Spidery_Yoda
+399|6274
Quite tempted by borderlands. I don't know much about it but at £6.50 it sounds like a good buy.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6347

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Quite tempted by borderlands. I don't know much about it but at £6.50 it sounds like a good buy.
It is. Was really fun for me playing. Motivation vanishes after 2 or three playthroughs though, and oh my god has it the most retardedly underwhelming ending in like ever. EVER.
I bought it full price retail and never regretted it, despite all its flaws. Coop is really fun if you can cope with the lag.

I´m a bit saddened though that the retail isn´t working with the steam DLC, would have got them all for that cheap price
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5513|America
Hells yeah borderlands and all 3 exp packs for 20 bucks
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6274

Sisco wrote:

and oh my god has it the most retardedly underwhelming ending in like ever. EVER.
I dunno about that, I HAVE played Mass Effect 2.

Anyway yeah I guess I'll get it before its too late. I'll probably just do singleplayer but it should be fun anyway.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Sisco wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

It is. Was really fun for me playing. Motivation vanishes after 2 or three playthroughs though, and oh my god has it the most retardedly underwhelming ending in like ever. EVER.
I bought it full price retail and never regretted it, despite all its flaws. Coop is really fun if you can cope with the lag.

I´m a bit saddened though that the retail isn´t working with the steam DLC, would have got them all for that cheap price
Very worth the price for the stand-alone game. Get the content only if you coop regularly.
Sisco
+493|6347

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Sisco wrote:

and oh my god has it the most retardedly underwhelming ending in like ever. EVER.
I dunno about that, I HAVE played Mass Effect 2.

Anyway yeah I guess I'll get it before its too late. I'll probably just do singleplayer but it should be fun anyway.
Na, way worse than ME2. ME2 had a good ending, despite the retarded Terminator you fought. Borderlands ending is subterranean in comparison. But you´ll know it when you get there.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Yes, the Borderlands ending...

Ever see Stephen King's Langoliers where those...cacodemons (Doom ref, sorry) were chewing off the horizon? Well, that's what happened to Borderlands' gameplay. Then to make up for it, they sold us booster packs that are mostly unrelated to the first story, and were probably halfway ready in the first place when the game came out.
Sisco
+493|6347

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ever see Stephen King's Langoliers where those...cacodemons (Doom ref, sorry) were chewing off the horizon? Well, that's what happened to Borderlands' gameplay. Then to make up for it, they sold us booster packs that are mostly unrelated to the first story, and were probably halfway ready in the first place when the game came out.
Yeah, it seemed so wrong. After all the japping about how hardcore the vault is I was actually confused in disbelief. At how easy it was to fight the final boss and how crappy the supposed vast treasure hidden within it (read: loot) were.

They way is the goal is what describes Borderlands best I guess.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Sisco wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Yeah, it seemed so wrong. After all the japping about how hardcore the vault is I was actually confused in disbelief. At how easy it was to fight the final boss and how crappy the supposed vast treasure hidden within it (read: loot) were.

It doesn't stop the journey from being a bundle of lol's though. I just never had the energy to really 100% it on the unlocked difficulty.
Sisco
+493|6347

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Sisco wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It doesn't stop the journey from being a bundle of lol's though. I just never had the energy to really 100% it on the unlocked difficulty.
True. Finished it 2 and a half times myself, iirc. Blasting through all those crazy places and enemies is damn funny at times.
TravisC555
+118|6223|Cox Convention Center, OK
Just bought all of the Just Cause 2 DLC for $4.43
Sisco
+493|6347
What a shitty last sales day
TravisC555
It ends on July 4th...

Last edited by TravisC555 (2010-07-03 11:39:29)

Sisco
+493|6347

TravisC555 wrote:

July 4th?
Isn´t it until July 4th? Meaning those last 22 hours my counter shows are the last "day"?
TravisC555
Oh, rite
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6290|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Another day, another set of mostly meh offers...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5936|CA
Suggestions for RTS games for under 10 or 20 bucks?  No space monsters and lasers, please.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6658

Well, guess is the end of the run. Nothing left for me to get. I'm probably gonna wind up remembering something in a few days though
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6653|Washington DC

Ahh ... World of Goo ... I've been wanting that. 

(Spoilers in vid)

FloppY_
­

OrangeHound wrote:

Ahh ... World of Goo ... I've been wanting that. 

(Spoilers in vid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OerU4e64auk
It's still overpriced considering it's a indie-casual game...
eleven bravo
+1,399|5263|foggy bottom
reminds me of wormz
Tu Stultus Es
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6653|Washington DC

FloppY_ wrote:

Some indie games are getter than some of the garbage put out by the big publishers ... $20 seemed too much to me, but $5?  That isn't a bad price for an indie game if it is well done, and this one looks well done.
FloppY_
­

OrangeHound wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Some indie games are getter than some of the garbage put out by the big publishers ... $20 seemed too much to me, but $5?  That isn't a bad price for an indie game if it is well done, and this one looks well done.
imo it looks less fun than Peggle

Maybe it's because I'm not that into casual games, I dunno.. I just don't think it's worth more than 3ish € or less.. there are better flashgames out there for free I reckon...
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6746|London

Should I buy Metro 2033?

I just bought Portal and Devil May Cry 4
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
FloppY_
­

Dauntless wrote:

Should I buy Metro 2033?

I just bought Portal and Devil May Cry 4
I "aquired" Metro, it's pretty good.. but I didn't find it worth buying... not worth the current price imo...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard