lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6586|Toronto-Canada
I want to know how many people would consider themselves good in the chopper in terms of flying.
i have not see many chopper crews dominating a match until last night when our team was playing a 8vs8 scrim in atacama dessert.
this guy was just insanely good at maneuvering the chopper that it was hard to hit him with anything.
before this scrim, we thought that the chopper wasn't a game changing vehicle in a map where there is 3 tanks shooting at it but apparently not.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6372|the land of bourbon
i'm still awful at it.  i cant seem to get the sideways circle very consistent, but otherwise i can do straight up rocket runs.  i need more practice
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6586|Toronto-Canada
doesn't it feel like you're flying the Cow in bf2, shit i think the cow has better movement than the bc2 attack chopper
thepilot91
+64|6226|Åland!
actually i don't think it's a big matter of who's the pilot ( based on former bf2 players) since I played/play alot of chopper in bf2 I know the basics , tho in BC2 they're like fuckin DUMBO! (= flying elephant ftl) , I think its all about the gunner , I mean that cannon kicks motherfucking ASS ffs! have , very rarely , but have flown with a few good gunners and I fly pretty much the same with / without good/bad gunner and the difference is really between the good gunner and the rest , even better is if both pilot and gunner has secondary weapon upgrade and the gunner "darts" vehicles

but I'm finding huge lack of good gunners in BC2 , sure they can kill people , not very hard with that cannon , but the rarely VERY rarely are pay any attention

Last edited by thepilot91 (2010-03-29 10:54:43)

lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6586|Toronto-Canada

thepilot91 wrote:

actually i don't think it's a big matter of who's the pilot ( based on former bf2 players) since I played/play alot of chopper in bf2 I know the basics , tho in BC2 they're like fuckin DUMBO! (= flying elephant ftl) , I think its all about the gunner , I mean that cannon kicks motherfucking ASS ffs! have , very rarely , but have flown with a few good gunners and I fly pretty much the same with / without good/bad gunner and the difference is really between the good gunner and the rest , even better is if both pilot and gunner has secondary weapon upgrade and the gunner "darts" vehicles

but I'm finding huge lack of good gunners in BC2 , sure they can kill people , not very hard with that cannon , but the rarely VERY rarely are pay any attention
hmm
for me it's quite the opposite
it's hard to find a good pilot because they're rarely anyone who can actually fly without been a total useless noob.
i find chopper whoring quite irritating in this game with so many noobs around.
thepilot91
+64|6226|Åland!

lxcpikiman wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

hmm
for me it's quite the opposite
it's hard to find a good pilot because they're rarely anyone who can actually fly without been a total useless noob.
i find chopper whoring quite irritating in this game with so many noobs around.
well yeah there's some truth in that but basically you can just stay at some range just letting the gunner mow down enemies with the gun (good gunner) , there're not the same "skills" - requrements as in bf2 for the pilot .
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5446
with a good gunner its pretty easy to dominate, especially when you get to point when youre just raping their uncap, only thing as a pilot you should be looking out is pretty much just the other teams chopper, rest is pretty basic, tanks are NP if your gunner has tracer dart perk, otherwise you just go around their back and shoot them down or let your team handle them, best thing to do when threats are down is to hang back at high altitude, letting your gunner mow down the flags with the cannon, worst thing you can do is diving back and forth trying to hit stuff with ur rockets... they do minimal damage and disable your gunner
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5779|Catherine Black
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/33829/BFBC2Game%202010-03-24%2022-38-59-24.jpg

Do I qualify?

(Afxz was gunner)
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6555|Area 51
I find it annoying to have pilots who think they are the flying version of Rambo and fly all the way towards the enemy, while my gun can do just about the same damage from a distance, without the added risk of being shot down in about 0.32532 seconds..

Also..V Armor seems rather useless on the choppers..
thepilot91
+64|6226|Åland!

Finray wrote:

http://static.bf2s.com/files/user/33829 … -59-24.jpg

Do I qualify?

(Afxz was gunner)
no u hax ! go away!

Last edited by thepilot91 (2010-03-29 12:14:29)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6461
the only hacks me and finray use are of the sexual kind
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5174|Hague City Firm - Holland
I'm bad at it, flying chopper in BC1 was easier imo.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6650|The darkside of Denver
Where the hell is the vehicle secondary fire perk? I have all vehicle unlocks but it's just not in the list?!
Microwave
_
+515|6645|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I'm awesome.

However, occasionally the sea will kill me, and my 5 passengers...
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6343|Troy, New York
What is the secondary for the pilot? I normally play as gunner and use vehicle zoom (which I love) and have my brother fly me around, but I'm clueless on what the alt weapon is for pilot (with the perk, obviously).
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6372|the land of bourbon

h4hagen wrote:

What is the secondary for the pilot? I normally play as gunner and use vehicle zoom (which I love) and have my brother fly me around, but I'm clueless on what the alt weapon is for pilot (with the perk, obviously).
laser guided missle.  if you see any target boxes on the ground, point at them for a second, and then alt fire to rain down hellfire death.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5974|Perth, Australia
I find the chopper to be incredibly easy to fly. Finding a good gunner is the difficult part.

Thankfully i have that covered if i play with friends but it constantly amazes me how bad some randoms can be when all the have to do is point an click in roughly the right area
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6343|Troy, New York
Ah, good to know. So Alt fire for both positions = win
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5779|Catherine Black

h4hagen wrote:

Ah, good to know. So Alt fire for both positions = win
Indeed. But only if your gunner stops talking to you on IM and actually shoots things, eh Cammy?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
-=]DeatH1337[=-
+51|6624|England
Only time i went gunner i did 21-0
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6586|Toronto-Canada
I found out that I'm supposed to be the gunner for our team since we got destroyed in scrim last night by chopper crew and they want to try me out for the position.
so far the optic perk ( where you zoom in targets) works the best at great distance for taking out chopper and infy without been shot from everywhere in the map.
bennisboy
+829|6637|Poundland
I'm absolutely average
Phrozenbot
+632|6606|do not disturb

I use to be a pretty good pilot in BF2 but haven't bothered with the attack helis yet in BC2. I tried getting into a blackhawk and crashed it. Why did they invert the pitch controls like they did in BF2? Dumb. I'll have to change them.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6657

Question on the Hind.  Gunner's gun weak against the Bradley?  Pilot doesn't have any weapons?  Any secondary weapons?
Brasso
+1,549|6621

Ilocano wrote:

Question on the Hind.  Gunner's gun weak against the Bradley?  Pilot doesn't have any weapons?  Any secondary weapons?
if the gunner has the alt fire perk i believe they fire a TOW missle
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard