Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5995|Vortex Ring State
I find it annoying when people plant charges (the self-destruct thing) on MCOMs when I'm trying to C4-stealth-destroy it, so the entire fucking enemy team knows that the MCOM is being threatened.

Anyone else have this problem?
Chou
+737|6787
That's the objective, what can you do?
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5994
So people should get punished for playing the game mode the way it is meant to be played?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

Sometimes it annoys me, too, if I'm trying to be stealthy. But it's better than the team not doing anything at all right? You can't blame them for attacking the objective and trying to destroy it. I'd love to have teammates that did that. Besides, you'll get some kills when the enemies run up to it and you blow it up. Team that tries + More C4 kills? It's a win-win.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6282|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I find it worse when defender snipers plant C4 on the M-Com to blow people up when they plant...

If only they knew they are doing more damage to it than the enemy :<
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Nordemus
+60|5994

FloppY_ wrote:

I find it worse when defender snipers plant C4 on the M-Com to blow people up when they plant...

Guilty of that, only on Squad Rush though.
FloppY_
­

Nordemus wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Guilty of that, only on Squad Rush though.
How many charges?

I regularly see people put all their C4 on the mcom itself

Personally I stick it to the cieling or walls to do no damage to the Mcom but the same killzone around it...
Nordemus
+60|5994
One, usually not on directly on the M-Com, but nearby. Coupled with motion sensors I can usually dispatch them before they arm.
FloppY_
­

Nordemus wrote:

One, usually not on directly on the M-Com, but nearby. Coupled with motion sensors I can usually dispatch them before they arm.
Yeah I was talking about the retards who basically do what enemy snipers do
Trotskygrad
бля

mtb0minime wrote:

Sometimes it annoys me, too, if I'm trying to be stealthy. But it's better than the team not doing anything at all right? You can't blame them for attacking the objective and trying to destroy it. I'd love to have teammates that did that. Besides, you'll get some kills when the enemies run up to it and you blow it up. Team that tries + More C4 kills? It's a win-win.
but I scream at them in mic and teamchat not to do it.

TBH, I'd be fine with it if I had the c4 on the station when it's at a health low enough for it to be killed, so when I see the defused message I blow the shit and I get more kills... But they always seem to do it right at the wrong time, like right before I am at that point where I'm fine with it, it would only take a couple more (30ish) seconds.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5175|Sydney
Getting pissed at people playing the game the way it was designed to be played lol.

What pisses me off is a station is armed, you're defending, you run in to disarm and get killed by a team mate's arty. Nice thinking, fuckwit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England

Jaekus wrote:

Getting pissed at people playing the game the way it was designed to be played lol.

What pisses me off is a station is armed, you're defending, you run in to disarm and get killed by a team mate's arty. Nice thinking, fuckwit.
Don't play hardcore
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5175|Sydney
I never play hardcore, thanks for your assumptions.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England

Jaekus wrote:

Then you can't be killed by a teammates artillery unless the building collapses.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5175|Sydney
Well maybe that's what happened, I don't know cause I'm not in the habit of a) playing hardcore servers; b) deliberately getting in the way of a team mate's arty. Either way I could've sworn a couple times I've been killed by a team mate's arty whilst disarming the station as per the kill message when you die.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-05-10 04:02:46)

DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6459|cuntshitlake

JohnG@lt wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Then you can't be killed by a teammates artillery unless the building collapses.
FF can be on on non-hc too
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Jaekus
+957|5175|Sydney
That's what I thought, but then I got all confused. Darn you John!
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6762|UK
C4 around building, plant charge, wait for enemy to defuse, boom, 15 kills, win.
Jaekus
+957|5175|Sydney
Or set charge, retreat, "defend" station with CG...
Trotskygrad
бля

Vilham wrote:

C4 around building, plant charge, wait for enemy to defuse, boom, 15 kills, win.
That's what I do when I'm too lazy to dislodge the squad that's mcom stair camping. I just level the building they're in.
Jaekus
+957|5175|Sydney
lol at the whingers who complain about people's use of tactics.
If you don't like them, give them a taste of their own medicine, learn to adapt, or harden the fuck up.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon

Jaekus wrote:

If you don't like them, give them a taste of their own medicine, learn to adapt, or harden the fuck up.
it's not really a tactic, tbh.  putting c4 on your own mcom causes too much damage to be worth the one or two kills you'll get.  this is more of a public service message than crying.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

Trotskygrad wrote:

I find it annoying when people plant charges (the self-destruct thing) on MCOMs
Whatcha want?
People staying back on the hill, sniping the defenders?
Jaekus
+957|5175|Sydney

steelie34 wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

it's not really a tactic, tbh.  putting c4 on your own mcom causes too much damage to be worth the one or two kills you'll get.  this is more of a public service message than crying.
The OP was talking about attacking the MCOM station, not defending. And I was probably in a bad mood (tired/hungover/both) when I wrote that lol
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5532|Cerbere Landing
LOL

I salute the original poster for being a C4 ninja. I hate those attackers who put C4 on all the vehicles like some people put pepper on food and then "ram" said vehicle into the MCOM stations

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard