TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5900|CA
If you bought BFBC2 through Steam it should begin updating automatically, if not you'll have to wait until 11:00 AM (GMT +2) when EA/DICE upload it onto file hosting websites.

Blog Post:
We are happy to announce the release of the new patch on June 30th.

All game servers will need to be taken down for updates. The maintenance period starts on Wednesday Jun 30th at 07:00AM (GMT+2). Most of them should be back up by 11:00AM (GMT+2).

During this time window, we will also release the new game client. Check back after 11:00AM (GMT+2), and try out the new game client!

The complete changelog can be found on:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2- … 12-qa.html

Changelog:

Server - Some potential sources for lag/rubberbanding have been eliminated
Server - The old reserved slots has been replaced by a kick-on-demand system like in BF2
Server - Log file for server admins: all remote admin interface commands/events are logged
Server - Log file for server admins: major server events + all chat messages are logged
Server - Idle kick is controllable
Server - Profanity filter can be disabled
Server - Teamkill-kick system is controllable
Server - Ticket counts and bleed rate are controllable per-level
Server - Infantry only mode available per-level
Server - Initial spawn delay and respawn delay are adjustable
Server - Server description can be up to 400 characters, and use "|" for line breaks
Server - Banlist can contain up to 10.000 entries
Server - reduced latency in packet handling

Admin Interface - fixed the player.onKill spam that occasionally happened
Admin Interface - ensured that player.onJoin events always report the player name
Admin Interface - events triggered when people spawn
Admin Interface - much more info on kills
Admin Interface - detailed stats are reported at end-of-round

Gameplay - Various minor level bugfixes
Gameplay - Helicopter handling has been tweaked
Gameplay - Weapon tweaks have been implemented based on PC public feedback
Gameplay - Tracer dart gun speed has been changed from 300 m/s to 200 m/s
Gameplay - Fixed technical hang when a crate was armed outside of the combat area
Gameplay - "Victory is near" message was shown for the wrong team on Valparaíso, this has been fixed
Gameplay - Countermeasures can be fired when driving a helicopter
Gameplay - The brightness of the pilot view in the Russian helicopter has been reduced
Gameplay - Advanced Spotting scope works better
Gameplay - Knifing people in the back works again (we backed out the change that we had done for Server R11)
Gameplay - Hit box for moving targets expands based on the speed of the targets movement
Gameplay - G36 now has crosshair when in Hardcore mode

Server Browser - Servers are sorted into 3 categories: Normal, Modified, Hardcore depending on their settings
Server Browser – Added support for retrieving update progress
Server Browser - Now refreshes information
Server Browser - Join queue system when attempting to join a full server
Server Browser - All settings are automatically saved between sessions
Server Browser - Pings are sent via an alternate mechanism, which should work for non-Administrator users as well

Client - Fixed DX9 issue, which likely caused graphics glitches and perhaps crashes
Client - Fixed some crashes
Client - Toggle/hold crouch is user controllable
Client - Toggle/hold zoom is user controllable
Client - Vsync bugfixed for DX10/DX11
Client - Rewritten how settings are written to disk; this should reduce/eliminate the spawn lag
Client - Fixed bug where a player could join a server before the stats has been downloaded causing faulty stats in "EOR- unlock progression"-screen
Client - New chat system allows chatting when dead (but not during end of round) and keeps a 100 lines log
Client - Improved Play Now functionality
Client - Removed K/D ratio and Skill Level filters in the leaderboards
Client - Any points you get while being dead will be added to your score
Client - Reduced negative mouse acceleration
Client - Increased health on the Cobra to match other vehicles
Client - More informative disconnection/kick reasons
Client - Support for Map Packs so PC gets future VIP maps at the same time as consoles

The Balance tweaks are as followed:

Slightly increased the damage of the UZI at long range.
The AKs74u now has more felt recoil when aiming.
The G3, VSS, and all SemiAutomatic rifles now settle slightly faster between shots when aiming.
The PKM, Type 88LMG, G3, An94, and 40mm shotgun have returned to their former glory.
Increased the damage of the MG3 to bring it in line with the rest of the LMGs.
Fixed a bug where the Saiga12 with slugs would do too much damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where the SVU would do too little damage at long range.
Fixed a bug where M95 rounds would not kill armored targets with headshots.
Original Blog Post

Last edited by TopHat01 (2010-06-29 23:27:48)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

Downloading now. Haven't played the game in ages, and I'm not expecting this patch to save it for me. Might as well try it out though.
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6653|Birmingham
Someone report back if it is any good, I am at work
TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5900|CA

DavidianCox wrote:

Someone report back if it is any good, I am at work
I personally like it, since you can change your crouch and ADS settings in-game - I prefer a toggle crouch and holding my ADS.  I've already seen a few guys running around with the M1, so I wouldn't be surprised to see almost everyone using it for the next couple weeks.

Last edited by TopHat01 (2010-06-30 01:38:07)

DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6653|Birmingham
Anyone know if the mouse fix app works still?
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5931

DavidianCox wrote:

you mean for the cracked version?
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5931
dunno about you guys but i was playing this fine until yesterday, steam auto downloaded the patch and now the gane freezes when i refresh server list. had to close the application.
tried again now and it worked, but when i click on search the game freezes for a bit and i cant do anything till its done.
i was hoping they'd increase rifle damage too, was shooting some guys at long range with the m416 yesterday, getting 5-6 hits on ppl and no kill, on hardcore, with magnum ammo ofc. and its the second most damaging AR
its annoying to shoot a guy 6 times just to give the assist to some cg or GL whore..
yet you get sniped with shotguns all too often, from crazy distances.. whats up with that

Last edited by MirindoR (2010-06-30 02:55:57)

Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5979|Perth, Australia
Mmmm good times. 60KB/s on a 12Mb connection.

2 1/2 hours into patching and i'm about 60% done. I know three people who started patching after me and they all finished ages ago. I don't know what this autopatcher is doing but it sure as hell ain't maxing my connection.
jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

nothing like waking up to having the patch already installed *yawn*

now its time to go to work
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6653|Birmingham

MirindoR wrote:

DavidianCox wrote:

What I am on about is this: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/ … ge#4410796

Has anyone had an issues with this and the new patch?

If so what were they and how did you get around them?
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5931
the browser sucks it takes a full 5 minutes to get the servers.. can't filter infantry only, cant see if FF is on or off.. meh.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6266
The MG3 is now a beast of a gun, and the new chat box is annoying. There's no reason it should be permanently there, and no reason is needs that massive grey box.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6618|Little Bentcock

MirindoR wrote:

the browser sucks it takes a full 5 minutes to get the servers.. can't filter infantry only, cant see if FF is on or off.. meh.
Stop searching IO and stop failing at life
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5979|Perth, Australia

Mikael Kalms wrote:

We also wanted a way to automatically patch the game. Making an auto-patcher that works properly under Windows XP, Vista & Win7, knows about limited users & UAC, and can handle restarting mid-way through a patch at all takes a huge amount of time.

Therefore we took the auto-patcher from BF Heroes and modified it slightly. Voila, the game could now pull down updates from the internet and apply them to its own datafiles. We were all set.
I'm guessing they never got around to adding the restarting part. 3 hours into patching at criminally low speeds and my net drops. Time to start again.
GullyFoyle
+25|5383

DavidianCox wrote:

MirindoR wrote:

DavidianCox wrote:

What I am on about is this: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/ … ge#4410796

Has anyone had an issues with this and the new patch?

If so what were they and how did you get around them?
Seems like the patch might have reset some of the settings from that fix, or invalidated it.  Immediately after the patch, my mouse was almost unresponsive.
Part of that fix is to set your acceleration to zero, I had to move them up to make the mouse work.
I have not yet had the opportunity to try and reapply the fix to see if it still works.

The patch seems to reset your key bindings to default.  You will have to rebind any of your custom settings after the patch.
I had joystick reverse axis (yaw) fix that also got reset by the patch.  Once again, have not had a chance to reapply the fix to make sure it still works.

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-06-30 06:15:20)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5174|Sydney
How big is the patch? Is it 500MB as stated?
GullyFoyle
+25|5383

Jaekus wrote:

How big is the patch? Is it 500MB as stated?
890MB

See the link in this post for why:  http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 3#p3220693

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-06-30 06:17:57)

Jaekus
+957|5174|Sydney
Thanks.

Luckily I backed up my original settings.ini files, in case the fixes I made make weird things happen
DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6653|Birmingham

Jaekus wrote:

Thanks.

Luckily I backed up my original settings.ini files, in case the fixes I made make weird things happen
Did you use the fix that I mention in post 10?

If so can you report back with your findings please?
Jaekus
+957|5174|Sydney
I used the fix but did it manually by changing the values in the settings/infantry/land etc .ini files.

I'll use the updater.exe when I go to bed as it will take quite a while to download as our net is a bit slow at the moment.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6601|Greenwood, IN
M1 is fixed but still not medal?  What gives?   Am I hated by DICE that much?  Its 15K too...
GullyFoyle
+25|5383

DavidianCox wrote:

Dude here says he re-dei the setting and it didn't work.
The patch supposedly included a negative acceleration fix, give it a chance.
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5931

Adams_BJ wrote:

MirindoR wrote:

Stop searching IO and stop failing at life
since i have to play the game with a patch that virtually broke it i at least wanted to try the new features, smacktard.
as a sidenote i take it the BJ stands for blowjobber, wow you sure own in life posting useless comments!
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Every patch since the 1st has "optimized play now function" yet it only worked in the vanilla version of the game for me

Just played abit to day, flood of Carl Gustav's but otherwise ok, got bronze on mah Garand but the badge is still bugged,,,

tl;dr typical dice patch

Naturn wrote:

M1 is fixed but still not medal?  What gives?   Am I hated by DICE that much?  Its 15K too...
afaik they said it is now because of specact weaps

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-06-30 09:17:32)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6308

I don't think I'll play this until they fix the damn server browser. All the pings show up as a "-" or 999 so I can't tell the difference between azn, EU, or NA servers

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard