Marlo Stanfield
online poker tax cheating
+122|5164
I've been holding back from saying that forever now, but I really feel that he is given way more praise than he deserves.

Does anyone else here not find Stephen Colbert to be funny? I think most people find his show to be the 'funniest thing eva' because his character is a parody of conservatives and most of his jokes are aimed at conservatives. All over the internet you'll find praise for his skits and humor but in my honest opinion it's not very funny, mostly average and juvenile.

I think the whole Stephen Colbert worship thing is nothing more than people just going along with what other people tell them since they can't think critically for themselves.

No debate here just Serious Talk.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
I like him more than Stewart. Stewart has become increasingly unfunny. I like the other people on his show more than him..

I do like Colbert though. Not the funniest show but I actually laugh at what he does, not just what other people do on his show...
Maybe growing up in a conservative household and a conservative area helps.
But it's your opinion. Many people in my history class thought Stewart was better than Colbert.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
BeardedHobo
Will post for food
+53|5182|Flying in my boxcar.
Each person has their moments, but watching a good amount of episodes from both comedians, I usually enjoy Colbert over Stewart.

Last edited by BeardedHobo (2010-03-30 18:25:53)

Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6476|Foothills of S. Carolina

I think Dennis Miller is better than Jon Stewart. As far as Colbert goes, he is alright in moderation, some of his stuff is OTT and some is OK.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6661|The darkside of Denver
Colbert platinum is funny.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5700
Colbert and Stewart both suck.
Diesel_dyk
Object in mirror will feel larger than it appears
+178|5995|Truthistan
Colbert seems to be better written, and his conservative parody hook is really good.

I enjoy both shows equally.... but I tend to watch the first 5 minutes of Stewart, then watch Jay Leno's monologue, and then switch back and catch Colbert. I never watch letterman, he hasn't been funny since he left NBC. and I turn the channel when I see Dennis miller, but then again I've never been a huge fan of SNL. meh to each his own.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Colbert is epically funny.
Maybe its over your head.

Leno is about as funny as cot death.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon
what the hell does the op know about funny?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

I think both are way overhyped and really not that funny.  Colbert is way too over the top and really, how long can Stewart milk that smarmy little smile?  It would be interesting if IF they actually delved into issues instead of mocking the mockery that is the American political system.  It's really not that hard to make fun of the political process, politics and politicians....so why do they do such a shitty job?

I'll stick to nonsense like Tosh.0 and Southpark for my nonsensical humor thankyouverymuch
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
Colbert is awesome, and you know how conservative I am.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It would be interesting if IF they actually delved into issues instead of mocking the mockery that is the American political system.
re-read that to yourself a few times
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

i did.  You have a point to make or are you just going to ask me to reread my statements a few more times?  Sorry if I can't take a thread like this seriously.  Perhaps you would like to debate the impact of structural adjustments imposed by the IMF and other NGO lenders on developing nations and how it impedes the rise of the standard of living in those countries.

PS: I have been drinking since 2:30pm.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I think both are way overhyped and really not that funny.  Colbert is way too over the top and really, how long can Stewart milk that smarmy little smile?  It would be interesting if IF they actually delved into issues instead of mocking the mockery that is the American political system.  It's really not that hard to make fun of the political process, politics and politicians....so why do they do such a shitty job?

I'll stick to nonsense like Tosh.0 and Southpark for my nonsensical humor thankyouverymuch
whens the last new episode youve seen? Id say Stewart has been addressing some serious issues lately.

Colbert is pretty funny.
Tu Stultus Es
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6686|United States of America
Holy shit, some people have different senses of humor than others?! Be right back, I've got to phone the papers about this.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
Canin I love you man but Dennis Miller hasnt been funny since 1984 and Id argue he wasnt really funny then
Tu Stultus Es
Canin

Different strokes man, I like Dennis Leary too.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
I like Dennis Leary even though he stole his routine from Bill hicks.
Tu Stultus Es
Canin

See, I was going to bring Leary into this earlier but I didn't want to derail this deep and thought provoking thread.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5260|foggy bottom
Carlos Mencia is pure garbage, we could agree there
Tu Stultus Es
Canin

eleven bravo wrote:

Carlos Mencia is pure garbage, we could agree there
This, never did find that man funny.
Wreckognize
+294|6486
Colbert at the White House Press Correspondents Dinner was comedy gold.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

It's kind of like South Park, only South Park IS funny. People whose minds are already made up read what they want into someone's act and either like it or dislike it because of it.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
For the most part, I prefer Bill Maher.  He might be a lot more liberal than me, but every once in a while, he'll say something incredibly funny.
ruisleipa
+149|6223|teh FIN-land

Reciprocity wrote:

what the hell does the op know about funny?
yes, quite.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's kind of like South Park, only South Park IS funny. People whose minds are already made up read what they want into someone's act and either like it or dislike it because of it.
lol like you?

Last edited by ruisleipa (2010-03-30 23:53:57)

LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6486|England
I like Colbert, I also think David letterman is fucking hilarious.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard