Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6651|Washington DC

I missed BioShock 2 ... 
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6744|FUCK UBISOFT

OrangeHound wrote:

I missed BioShock 2 ... 
play bioshock 1 while wearing a fishbowl.

pretty much the same experience.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6288|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Miggle wrote:

OrangeHound wrote:

I missed BioShock 2 ... 
play bioshock 1 while wearing a fishbowl.

pretty much the same experience.

I turned that horrible helmet off as soon as i started the game...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6345
I have to start selling my body to account for all those deals. Shit.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Bevo
Nah
+718|6523|Austin, Texas
I considered the square enix eidos pack, since it's an epic amount of savings

then i looked through the games list and realized i'd probably only play batman, supcom 2, and just cause 2, and i was like ehh
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6272

Finray wrote:

Easily worth £7.
Well its not the price I object to, but the fact it exists at all. But as time goes on its clear that if I want to continue playing a supported left 4 dead, I HAVE to buy the sequel. Which od course makes me object to the sequel even more, because despite their empty promises, the first game is STILL an abandoned hunk of buggy unbalanced crap that never gets updated. But there we are.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

is everything saved on a steam server .... if I purchase a game on one system but decide to use another

or do I have to transfer all info from one system to the next
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom
everything is saved

when I installed steam on a new pc it restarted a monthly subscription to a shitty game i dropped though so watch out for that.

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-06-26 12:26:45)

Tu Stultus Es
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Not sure I even want L4D2, even at that price L4D was alright, but quickly became the typical game I'd only play with a few buddies while high and we'd laugh ourselves to tears because of goofing around and taking 4 and-a-half hours to beat a campaign
I can only imagine that L4D2 will get old much much faster.
FloppY_
­

mtb0minime wrote:

Not sure I even want L4D2, even at that price L4D was alright, but quickly became the typical game I'd only play with a few buddies while high and we'd laugh ourselves to tears because of goofing around and taking 4 and-a-half hours to beat a campaign
I can only imagine that L4D2 will get old much much faster.
L4D2 doesn't get old as fast imo thanks to it having 4x as much content...

L4D got old for me after the free weekend...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Any recommendations on games <$10? So far I've got Max Payne 2 and Star Wars KOTOR on my wish list. (btw, is the second KOTOR better? The first one had a higher metascore iirc)
Sisco
+493|6345

mtb0minime wrote:

Any recommendations on games <$10? So far I've got Max Payne 2 and Star Wars KOTOR on my wish list. (btw, is the second KOTOR better? The first one had a higher metascore iirc)
First one is better story wise, because the second got cut up pretty bad to push for release. Gameplay wise there isn´t much difference, apart form the usual more content that comes with a sequel. Same for graphics.
They are both great games though and easily worth the money. I played through them several times and you hardly find better story telling.

I still think back about the major plot twist the first one had half way through, I shit you not.

And the endless hours of Pazaak.

on a related note: What broken game did Steam sell you?

Last edited by Sisco10 (2010-06-26 15:24:17)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5906|CA

Sisco10 wrote:

on a related note: What broken game did Steam sell you?
I was wondering this as well.

I picked up BFBC2 during the EA sale last week, and I'm hitting myself now for buying L4D2 for full price 2 weeks ago.  I never bought or played the first L4D, so I figured I might as well have it in the collection.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Battlefield 2 Complete Collection.

Can play vanilla just fine, but Special Forces gives me a "cd key not valid" every time I try joining a server. And I'm not the only one with this problem. Tried putting in my retail keys but Steam resets the registry entries every time you start the game. I uninstalled, deleted all files and registry entries, and tried reinstalling my retail version. That wound up crashing to desktop every time I wanted to play. So now I'm back on the Steam version, unable to play SF.

They never gave out any keys with the game, yet found a way to get vanilla to work without one. It's just a shame that they never bothered getting SF to work. Steam kept telling me to contact EA since they're the publisher, but EA kept telling me to contact Steam since they're the retailer and should've given me a key. I'm with EA on this one; seems like Steam cut some corners for the release and just hoped for the best.

Not that SF is a huge deal to me, but it's the principle of the matter. If they sell me a game and not all the promised content works, then refuse to offer me a refund, it worries me a little. Buying computer games is a risky business, as you never know what will work entirely and what won't. Part of Steam's user agreement when purchasing something is absolutely no refunds except on pre-orders, which seems pretty fucked up. If anything, Steam should be the most flexible in terms of refunds since you can't just steal a CD key and then return it, then go pirate a copy and plug in a legitimate key. With Steam, they could just delete the content and invalidate the key (if they even give you one).
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Is it just me or are the downloads slow as fuck? I understand there's traffic, but I've been sitting here for 6 hours and it's been suspended for 5 of them.
FloppY_
­

DesertFox- wrote:

Is it just me or are the downloads slow as fuck? I understand there's traffic, but I've been sitting here for 6 hours and it's been suspended for 5 of them.
change download location & restart steam
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

Picked up Audiosurf and L4D2.

But srsly, I hate download 8gig.

Wish they would mail out a dvd.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FloppY_
­

AussieReaper wrote:

What connection are you on?

Steam servers allways max out my bandwith when I need it...
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

FloppY_ wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah I'm in Aus.

I'm on DSL, not DSL+2 and get about 170KB/S maxed.

So this will be hours and hours to download.
FloppY_
­

AussieReaper wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Yeah I'm in Aus.

I'm on DSL, not DSL+2 and get about 170KB/S maxed.

So this will be hours and hours to download.
ouch

fibre ftw
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6272
Even on my rural Scotland BT connection, Steam can somehow get me 800kb/s these days. Im always amazed when it does.

mtb0minime wrote:

Battlefield 2 Complete Collection problems
Steam do give refunds on a case by case system. Maybe if you keep explaining that EA are no help etc they might do something.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-06-27 03:18:22)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6155|what

https://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6011/86481669.png

Jesus fucking christ Haffey.
Sisco
+493|6345

mtb0minime wrote:

Battlefield 2 Complete Collection.

Can play vanilla just fine, but Special Forces gives me a "cd key not valid" every time I try joining a server. And I'm not the only one with this problem. Tried putting in my retail keys but Steam resets the registry entries every time you start the game. I uninstalled, deleted all files and registry entries, and tried reinstalling my retail version. That wound up crashing to desktop every time I wanted to play. So now I'm back on the Steam version, unable to play SF.

They never gave out any keys with the game, yet found a way to get vanilla to work without one. It's just a shame that they never bothered getting SF to work. Steam kept telling me to contact EA since they're the publisher, but EA kept telling me to contact Steam since they're the retailer and should've given me a key. I'm with EA on this one; seems like Steam cut some corners for the release and just hoped for the best.

Not that SF is a huge deal to me, but it's the principle of the matter. If they sell me a game and not all the promised content works, then refuse to offer me a refund, it worries me a little. Buying computer games is a risky business, as you never know what will work entirely and what won't. Part of Steam's user agreement when purchasing something is absolutely no refunds except on pre-orders, which seems pretty fucked up. If anything, Steam should be the most flexible in terms of refunds since you can't just steal a CD key and then return it, then go pirate a copy and plug in a legitimate key. With Steam, they could just delete the content and invalidate the key (if they even give you one).
Crap. Good thing I didn´t buy it. Was thinking about it for the convenience, but I don´t play it anymore anyways.
Still, no refund option on digital copies seems weird as it is, but selling a game that couldn´t work for such obvious reasons in the first place and then not doing anything about it? The ugly face of every big company. No exceptions.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6272
I don't think any digital shops give refunds. Also it looks like EA gave them a bad key or something since my copy works fine. And Steam is just a store like any other. Obviously though they should do something about the situation, in fact they should just give you a new key since the current one obviously isn't working. But hey I don't know how these systems work. There must be something preventing them from flicking a switch and fixing it. It hardly means they're a big evil company.

Anyway, some new deals. Nothing particularly interesting or special today. The currency conversions THQ have used for Dawn of War are pretty hilarious. One thing that has caught my eye is Civ 4 for £3.something. How is it? I've never played a Civ game before and they're all pretty cheap just now.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-06-27 11:11:18)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard