lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA
So with the lack of response to the 1.5 month old oil disaster in the gulf, the question now must be asked. Where is the accusations of racism by the Obama administration. I mean surely if a natural disaster could be blamed on Bush as a conspiracy to kill black people and a charge of racism  levied, why couldn't a man made disaster such as this oil spill?

Indeed, if this were McCain, or especially Jeb Bush in the white house, these accusations would be flourishing.

So what is the difference, and where are the racially charged accusations that this is another attempt by the US govt. to kill all the black people?

and most noticeably missing,  Kanye West claiming, Obama "does not care about black people"?

Again what is the difference?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85
How did the oil spill inordinately affect black people?
Wreckognize
+294|6494
Oil is black so it's not racist.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

how did Katrina inordinately affect black people? I mean more than just blacks live along the gulf or am I wrong about that?

Katrina affected everyone there, as does this oil spill.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6414|North Carolina
While there is certainly hypocrisy on the part of people like Kanye, you have to remember that this spill was not a natural disaster.

It's generally assumed that the government is supposed to aid the public during a natural disaster.  When a company is behind a disaster, the burden for cleaning things up should primarily be on that company.

Granted, in the case of Katrina, FEMA was less at fault than Ray Nagin and the Louisiana state government.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

burnzz wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=138082
my apologies. close this if you wish.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6606|Seattle

I see what you're saying Lowing. And I agree.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
eleven bravo
+1,399|5268|foggy bottom
lowing is admitting bush didnt give a fuck about new orleans?  wow.
Tu Stultus Es
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Turquoise wrote:

While there is certainly hypocrisy on the part of people like Kanye, you have to remember that this spill was not a natural disaster.

It's generally assumed that the government is supposed to aid the public during a natural disaster.  When a company is behind a disaster, the burden for cleaning things up should primarily be on that company.

Granted, in the case of Katrina, FEMA was less at fault than Ray Nagin and the Louisiana state government.
the fact that it is a man made disaster, that is obviously beyond the abilites of the private company to deal with, the govt., should take over responsibility for stopping it, then worry about charging the private company later. Or do you suggest it continues until BP pulls their head out?
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6716|67.222.138.85

lowing wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

how did Katrina inordinately affect black people? I mean more than just blacks live along the gulf or am I wrong about that?

A relatively large percentage of black people live in New Orleans, plus an inordinate number of the people that were unable to leave for whatever reason were also ethnic, so when the federal government fucks it up idiots will say the federal government is racist.

What is even more stupid is asking why a completely dissimilar situation that hardly affects black people at all, just as little as it actually affects the lives of everyone, does not have the same idiots saying racist.

You are at least as caught up with people claiming bullshit racism as the people claiming bullshit racism in the first place. Quit it with all the straw man crap, wait until there is actually bullshit outrage that you can point to in specific instances (in other words, make sure it exists) before you denounce it.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6506

lowing wrote:

burnzz wrote:

i didn't know if you had seen that lowing, they were similar topics. this topic is about oil, that is why i only referenced the other topic.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

eleven bravo wrote:

Nope I don't speak for Bush, but I will tell ya I don't give a fuck about New Orleans.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

burnzz wrote:

lowing wrote:

burnzz wrote:

i didn't know if you had seen that lowing, they were similar topics. this topic is about oil, that is why i only referenced the other topic.
No problem I shoulda searched first I guess, but I woulda thought I woulda caught that thread.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

lowing wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

A relatively large percentage of black people live in New Orleans, plus an inordinate number of the people that were unable to leave for whatever reason were also ethnic, so when the federal government fucks it up idiots will say the federal government is racist.

What is even more stupid is asking why a completely dissimilar situation that hardly affects black people at all, just as little as it actually affects the lives of everyone, does not have the same idiots saying racist.

You are at least as caught up with people claiming bullshit racism as the people claiming bullshit racism in the first place. Quit it with all the straw man crap, wait until there is actually bullshit outrage that you can point to in specific instances (in other words, make sure it exists) before you denounce it.
ummm the fact that there isn't "bullshit outrage" after a month and a half is my observation. Katrina wasn't 5 days old and people were screaming racism.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5268|foggy bottom

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Nope I don't speak for Bush, but I will tell ya I don't give a fuck about New Orleans.
show me where i asked what you gave a fuck about, please?
Tu Stultus Es
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

the fact that it is a man made disaster, that is obviously beyond the abilites of the private company to deal with, the govt., should take over responsibility for stopping it, then worry about charging the private company later. Or do you suggest it continues until BP pulls their head out?
The government is starting to move to action now.  However, they began by letting BP fix the situation.  This wasn't solely a push by Obama either.  BP was attempting "damage control" quite literally by independently acting to fix things.

Now that it is clear that an oil company can't fix this by itself, it will justify more regulation of offshore drilling -- something BP probably wanted to avoid happening by cleaning things up on their own (among avoiding other things as well).
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Ya didn't, I just am making sure I told you for my own satisfaction
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

The government is starting to move to action now.  However, they began by letting BP fix the situation.  This wasn't solely a push by Obama either.  BP was attempting "damage control" quite literally by independently acting to fix things.

Now that it is clear that an oil company can't fix this by itself, it will justify more regulation of offshore drilling -- something BP probably wanted to avoid happening by cleaning things up on their own (among avoiding other things as well).
The peopel don't give a shit, they want results remember? No results a week after Katrina, no results after 1.5 moths for the oil spill. Yet Obama gets a pass by the public?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5268|foggy bottom

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing wrote:

satisfied?
Tu Stultus Es
tuckergustav
+1,590|5922|...

I assume that the lack of outcry has to do with the fact that this is not something that immediately and directly affected the population of people along the coast.  This is a huge environmental disaster and until we start seeing beaches full of dead fish and birds...the outcry will be slow to start.  Katrina was a disaster that was immediate and directly affected a population of people...now, why there isn't outcry about the fact that the aftermath of Katrina is still so devastating...not sure...as soon as the media dropped it, people stopped thinking about it.  Out of sight, out of mind.
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

The peopel don't give a shit, they want results remember? No results a week after Katrina, no results after 1.5 moths for the oil spill. Yet Obama gets a pass by the public?
For the people who do give a shit, the blame is easiest to put on BP rather than Obama.

When it's a natural disaster, people usually skip the "blaming the source" stage and move onto blaming the government.

Yelling at the sky is less satisfying than yelling at the president or a corporation...  That's the difference between these situations.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

eleven bravo wrote:

lowing wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

satisfied?
As long as you understand how I feel about that shithole, I am satisfied.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5268|foggy bottom
dont care
Tu Stultus Es
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6660|USA

Turquoise wrote:

lowing wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

For the people who do give a shit, the blame is easiest to put on BP rather than Obama.

When it's a natural disaster, people usually skip the "blaming the source" stage and move onto blaming the government.

Yelling at the sky is less satisfying than yelling at the president or a corporation...  That's the difference between these situations.
The bitch about Katrina was the lack of action in response, so naturally it is due to racism in their eyes.

There is a lack of action in response by the Govt. here as well. where is the racism?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard