Poll

What is your favorite battlefield game of all time?

194214%14% - 23
BF: Vietnam5%5% - 9
Bf267%67% - 108
Bad company0%0% - 0
Bad company 25%5% - 8
21426%6% - 10
BF:Heroes1%1% - 2
19430%0% - 0
Total: 160
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Something like

BFV = Bf2142 = BF2

The reasons I like each game are pretty different, so it is hard to scale them.
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5506|Cerbere Landing

Sisco10 wrote:

2142. All teh good things Bf2 had, minus a lot of bugs and with more balance and customizable loadout. Plus Walkers!
Mr. Building kick hit the nail on the head. I also like how in 2142 the graphics were better and the sound was a lot better and the music didn't seem like an afterthought.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.

FloppY_ wrote:

Potato. wrote:

why do people say bf2 is dead? i still see new people play it and there are still at least 400 servers up.

but my favorite would have to be 2142 just because of the knifing.
uh?

The knife in 2142 had the worst hitreg of all the battlefield games
http://2142-stats.com/pbasydney+stats.html

tbh.

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

bf 42 > bf v > bf 2 > all
fh 2 > fh > dc > all
Might have to check out FH2 again, I loved the original FH to death.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6443|Kakanien

Sydney wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Potato. wrote:

why do people say bf2 is dead? i still see new people play it and there are still at least 400 servers up.

but my favorite would have to be 2142 just because of the knifing.
uh?

tbh.

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

fh 2 > fh > dc > all
fh 2 is pure win
killerdoomsky
+2|5350|a real place i made up
i believe that the reasoning behind the surge in bf2 players is because #1 this is a bf2 forum, #2 some of the games such as bfbc2 and bf1943 are somewhat recent and not as wide spread, #3 bf2 was a very good game and still is, although most have moved to bfbc2. and finally most computers that have played bf2 need graphic card updates for bfbc2 so they stick with bf2.      thank you all and have a good day.
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6443|Kakanien

killerdoomsky wrote:

i believe that the reasoning behind the surge in bf2 players is because #1 this is a bf2 forum, #2 some of the games such as bfbc2 and bf1943 are somewhat recent and not as wide spread, #3 bf2 was a very good game and still is, although most have moved to bfbc2. and finally most computers that have played bf2 need graphic card updates for bfbc2 so they stick with bf2.      thank you all and have a good day.
most of the forum members are too young for having played bf 42, dc or fh
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

I really love bfbc2 since i can get into a game faster than bf2 starts up
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6323|Troy, New York
1942 for sure
Delusion
AK Hero
+26|5742|Greece / Rhodos

ROGUEDD wrote:

who voted heroes?
i did...
heroes beats them all
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America

jsnipy wrote:

I really love bfbc2 since i can get into a game faster than bf2 starts up
This is a great point. I log into BC2 and its like BAM GAME NOW PLAY.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6813|Reykjavík, Iceland.

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

Sydney wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

uh?

tbh.

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

fh 2 > fh > dc > all
fh 2 is pure win
Holy crap, I am now addicted to FH2

Bolt action rifles are EPIC.
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6312|Atlanta, Georgia

CammRobb wrote:

BF2, nothing has ever topped it.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
1942, I never got the chance to play Vietnam even though I wanted to at the time so I can't judge it. But I've played every other battlefield game and the one battlefield game I miss the most was 1942. 1943 didn't do a good enough job in trying to bring back the fun of it, I will forever miss the classic dogfighting.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
phishsux
­
+131|5102

CammRobb wrote:

BF2, nothing will ever top it.
Pepsiholic
+4|5796|Winland

CammRobb wrote:

BF2, nothing has ever topped it.
SF is also great <3
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
BF2 for me. I still get a certain thrill when starting a new round that I haven't had in any other game. I'm sad I'll never be able to play another SF multiplayer map ever again

I had and still have great moments in the game. It just feels so verstile and there have been some classic hilarious moments, too many to mention.

I like BC2, but already I'm getting bored with it after a couple hours, whereas back in the day I'd play BF2 for hours on end, one session being 19 hours lol.

I hope BF3 has gameplay more like BF2, with the obvious advances in game technology. And make the knife like BF2. You never see knife battles in BC2.
voodoodolphins
+92|6673
Desert combat mod for BF1942....that was really fun to play, and the heli was actually quit hard to fly and there was no "lock on" for missiles when you were dogfighting in jets and bombing was also a bit more difficult.  all in all Desert combat was just brilliant and fun to play.
Graphic-J
The Artist formerly known as GraphicArtist-J
+196|6096|So Cal
Even though I like BC2, its mostly a Console port that is trying but not yet up to par with BF2.
It only supercedes it in Graphics for now and those nice destructible environments..
Actually I see BF2 as the top hocho of all FPS games, with everything from infantry to all shit-loads of vehicles. Choppers being my favorite.

BF3 should rape everything else next year. I'm preparing my virtual K&Y jelly as well. 
https://i44.tinypic.com/28vg66s.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Blade4509 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

BF2, it was perfectly balanced. You could dominate on foot,
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No, he's serious. Good infantry teamwork can destroy all but expert mech teams.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I loved 1942 since before it was released to retail. Played it and Vietnam when that came out. Switched to playing mostly BF2 when that came out. I have no idea how long I played 1942 or Vietnam, but I'm going to have to give my vote to BF2 for overall win. The command hierarchy is what made the game for me. Without it, I'd have gone back to 1942 for the ships and manual artillery or Vietnam for the music. Especially after they nerfed the Blackhawk but left the grenade-spewing arabchopper alone.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Graphic-J wrote:

Even though I like BC2, its mostly a Console port that is trying but not yet up to par with BF2.
It only supercedes it in Graphics for now and those nice destructible environments..
Actually I see BF2 as the top hocho of all FPS games, with everything from infantry to all shit-loads of vehicles. Choppers being my favorite.

BF3 should rape everything else next year. I'm preparing my virtual K&Y jelly as well. 
BF2142 is superior than BF2 in many aspects and they've change the less good stuff to the better (but obviously the sci-fi theme is less appealing to most players).

Unfortunately, DICE utterly failed to use these advancements and improvements from BF2142 (as well as all the latest patches of BF2 and BF2142) in BC2.
It seems as they simply started from scratch, and didn't even once look back at anything they have done well in the predecessors.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Vietnam.

It had a fucking soundtrack ffs.

Best hit reg. Atmosphere. And Gooks!
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

chittydog wrote:

BF2, it was perfectly balanced. You could dominate on foot,
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
No, he's serious. Good infantry teamwork can destroy all but expert mech teams.
Maybe on some maps with 1 or 2 vehicles you could say that, but on maps like dalian and kubra, shut your mouth and get bombed.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
pace51
Boom?
+194|5143|Markham, Ontario

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I loved 1942 since before it was released to retail. Played it and Vietnam when that came out. Switched to playing mostly BF2 when that came out. I have no idea how long I played 1942 or Vietnam, but I'm going to have to give my vote to BF2 for overall win. The command hierarchy is what made the game for me. Without it, I'd have gone back to 1942 for the ships and manual artillery or Vietnam for the music. Especially after they nerfed the Blackhawk but left the grenade-spewing arabchopper alone.
The Mil Mi-28 is clunky (Slow, unresponsive handling), and really easy to knock out of the sky, even with tanks. Plus, if it takes off without a gunner or someone Barrets the gunner, the Havok is screwed.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America

pace51 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The Mil Mi-28 is clunky (Slow, unresponsive handling), and really easy to knock out of the sky, even with tanks. Plus, if it takes off without a gunner or someone Barrets the gunner, the Havok is screwed.
You're clunky, slow, and unresponsive... if you don't get a high score while flying that thing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard