Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|4630
fantastic music!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|4940

Switch wrote:

Official in game trailer released today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbmBYT8Dwf4

I cannot wait for this game.

^^^^
I was a huge sucker for Oblivion

this game will be no different

byebye hundreds of hours
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,407|5029|FUCK UBISOFT

1:08 in that trailer is SOOOOOOOO GGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|4726|Brisbane, Australia

Just went from generally looking forward to this game to really, really wanting it. Looks like the environments are more diverse and interesting like Morrowind compared to Oblvions generic ones.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Spidery_Yoda
UWRyj5cHIQA
+397|4557
That was cool.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|4940

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Just went from generally looking forward to this game to really, really wanting it. Looks like the environments are more diverse and interesting like Morrowind compared to Oblvions generic ones.
noticed that too

oblivion was so generic medieval setting, in such stark contrast to morrowind

this looks way more promising
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|5026|Toronto | Canada

the only impressive thing to me was the walking/running animation.  most of the fighting seemed the exact same as obilivions...

the environments do look good as well
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|4755
I would be excited if I didn't hate all of Bethesda's other games.
Reciprocity
Member
+721|4867|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Oh.  Hell.  Yes.


Definitely gonna build a new PC for this.  Enviromments look great.  Music is great.  Max Von Sydow is great.  Fuck yeah.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,747|5058|USA

Ah......shit. Assholes had me as soon as the epic choir came on. Damn trailer. I wonder if they'll do vampires or werewolves like the last two games?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|4954

Sweet.  But I just wish they could populate towns/cities at least to AC numbers...   Seems stupid that you have this huge city, and hardly anyone is walking about.
Hallvard
Member
+262|4809|North Norway

Ilocano wrote:

Sweet.  But I just wish they could populate towns/cities at least to AC numbers...   Seems stupid that you have this huge city, and hardly anyone is walking about.
They're all hiding from dragons.
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,747|5058|USA

How convenient.
TravisC555
Member
+118|4506|Cox Convention Center, OK
Some new tidbits of information about Skyrim:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/1501 … yrim-info/
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+350|5004|Riva, MD

Winston_Churchill wrote:

the only impressive thing to me was the walking/running animation.  most of the fighting seemed the exact same as obilivions...

the environments do look good as well
Since when can you slit someone's throat or stab them through the stomach in any of Bethesda's previous games?  Or wield a wand and a sword at the same time?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|5026|Toronto | Canada

that just sounds gimmicky and, knowing bethesda, something that will never work properly.  and wand and a sword? why? you could wield a sword and do magic without a wand before, whats the difference?
unnamednewbie13
Moderator
+1,747|5058|USA

Winston_Churchill wrote:

that just sounds gimmicky and, knowing bethesda, something that will never work properly.  and wand and a sword? why? you could wield a sword and do magic without a wand before, whats the difference?
Gandalf (with a staff) and Harry Potter. I don't know how ES5's doing wands, but it could either have spell charges or just be able to more directly focus magic.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|5026|Toronto | Canada

so they made the normal spells weaker so that you'd have to use a stick in your other hand to get full attack? again, sounds silly
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|4940
the elder scrolls doesnt have wands, magic is still just casted with your hands (you can see it in the videos)

it has staffs but I thought they were going to cut those for being useless in the first place
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+350|5004|Riva, MD

Lucien wrote:

the elder scrolls doesnt have wands, magic is still just casted with your hands (you can see it in the videos)

it has staffs but I thought they were going to cut those for being useless in the first place
Looks like they kept them just for the sake of having something you can dual-wield I guess.

I think the advantage of staffs were that they could cast more powerful spells if you were some kind of fighting class and didn't give a shit about upping your magic skills for better spells or your mana/magicka/additional pylons capacity so you never run out of it.

Really this just brings more versatility to those people I guess: you get a staff for ranged attack and a sword for the up close.  I'll still stick with a shield though probably unless they force you to use the ranged/close combination as though it were a required part of the game mechanics, but that's not Bethesda's style to force things on you.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2011-03-13 17:32:42)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+626|4577|Washington St.
My one problem with Oblivion was a huge chunk of the quests seemed to follow the same general rule:

Talk to person A who says talk to person B
Talk to person B who says go to a cave and kill person/thing C in cave
Go to cave, slowly fight your way to the back killing all the cannon fodder and kill person/thing C (picking up something of his to prove his death)
Go back to person B who gives you a reward
Go back to person A thus completing the quest

It got tedious after a while. I hope the quests in Skyrim are slightly more diverse.


That being said, I'm still going to buy it.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+350|5004|Riva, MD

pirana6 wrote:

My one problem with Oblivion was a huge chunk of the quests seemed to follow the same general rule:

Talk to person A who says talk to person B
Talk to person B who says go to a cave and kill person/thing C in cave
Go to cave, slowly fight your way to the back killing all the cannon fodder and kill person/thing C (picking up something of his to prove his death)
Go back to person B who gives you a reward
Go back to person A thus completing the quest

It got tedious after a while. I hope the quests in Skyrim are slightly more diverse.


That being said, I'm still going to buy it.
If you play either of the Fallout games, you would see how it has progressed.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+626|4577|Washington St.
I played Fallout 3 and loved it. They are progressing from that game and not Oblivion yes? As far as quest diversity goes...
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|4726|Brisbane, Australia

The game is being made by Bethesda, so yes they will incorporate improvements in FO3 and hopefully take some pointers from F:NV. Would be amazing for them to make a world as detailed and large as TES3's but that will not happen again (at least by any mainstream developer).
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+350|5004|Riva, MD

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

The game is being made by Bethesda, so yes they will incorporate improvements in FO3 and hopefully take some pointers from F:NV. Would be amazing for them to make a world as detailed and large as TES3's but that will not happen again (at least by any mainstream developer).
I personally liked F:NV a lot more than FO3 so I hope they take more than just a few things from that.

And what makes you think that nobody will ever make a game with a world as large and detailed as Morrowind?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard