Poll

Since joining BF2S's D&ST, have your political views strayed to the...

Far Left9%9% - 6
Left7%7% - 5
Moderate Left19%19% - 12
Center (more or less)26%26% - 17
Moderate Right9%9% - 6
Right19%19% - 12
Far Right7%7% - 5
Total: 63
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Varegg wrote:

@lowing: To keep discussing this topic is a lost case for you ... what should be important to you is your opinion and not what terminology it belongs to. I applaud you for not loosing your temper in this thread.
And as mentioned before, poll option terminology is up for individual interpretation and description in a subsequent post, since not everybody's ideas of left and right are the same.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2010-05-03 02:53:26)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

liberal and conservative works just fine. No complaints from the conservative camp, of course the conservative label has not done itself in quite like the those that tote the liberal banner.
You mean Bush, Cheney Rumsfeld have so thoroughly and permanently screwed the meaning of 'conservative' that real conservatives now have to call themsleves the 'Tea Party'?
The Tea Party is a a reference to the Boston Tead Party, an anti-tax action.

They are against the radicalism and fascism of the Obama administration. It has absolutely nothing to do with Bush Cheney or Rumsfeld..It is not an attempt to invent a new political affiliation.
Talk about being disingenuous with political language. Every time I see the word "fascism" used in this way it makes me want to puke because it's so plainly obvious that there is no meaning other than "I don't like it" ascribed to the word.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I've strayed slightly closer to the right, having previously placed myself in the moderate range.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85

Varegg wrote:

@Certain moderator: We simply don't tell our members to fuck off.
Don't insult people you don't know and it isn't an issue.

libel -

–noun
Law.
a.
defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
b.
the act or crime of publishing it.
c.
a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Don't insult people you don't know and it isn't an issue.

libel -

–noun
Law.
a.
defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
b.
the act or crime of publishing it.
c.
a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.
Don't try that pshyco shit on me douchebag
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

Varegg wrote:

"just ignore him"

"press the report button"

"PM him"

"Don't drop to his level"

"insert some other mod crap saying that they dont practice"
Flaming_Maniac
hey marine

look at the post and tell me that is 1) flaming, not just being rude and 2) a useless post

Then I can call you a liar and it won't be libel.
11 Bravo
Banned
about 8 pages of uselessness in this thread alone tbh.  most members would agree by a vast majority.
Flaming_Maniac
See this is why you can't comprehend how to deal with personal attacks. You probably would have made a one line post about bleach consumption and ignored any of the other points.
11 Bravo
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

See this is why you can't comprehend how to deal with personal attacks. You probably would have made a one line post about bleach consumption and ignored any of the other points.
in a thread like this?  bet your ass.  now, if you go back to that africa thread that gs bumped, you will see at one time i cared.  but, that got chipped away over the years by this place...so yes.  that goes for a lot of people tbh.

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-05-03 07:31:34)

Flaming_Maniac
11 Bravo
Banned
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

ruisleipa wrote:

lowing wrote:

They are against the radicalism and fascism of the Obama administration. It has absolutely nothing to do with Bush Cheney or Rumsfeld
Obama's administration isn't fascist ffs. What a fucking stupid thing to say.

but radicalism...ooooooh. something else to be scared about. Obviously radicaism is bad cos what we need is more of the same shit you had for the last 8 years prior to Obama.

As for your last sentence quoted above LOOOL noooo of course not hahahahaaahaha. Sucker.
you really really need to look up the term fascism. I mean if you all want to go by strick definitions of shit now, then lets.

fas·cism   /ˈfæʃɪzəm/  Show Spelled[fash-iz-uhm]  Show IPA
–noun
1.(sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

now lets see, a govt. having complete power, ( all democrat control which he has used to ram rod his programs.)

forcibly suppressing oppostion and criticism ( a proponent of the fairness doctrine ) check.

regimenting all industry and commerce ( now auto and health care industries are govt controlled for starters, he also decided to take control over how much a private citizen can make).

emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism ( Hmmmm Henry Gates Jr. the nutty proffessor " the ( white) police acted stupidly" and the ft hood shooter " lets not jump to any conclusions"
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

You mean Bush, Cheney Rumsfeld have so thoroughly and permanently screwed the meaning of 'conservative' that real conservatives now have to call themsleves the 'Tea Party'?

They are against the radicalism and fascism of the Obama administration. It has absolutely nothing to do with Bush Cheney or Rumsfeld..It is not an attempt to invent a new political affiliation.
I know what it is, why not call themselves conservatives?
because it is an action, a protest, not a philosophy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Spark wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Talk about being disingenuous with political language. Every time I see the word "fascism" used in this way it makes me want to puke because it's so plainly obvious that there is no meaning other than "I don't like it" ascribed to the word.
no actually, there is a meaning, and as shown Obama flirts with it rather closely if not completely
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
lowing trying to define obama's administration as fascist is... tenuous, at best.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Uzique wrote:

lowing trying to define obama's administration as fascist is... tenuous, at best.
Is there any way you could possibly read the definition and then deny what Obama has done is doing or is trying to do? If so, do it.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
he hasn't silenced the opposition party, for one.

show me a fascist dictator in the last century that has allowed an opposition party to freely operate above-ground and in public
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6812|Nårvei

I wonder how you can know what facism means and then call Obama a facist ... I wonder ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom
why do y ou fuckers even bother. lowing goes by his own definitions of words
Tu Stultus Es
ruisleipa
+149|6224|teh FIN-land

lowing wrote:

now lets see, a govt. having complete power, ( all democrat control which he has used to ram rod his programs.)

forcibly suppressing oppostion and criticism ( a proponent of the fairness doctrine ) check.

regimenting all industry and commerce ( now auto and health care industries are govt controlled for starters, he also decided to take control over how much a private citizen can make).

emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism ( Hmmmm Henry Gates Jr. the nutty proffessor " the ( white) police acted stupidly" and the ft hood shooter " lets not jump to any conclusions"
I suspect you really are serious in your vai attempt to 'ramrod' something you don't like into a term normally reserved for the worst evildoers on our planet, sadly. If you really equate Obama with fascism, it's just sad. Sad sad sad.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5261|foggy bottom

lowing wrote:

fas·cism   /ˈfæʃɪzəm/  Show Spelled[fash-iz-uhm]  Show IPA
–noun
1.(sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

now lets see, a govt. having complete power, ( all republicans have control which he has used to ram rod his programs.)

forcibly suppressing oppostion and criticism ( a proponent of USAPATRIOTACT) check.

regimenting all industry and commerce ( the original bailout as well as the outsourcing of vital intelligence services to cronies with private contracting corporations).

emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism ( "god wants me to conquer iraq....orders for fallujah "kill everybody")
wow, these definitions sure are interchangable to the previous administration.
Tu Stultus Es
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6716|US
(Breaking the argument to address the OP)

I've shifted down (libertarian.)
(null vote)
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

Uzique wrote:

he hasn't silenced the opposition party, for one.

show me a fascist dictator in the last century that has allowed an opposition party to freely operate above-ground and in public
http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/a … rcID=44588 . There is a lot he hasn't done...................yet

dealing with illegal immigration for one, but how do you suppose he will go about it.....really?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6653|USA

eleven bravo wrote:

why do y ou fuckers even bother. lowing goes by his own definitions of words
now this is good coming from one of those that has redefined racism.

I did not make up the definition, that is the definition.  I did not make up Obama's actions that fit it. IT does fit it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard