Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451
In games such as BF2 and MW2 having a certain balance between fiction and fact can make for a good game. The question is how much fiction should be expected in games such as these? Anyone who has played ArmA or Project Reality can tell you that the game pace takes a heavy toll in order to provide realistic setting, and that other games like Halo have a high game pace due to the lack of realism.

So how much really is needed for games like MW2.

IMO somethings stand out enough to bother me that may not bother others such as aircraft animations and weapon functionality. I don't mind the plausibility of armaments acquirement such as a Russian calling in a Harrier strike or even a South American calling in a nuclear strike (which by all accounts is not even a decision made at the tactical level of warfare, but by the strategic level by people far from the action) What I do mind is things like a knife beating a gun with a single slash anywhere to a players body and in some cases the area where the player was. What I do mind is things like assault rifles having zero recoil even when being fired on full auto while things like a sniper rifle (a gun designed to kill over long distances which usually includes a bipod to steady) sways all over the place unless holding your breath.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if IW wants to go completely with arcade style that fine, but at least they should balance the weapons better.
Some of my top issues are:
-If sniper scopes sways then all weapons should sway scoped or not and require a player to hold their breath, to steady.
-The knife IMO should require more then 1 kit to kill just like the riot shield. The basic commando perk should have made it one hit with the knife for a kill instead of extending the melee distance, and commando pro should remain as it is.
-The riot shield is pretty worthless against anything other than computer controlled kill streaks. I cant really think of much to fix it but, its just as annoying for the player using it as the person dealing with it. Its essentially a kill and then get killed weapon.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2010-05-27 20:54:07)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
The only reason you don't see as pronounced sway in iron sights or RDS is because they're not magnified as much as a sniper scope. They sway the same amount give or take, but it seems a lot more on a sniper because you're zoomed right in. Also

Miggle wrote:

sounds like you're bad
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451

Miggle wrote:

sounds like you're bad.
Fuck off if you have nothing constructive to add. People like you are the reason I am pro choice.

Finray wrote:

The only reason you don't see as pronounced sway in iron sights or RDS is because they're not magnified as much as a sniper scope. They sway the same amount give or take, but it seems a lot more on a sniper because you're zoomed right in. Also

Miggle wrote:

sounds like you're bad
Then explain why the ACOG will move on and off targets on a sniper rifle but will remain steady on any SMG, MG or AR. Only when you hold your breath are the sights on the the sniper rifle as steady as the other guns.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2010-05-29 19:10:21)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

You should not play MW2.

As for "the balance between reality and arcade style", In my opinion the best games are the ones that have been built from the base of being realistic but are arcade to keep the pace of the game proper and balanced. e.g I prefer BF2 style to the quake style of going all arcade or the ARMA style of going hardcore tactical realism.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6713|FUCK UBISOFT

DefCon-17 wrote:

Miggle wrote:

sounds like you're bad.
All MW2 players are.
I still don't understand how people find the sway difficult to counteract. I don't think they should have added hold breath to begin with.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6712

Definitely sounds like you're bad, complaining about MW2 is rather pathetic.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5724|Roma
Wow is there even sway in mw2? never noticed.
Look kid, you want realism? go play ARMA or PR.
Asking call of duty to be realistic is like asking a hooker to be dress properly and not suck dicks every 5 seconds.
Also the riot shield is the best weapon ever in mw2.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black

Ioan92 wrote:

Finray wrote:

aerodynamic wrote:

Also the riot shield is the best weapon ever in mw2.
Sounds like you're bad.
sounds like you suck with riot shields
A 'weapon' that kills with two melee shots over the course of about 2 seconds with the range of about 10 feet MAX with command pro is NOT better than any weapon with 900RPM and kills in four shots at any range.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6576|Greenwood, IN
All I have to say its way to easy to play.  Just played it after 4 months and still came out with a decent ratio.  But, the game is very pretty!
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6101|Carnoustie MASSIF
It's better than BC2. Just sayin'
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
sounds like this is a good discussion you mouth breathers.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
pace51
Boom?
+194|5144|Markham, Ontario

CammRobb wrote:

It's better than BC2. Just sayin'
It's not. Just saying.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451
Out of all the people who posted, how many are PC players and how many are console players. I have it on the consoles and alot of what happens in the game is very fustrating. I get a sense of being cheated every time I dump half a mag into someone to be stabbed, or when I shoot someone with a sniper rifle just for them to gun me down from across the map with an AR before its even possible to pull the trigger again, and when I hit someone with a riot shield just for them to run around me then stab the air and kill me.

It like the entire game is just one big unbalance ball of exploits. After all the patches nothing has been done about these problems even though they have been there since the game release. Arcade style shooting games are fun, but at least keep things plausible.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2010-06-01 18:21:02)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Out of all the people who posted, how many are PC players and how many are console players. I have it on the consoles and alot of what happens in the game is very fustrating. I get a sense of being cheated every time I dump half a mag into someone to be stabbed, or when I shoot someone with a sniper rifle just for them to gun me down from across the map with an AR before its even possible to pull the trigger again, and when I hit someone with a riot shield just for them to run around me then stab the air and kill me.

It like the entire game is just one big unbalance ball of exploits. After all the patches nothing has been done about these problems even though they have been there since the game release. Arcade style shooting games are fun, but at least keep things plausible.
SOLUTION: DON'T PLAY MW2.

No but seriously (that's a meme for me),

Activision listens to the fanboys. They don't give a flying fuck about balance. Hell I was reading an article of Wired (in a waiting room, mind you) about MW2 (fucking whores couldn't actually pick a good game to write about), and Robert Bowling was saying that they just added in whatever looked cool and people requested, like more killstreaks, etc, etc.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5144|Markham, Ontario

Trotskygrad wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

Activision listens to the fanboys. They don't give a flying fuck about balance. Hell I was reading an article of Wired (in a waiting room, mind you) about MW2 (fucking whores couldn't actually pick a good game to write about), and Robert Bowling was saying that they just added in whatever looked cool and people requested, like more killstreaks, etc, etc.
I agree. They don't listen to pro gamers or even people with suggestions, just guys with money. If people wanted a giant battle turtle, they'd add it. They don't want a good or memorable game, just nice, heavy pockets.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6566|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

pace51 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

I agree. They don't listen to pro gamers or even people with suggestions, just guys with money. If people wanted a giant battle turtle, they'd add it. They don't want a good or memorable game, just nice, heavy pockets.
thanks for sharing info we already knew. you seem to like doing that.
Evil_Black_Fox
+18|5451

pace51 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

I want a giant battle turtle!! ...it would be more entertaining than a nuke in any case.

Last edited by Evil_Black_Fox (2010-06-03 18:11:27)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

Evil_Black_Fox wrote:

pace51 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

I want a giant battle turtle!! ...it would be more entertaining than a nuke in any case.
tbh get all the fanboys to say that and IW will add it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard