Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
The reason is simple: DICE are giving us balance changes based on console gameplay, and the console versions have an entirely different flight model to the slow, sluggish PC flight model. Helicopters are fast, can circle strafe extremely quickly, and look a hell of a lot of fun.

Observe:

So yes. That's why the tracer dart is now extremely fast and makes taking out helicopters the easiest thing in the game, why the heli guns do no damage and the AA guns are now even more powerful then they already were. Because on the PS3 version the helicopter moves quickly.

Hopefully DICE will quickly realise their stupidity (long shot) and either give us that quick, responsive flight model, or revert the completely unneeded changes.

Maybe they shouldn't judge all balance based on the console versions in future.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-04-22 14:13:08)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6625

Holy hell that's fast!

But why wouldn't they judge all balance based on the console versions? That's where the money is
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

The reason is simple: DICE are giving us balance changes based on console gameplay, and the console versions have an entirely different flight model to the slow, sluggish PC flight model. Helicopters are fast, can circle strafe extremely quickly, and look a hell of a lot of fun.

Observe:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehLJBD4i74g

So yes. That's why the tracer dart is now extremely fast and makes taking out helicopters the easiest thing in the game, why the heli guns do no damage and the AA guns are now even more powerful then they already were. Because on the PS3 version the helicopter moves quickly.

Hopefully DICE will quickly realise their stupidity (long shot) and either give us that quick, responsive flight model, or revert the completely unneeded changes.

clicked play, tabbed out. awsm music is awsm
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6257|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
Oh lawds... please tell me that is running x2 speed
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6314
Well, the mouse fix in described in the tips thread does help quite a lot, but its somehow still far aways from that
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5933|Sheffield
lmao it's so fast it looks like it's been edited to look like that.

awesome song though.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

Yup, confirmed on the 360.  And yes, the Apache is that fast and agile on the 360.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-04-22 15:03:50)

TopHat01
Limitless
+117|5875|CA

Ilocano wrote:

Yup, confirmed on the 360.  And yes, the Apache is that fast and agile on the 360.
Same with PS3, aiming a tracer dart at an Apache going that fast was nearly impossible, too....
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Observe:

Oooooh, circle strafing, I remember when that was possible... :sad:
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6638

TopHat01 wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

Same with PS3, aiming a tracer dart at an Apache going that fast was nearly impossible, too....
On that video, I could tag that sucker when he's flying low (hardcore so that they can't spot you).  It's the ones that go fast and keep high that are near impossible to tag.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6352|the land of bourbon
i dont know why they didnt keep the bf2 heli physics.  they felt so good, it was an extension of my hand to fly them.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
FloppY_
­

steelie34 wrote:

i dont know why they didnt keep the bf2 heli physics.  they felt so good, it was an extension of my hand to fly them.
Pfft... I prefer BC2.. Helicopters feel like they are actually suspended by their rotor and not some string between the top of the copter to the sun....
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

And that is why there needs to be a BF3, that and jets

Edit: And that vid makes it look fun, I have yet to fly a helo in BC2 yet

Last edited by _j5689_ (2010-04-22 16:10:49)

GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6385|Finland

First I thought this was bs, fast and agile choppers in BC2... but yeah why the hell does console version have that much different (better) choppers anyway?

Always thought the PC version choppers are like flying trains and some odd way limited in their movement...
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

FloppY_ wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Pfft... I prefer BC2.. Helicopters feel like they are actually suspended by their rotor and not some string between the top of the copter to the sun....
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6591|Mhz

FloppY_ wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

So the fact that they actually auto correct their level constantly doesn't piss you off? They're the ones suspended from a string, you can press nothing while in a turn and it'll happily rescue you and level you out, even more hilarious is the fact you can survive a certain death crash by simply bailing out, 7/10 times it'll land itself and you can just hop back in and fly off.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6385|Finland

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

So the fact that they actually auto correct their level constantly doesn't piss you off? They're the ones suspended from a string, you can press nothing while in a turn and it'll happily rescue you and level you out, even more hilarious is the fact you can survive a certain death crash by simply bailing out, 7/10 times it'll land itself and you can just hop back in and fly off.
Haha yeah hop out of BW and it drops in the middle of enemies that take it for themselves although the chopper crashes from as high as you can fly it.

Need to shoot it yourself with something to prevent that...
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
steelie34
pub hero!

FloppY_ wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

crazy talk man.  i wasted 600 hours of my life in bf2 helis, and they flew the way they have in every heli flight sim i've played.  bc2 heli's are just garbage.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6536|Area 51
That's it. Imma buying the game for my PS3

Oh wait..

Ah well vid did bring back memories of BF2 rape

Last edited by RDMC (2010-04-23 00:11:18)

FloppY_
­

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Are we playing the same game?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6721

FatherTed wrote:

clicked play, clicked stop, loaded up ACDC, listened to some songs, loaded up Iron Man 2 trailers and watched them.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

FatherTed wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Observe:

Clicked play, picked up guitar and played along...
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Does anybody else miss circle strafing so much in BF2? That was just so much fun. DAMN IT! I want to be in 2005 again!
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
steelie34
pub hero!

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Does anybody else miss circle strafing so much in BF2? That was just so much fun. DAMN IT! I want to be in 2005 again!
i still dream about circle strafing the carrier deck on gator with the hind.  i could do that shit with my eyes closed.
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5933|Sheffield
Almost forgot. That video needs more Benny hill.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard