweak 2, which can be found at WingMan® Gadgets. Nifty little utility, I use for calibration and deadzone settings. There is a known issue with DirectX and the deadzone settings not persisting. Make sure you read the README file for the technical info. I just created a shortcut in my startup group. All it does, is load a previously save profile I created, then exits.
VirtuaLResistancE
ArmChair Warrior
+4|6796|NH - USA
Playing BF42' I figured it would help flying, (which IMO it did), so I got a cheap Sietek something or other from Walmart for about $19 USD and it works fine, has some nice options.

I almost returned it once for a console style control pad but was too late and glad I didnt. Has enough features without being over complicated or a burden and not too pricey.

Its very simular to this one.

https://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/PANZER420/st290.jpg

Last edited by VirtuaLResistancE (2005-11-27 04:01:35)

Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6748|NL
I got a question about my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Twist Handle Joystick.

When i pull back and almost at the end of the 'x-or-y-as' i feel some kind of bumb. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance, Poncho.
Fuzzball_the_Shooter
The Photographer.
+81|6745|Central Valley,California
Ya'll got to help me with the Logitech 3D Extreme Pro. I have it, but damn I suck flying with it.
wensleydale8
+81|6810|LEEDS!!!!!, Yorkshire
I use a microsoft sidewinder precision 2 nearly 3 years old but it works like a dream plus it connects through usb so no need for power cables.

Last edited by wensleydale8 (2006-04-15 11:03:19)

Dear God please let my karma one day reach 100, whether it be tomorrow or 1000 years in the future i want it to happen.
jaktar
+10|6630
I use a Saitek Cyborg 3D Force.  The stick works great.  Up until recently some of us were experiencing a slight offset in your 'y' axis.  The Saitek people just released new drivers to allow a deadband to be set. 

I've never used any other sticks, I'll be sticking with Saitek.
alpinestar
+304|6636|New York City baby.
saitek evo and it does magic make sure you do not get the force feedback version
NoS
karma padder
+13|6667|UK
just got a saitek x52

https://www.simhq.com/_technology/images/technology_040a_001.jpg

its pretty sweet, not to mention huge, a lot bigger than i thought it would be. only thing is im findin it hard to fly heli with it but thats just gonna take some practice.
Poncho
+91|6748|NL

Poncho wrote:

When i pull back and almost at the end of the 'x-or-y-as' i feel some kind of bumb. Is this normal?

can someone answer my question. cause im kinda afraid that it could be a production mistake. i have heard about stuff like too short eletric cable etc.

thx
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6760|California

Saitek X52 here

havent used them since christmas, when i got them lol
Souls
+14|6703|Garden City, KS. USA
If your willing to spend the bucks get your game controllers from people who make real world controllers as well has ones for the PC.  I use the Chproducts Pro-Throttle and my mouse FOR ALL GROUND COMBAT. Never have to touch the keyboard in a fight unless I'm chatting.  For aircraft I have their full system, the Fighter-StickUSB/Pro-ThrottleUSB/PropedalsUSB.  They aren't as flashy as the Saitek but they are far more veristal with 201 different programmable functions. I have never even come close to using all of them.  For BF2 I have about 45 mapped.  The system has three modes of operations. Click a button and an LED changes color and it remaps every button and AXIS if you want it to. Click it again and it remaps a third time

System Specs.

FIGHTERSTICK-USB
3-Axis and 12 buttons (Four 4-way push buttons and one 8-way point of view hat)
Total of 132 programmable functions
LED Mode switch indicator
Cost $149 US retail

PRO-THROTTLE-USB
3 Axis- Thumb joystick and throttle axis
Three 4-way hats and 1 eight way point of view hat
Total of 69 programmable functions
Ability to remap on the fly other Chproducts controllers
LED mode switch indicator
Cost $149 US retail

PRO-PEDALS-USB
3-Axis
Ruder pedal - Forward backward motion
Toe brakes - Heal to toe motion
Cost $149 US Retail

http://chproducts.com/

Last edited by Souls (2006-04-15 15:57:14)

wilber69
+8|6673
Microsoft Sidewinder Joystick USB!

Used it since learning to fly in BF1942 until now & its still working!
Citizen One
한국 공주
+338|6689|South Korea.

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I never found a joystick to be necessary in any game I've ever played. All it takes it a steady hand and the right mouse sensativity.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6786

Citizen One wrote:

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I never found a joystick to be necessary in any game I've ever played. All it takes it a steady hand and the right mouse sensativity.
That doesn't mean you'll be any good with it.
FMCDelrok
+0|6818
X52 though I don't spend much time in aircraft.
Defiance
+438|6711

I've got the Saitek ST290 Pro.

Fun to play around with. It doesn't much help my flying though. The aerial service ribbon is still a bitch and a half for me
Poncho
+91|6748|NL
Bloody hell, could somebody, please, answer my simple question?!
tupla_s
+455|6632|Finland
I have Logitech attack 3... works well enough and was cheap

Poncho wrote:

No it's not normal...

Last edited by tupla_s (2006-04-16 02:59:59)

=TH=[Eleanor]-NL-
The Karma Collector!
+233|6731|The Netherlands
All of my flying has been done with the wonderful Logitech MX510, no joystick needed over here, I find it pretty unhandy since everytime you get into a jet you need to get rid of your mouse and get the joystick at that place of the table... ;-)
beerface702
+65|6733|las vegas
i have a saitek 3d evo wireless

it controls great, but u gotta take the battery out really quick and put it back in or it doesnt "wake up
" its not annoying anymore, became routine. i think it might be the rechargable battery. it is only rated at 1.2 v DC

it needs 1.5 DC havent tried a normal battery. anyway good stick

ive had it 7 months. im looking at the logitech's though, i liked the Stiffness of the movement and it seemned more comfy. i might look into one instead

my friend can fly jets with a keyboard and mouse very good. i didnt have the patience though to learn, stick is easier off the bat for sure
||BFA||xZeler8
Expendable Miracle Worker
+1|6821
x52...love it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard