Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5184|Sydney

Shahter wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I thought I already did, but seeing as your reading skills aren't up to scratch, might I suggest some further education be of use?
wat? you posted several paragraphs of stuff about yourself. none of that answers my questions, here, let me repeat them:
That's what you were asking! FFS

1. would you enjoy doing stuff you described in that post if it wasn't your job? (y/n)
2. does being your job - something you do for a living - add anything to the sence of enjoyment you get from doint that stuff? (y/n)
Go back and read again and rather than just using your eyes, use what's behind them too and think about what I posted. I cbf going into some extended explanation to someone who doesn't want to understand, sorry.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia

Dilbert_X wrote:

1) Figure out what you enjoy, figure out a way to get paid doing it.
... and introduce an irrepairable flaw to all this by adding an additional measure of success by which the result of one doing stuff he enjoys would never be satisfactory? absurd.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Jaekus
+957|5184|Sydney

Shahter wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

... and introduce an irrepairable flaw to all this by adding an additional measure of success by which the result of one doing stuff he enjoys would never be satisfactory? absurd.
wat

I play music, I fucking LOVE playing music, I've made a modest sum over the years and now my band is trying its hardest to be as successful as we can, and I find it the most fulfilling experience ever succeeding at these gigs, yet I can still sit in my room and have fun twanging away on my bass.

Flaw? More like an added dimension.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX

Shahter wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

If you like listening to your ipod get a job as a streetsweeper.
If you like smacking people around join the police.

And so on, its not so hard.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia

Jaekus wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I thought I already did, but seeing as your reading skills aren't up to scratch, might I suggest some further education be of use?
wat? you posted several paragraphs of stuff about yourself. none of that answers my questions, here, let me repeat them:

1. would you enjoy doing stuff you described in that post if it wasn't your job? (y/n)
2. does being your job - something you do for a living - add anything to the sence of enjoyment you get from doint that stuff? (y/n)
Go back and read again and rather than just using your eyes, use what's behind them too and think about what I posted. I cbf going into some extended explanation to someone who doesn't want to understand, sorry.
you still haven't answered two simple yes/no question, man. if you are incapable of doing that... well... i'm not interested in discussing anything with you.
Jaekus
+957|5184|Sydney

Shahter wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Shahter wrote:

you still haven't answered two simple yes/no question, man. if you are incapable of doing that... well... i'm not interested in discussing anything with you.
Sweet, cya
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6136|North Tonawanda, NY

Shahter wrote:

Are you implying that if one is paid for their job, they are somehow incapable of enjoying it?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom
marx would be proud
Tu Stultus Es
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6476
i can't believe a russian is denouncing the enriching good quality of a hard day's work

what sort of trolling is this
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6781|Moscow, Russia

SenorToenails wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Are you implying that if one is paid for their job, they are somehow incapable of enjoying it?

Shahter wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5243|Cleveland, Ohio
well Ken, get some perspective.

10 mil plus in this country without a job.

how many times have you been layed off?

------

right.  so, harden the fuck up.  depression?  gimmie a break dude.  sack up and get another job or just deal with it.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom
it must really suck to still be a russian peasant in 2010 c.e.
Tu Stultus Es
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

i enjoy my job, and all the benefits it brings (after hours activity, i.e. paid vacation, etc.)

i got nothing to tell you. play the lottery? marry money? take a chance and start your own business?
11 Bravo
Banned

jord wrote:

People who enjoy their work aren't brainwashed. We aren't all brainwashed by Western capitalist propaganda. You're not the only with an open mind that is yet to be sullied by television brainwashing. People can enjoy their work, here's a very simple example for you.

Endorphins cause the person to feel "happy". Endorphins are released when you exercise and win/achieve. A personal trainer or a sportsman thus enjoys their job.

End of this.
i enjoy my job.  i have permission to yell at people all day. 

and this thread made me think of this song for some reason

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6638|949

11 Bravo wrote:

------

right.  so, harden the fuck up.  depression?  gimmie a break dude.  sack up and get another job or just deal with it.
This post is faaaar more helpful than the dilbert/shahater/jaekus meaning of work circle jerk.

I've been laid off twice.

It's not so much that I am miserable at my job because it's not rewarding or that I hate my job.  I hate my coworkers.  I hate that they don't care about their job as much as I do.  I hate that they burden me with more work.  I hate that they don't seem to care about the future of the company or anything other than putting as little effort into their 8 hour day as possible.

I work for a network hardware manufacturer, in the Operations department.  I am a desk jockey.  The nature of the job probably draws incompetence and a lackadaisical attitude, so maybe I need to change career paths but the job market ain't that great right now.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Start a business
TBH, that's t he only solution to the OP, unless he stops caring that nobody else cares.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6702|NJ

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

------

This post is faaaar more helpful than the dilbert/shahater/jaekus meaning of work circle jerk.

It's not so much that I am miserable at my job because it's not rewarding or that I hate my job.  I hate my coworkers.  I hate that they don't care about their job as much as I do.  I hate that they burden me with more work.  I hate that they don't seem to care about the future of the company or anything other than putting as little effort into their 8 hour day as possible.

I work for a network hardware manufacturer, in the Operations department.  I am a desk jockey.  The nature of the job probably draws incompetence and a lackadaisical attitude, so maybe I need to change career paths but the job market ain't that great right now.
You actually have a problem, it sucks being the superstar at the job for a few reasons. If your job starts getting effected it's going to be alot more noticeable then if the people who don't do shit. Also excelling in a position does leave you in a place where you might get looked over for promotions(not raises but up the ladder), because they won't want the loss in production.

Ken I didn't read the whole thread so what do you do? Other then be the best at your job?
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
You're suffering from the Peter Principle
jord
+2,382|6684|The North, beyond the wall.
Should retire.
11 Bravo
Banned

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

------

i dont think anyone here understands what advice you are looking for.  you just said so yourself the market sucks.  so other than going postal or offing yourself, my advice was to suck it up.  not sure what else to say tbh.  and trust me the next job will be filled with the same group of chodes.
jord
+2,382|6684|The North, beyond the wall.
You coould lower your care by tellin yaself your work ain't life or death
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5756|شمال
I fucking love my job I will "die" without it

OP: One thing for sure, do NOT leave the job you have atm before you find something else!

Last edited by Beduin (2010-07-01 13:50:18)

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Jaekus
+957|5184|Sydney

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

------

Jeez dude, if your path to job satisfaction is to be told "at least you have a job, 10 mil ppl don't" then I'd be looking for a new job right away. Kinda like eating burnt steak every night and thinking "well at least I have food, a lot of homeless people don't right now" as a means to justify eating something unfulfilling.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6677|UK
Do an MBA

i start mine in october.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia

m3thod wrote:

Do an MBA

i start mine in october.
I thought you already had one?

Edit: Nevermind!

Last edited by SenorToenails (2010-07-01 14:40:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard