lowing couldnt format a post for shit, hj does italics and stuff
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

jord wrote:

Well lowing goes and a guy that hasn't posted in 2 years starts regularly posting. Its quite a coincidence. Moreso they are both hard right americans that frequent dst.
it seems left handed to shut this down but I think I got what I need.
Maybe I will try and find a Really skewed one also ?
for your information..
thats 1 child per year " Hard Right American "* Thank you ! This is what I am. I never try to hide it or Claim to be something else to give my opinion any kind of spin. * Bumper Sticker ! mabye with a picture of a Rifle in the backround !
It wasn't a compliment so much as it was an observation. I don't think you are lowing going off your posting style and formatting. The hard right american was just an example of the similarity between you two, other examples include the same "interest" in islam, age, having kids, opinions,etc.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6355
woof ! better hope some artist Doesn't decide to float a koran in a jar of urine and ask for

National Endowment for the Arts Funding !

note ( Italics ! )

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-09 16:30:01)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

According to m3th, HJ is HunterofSkulls. If that's the case he's been here for ages.

OT: Isn't the Koran, the Old Testament/Torah + New Testament + Mohammad's stuff? In any case there are several websites online where you can request one and they will send it to you for free. Also your local Mosque would give you a copy, even if you're not a Muslim.

Last edited by Macbeth (2010-09-09 16:34:20)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

woof ! better hope some artist Doesn't decide to float a koran in a jar of urine and ask for

note ( Italics ! )
what in the sweet name of fuck

is this guy a schizophrenic or something?

first he wants scholarly sources for objective and honest koran study...

now he's thinking up post-modernist installation pieces a la damien hirst?

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6355

Uzique wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

note ( Italics ! )
what in the sweet name of fuck

is this guy a schizophrenic or something?

first he wants scholarly sources for objective and honest koran study...

now he's thinking up post-modernist installation pieces a la damien hirst?
Well some one went Berserk and derailed the post for 30 minutes or so if you remember.

Well that is what passes for Art to some people in the U.S.A. and its paid for with our Tax dollars. I hate to see what would happen. A museum also had a picture of the Virgin Mary With Elephant Feces smeared on it. Yet some how Catholics endure indignant tho they were.
Just out of curiosity what would your take be on such a display ? PS found this RACIST ! tidbit

Uzique wrote:

do you have video-cameras in slovenia? are they powered by mules in harnesses walking around a generator?
Whoa !
i would think you would refrain from making jokes at other peoples expense, are you a "schizophrenic or something ?

relax and let the Adrenalin ebb

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-09 16:50:56)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
damn, man, you've really got me there.

making jokes in EE about slovenian forum members is totally on par to trying to 'debate' with any pretense of sincerity an issue that just blatently encourages insulting islam and portraying it as a barbaric religion. im not sure whether to be complimented or freaked out that you have done such intensive research on my posting habits!

as for the art-display part... i really have no idea where that came from, nor what it has to do with anything. would i approve of suspending a copy of the koran in a jar of urine... ? erm...
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Phrozenbot wrote:

I bet you could find it for free online.
best Idea yet - in a dearth of credible responses, I have an electronic book. But I am afraid I might get a vanilla version or one that makes an effort to highlight errors and reinterprets it to show secret conspiracies, violence or some such stuff.  I have seen those advertised. " Joe blow Exposes the koran etc. " just looking for the best example of an accurate translation.
On my old pc I use to have the KJV Bible. I think it was called eSword. Being that these old books are essentially public domain, you most certainly will find something. Also what macbeth said.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Racist ?  I didn't know islam was a Race.
I love this distinction. It's like stating you are comfortable with being a bigot because you haven't made any discrimination against skin colour or place of birth (although that last one is still very flimsy).
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6776|Moscow, Russia
as with any other piece of poetry, it is impossible to accurately translate koran. add to that its purposefull ambiguity and self-contradiction, and you may as well just forget it. even those who speak the language all their life, if they wish to become an imam and enter one of the islamic theological schools - medresse's they are called i think - still have to study arabic language and literature for, iirc, three bloody years before they begin on the subject. so, unless you wish to do that - don't bother.

Last edited by Shahter (2010-09-10 03:53:32)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

Macbeth wrote:

According to m3th, HJ is HunterofSkulls. If that's the case he's been here for ages.

OT: Isn't the Koran, the Old Testament/Torah + New Testament + Mohammad's stuff? In any case there are several websites online where you can request one and they will send it to you for free. Also your local Mosque would give you a copy, even if you're not a Muslim.
I was under the impression HJ is Horseman 77. He certainly isn't HoS in his normal form, that guy was seriously articulate and seriously left-wing.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6355

Uzique wrote:

making jokes in EE about slovenian forum members is totally on par to trying to 'debate' with any pretense of sincerity an issue that just blatently encourages insulting islam and portraying it as a barbaric religion. im not sure whether to be complimented or freaked out that you have done such intensive research on my posting habits!

as for the art-display part... i really have no idea where that came from, nor what it has to do with anything. would i approve of suspending a copy of the koran in a jar of urine... ? erm...
" tho shalt tease or gode anyone but a muslim. " Hassan CHOP !
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
hunter is a combination of this forum's dumbest members and former members.
Tu Stultus Es
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5962|Places 'n such

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Uzique wrote:

" tho shalt tease or gode anyone but a muslim. " Hassan CHOP !
I'm assuming you're christian?
Bet I can find more violent rules in the Bible than the Qu'ran. Though to be fair theyre both as bad as each other, as are their extremist followers. Just because a book something doesnt mean it's real.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6355

Jaekus wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Racist ?  I didn't know islam was a Race.
I love this distinction. It's like stating you are comfortable with being a bigot because you haven't made any discrimination against skin colour or place of birth (although that last one is still very flimsy).
Show me that I am a bigot please - I love this.
Just admit you were so ready to play the race card that you pushed the wrong button. Might be you aren't holding that many cards.

This all started because I wanted to read the koran / quoran [sp] the way it was intended. I suspected there would be Vanilla versions because that has been my experience even with the Bible. Particularly the Old Testament. Not so much the ( New ), which I was taught as a child.
Even as a child I could see from one bible to the next, there were obvious efforts to sanitize it and make it more palatable.

I assumed and I think correctly so that islam is being portrayed in different lights to different audiences.
Certainly mohamed atta had took a particular slant, can we agree ?

For instance I have been told there are three ways islam deals with non believers in the koran. Is this true ? I wanted to read it for myself.
I made a joke admittedly at the expense of " stereo typical 1980s Hollywood portrayal of islam. " When some one took offense and gave me a better suggestion to collect the information I sought. I pulled the post entirely and re posted it Exactly the way he suggested.  Yet still he is frothing like the   stereo typical 1980s Hollywood . . Is islam the only subject beyond a joke ? long since deleted Certainly Jews and Christians have taken a Few.

For the Record - I wonder how many Non Christians just want to see things from the Christan point of View to make sure their not being miss led or Un-Fair ?  with that thought, please calm down.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

this is why dast gives me a headache.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6355

eleven bravo wrote:

facts and figures presented by me and disproved by you are where ? Looking for a pat on the head were we ?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6355

Shahter wrote:

as with any other piece of poetry, it is impossible to accurately translate koran. add to that its purposefull ambiguity and self-contradiction, and you may as well just forget it. even those who speak the language all their life, if they wish to become an imam and enter one of the islamic theological schools - medresse's they are called i think - still have to study arabic language and literature for, iirc, three bloody years before they begin on the subject. so, unless you wish to do that - don't bother.
Thanks for your input and effort.
basically - poetry aside -  I was looking for the Message - as accurately as it could me translated. I am sure its out there and have a line on a few thanks to a few posters who didn't go off on self-important self-righteous rants.

When I take time of to read it, I am sure I will be accused of some dam thing. I know some asshole took me to task for devoting a Year to Two babies. Apparently It was my duty to post every day on BF2S.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

facts and figures presented by me and disproved by you are where ? Looking for a pat on the head were we ?
were you?
Tu Stultus Es
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6498

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Apparently It was my duty to post every day on BF2S.
if you need more time off, say to study the koran, i'd be happy to relieve you of the duty and post everyday in your place.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6355

eleven bravo wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

were you?
If there are 10 people with Alarmingly Similar Points  of View and Sameness of Thought and One person shows up and presents vastly different views than theirs - Would you

REALLY THINK  THEY CAME LOOKING FOR A PAT ON THE HEAD ? REALLY !  

It always make me Grin to Hear 30 people telling One person " He is a Follower in a Herd. "

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-09-10 08:27:25)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
*herd
Tu Stultus Es
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
This is about to get very entertaining.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6672|UK

Macbeth wrote:

Hunter/Jumper is Horsman77

HunterofSkulls never returned after gibson shat itself for the first time.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Uzique wrote:

hunter there's so much stupid in your posts that you make me want to stage a lowing reunion get-together
your a total hypocrite and a frothing apologist.
what am i apologizing for?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard