Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6474|Foothills of S. Carolina

Trotskygrad wrote:

Canin wrote:

I have no problems with the armor, already got my second gold star. You just have to play them balanced, and with a squad. Also, know when to GTFO!
But my squad is always filled with recontards...
Join my squad, I play hella engy, just ask Sonder
TheDonkey
Eat my bearrrrrrrrrrr, Tonighttt
+163|5716|Vancouver, BC, Canada
I don't own/haven't played BC2, so someone please enlighten me,

Could someone explain how the whole light vehicles situation is any different in BC2 than it was in BF2? By the sound of it, it's about equal, but people are complaining much more so I don't understand
Bevo
Nah
+718|6520|Austin, Texas

TheDonkey wrote:

Could someone explain how the whole light vehicles situation is any different in BC2 than it was in BF2? By the sound of it, it's about equal, but people are complaining much more so I don't understand
It's not really, it's just that infantry are more apt to taking out vehicles.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6342

Bevo wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Which results in the vehicles not being in the front line most of the time. I killed myself more often then I got shot by a tank or apc.
Mortars, C4 with two classes, guided and tracer guided rockets make it fairly easy to take out armor that has no back up or is careless.

Very well balanced if you ask me.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5998|Vortex Ring State

Sisco10 wrote:

Bevo wrote:

TheDonkey wrote:

Which results in the vehicles not being in the front line most of the time. I killed myself more often then I got shot by a tank or apc.
Mortars, C4 with two classes, guided and tracer guided rockets make it fairly easy to take out armor that has no back up or is careless.

I just think that it's getting to easy to take out armor alone...
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6380|the land of bourbon

Trotskygrad wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

Bevo wrote:

then squad up with some engi friends.  it's not so easy to take out when two are repairing your tank while you are shooting.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Trotskygrad
бля

steelie34 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Sisco10 wrote:

then squad up with some engi friends.  it's not so easy to take out when two are repairing your tank while you are shooting.
Damn snipers always take out the engy's though...
steelie34
pub hero!

Trotskygrad wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

which is what makes this game
Trotskygrad
бля

steelie34 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

But it's f*cking annoying when a team with 10 recons and 4 engys can hold back a heavy tank indefinitely.
steelie34
pub hero!

Trotskygrad wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

But it's f*cking annoying when a team with 10 recons and 4 engys can hold back a heavy tank indefinitely.
you're awfully close to QQ'ing in this thread... for every situation you encounter in this game, there is a way to counter it effectively.  if the other team has 10 snipers and 4 engis, get on your assault boots and go stab them in the face.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6311

Trotskygrad wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

10 constant mortar strikes could probably hold back 5 tanks indefinitely.

Last edited by ebug9 (2010-03-23 06:57:45)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6322|Graz, Austria

Trotskygrad wrote:

Maybe it's the increased awesomeness of infantry, or the fact that almost every 4th soldier has a rocket launcher.
I like infantry indeed better than in any previous Battlefield game.
But it's most likely the fact that there are only 4 classes, which statistically increases the probability for enemy soldiers with a rocket launcher.
It was the same in BF2142.

Trotskygrad wrote:

Maybe it's the fact that I don't dig the grain/video effects in the tanks (T90 especially).
I more dislike the extreme light amplification in the Russian tanks.

Trotskygrad wrote:

Maybe it's because secondary machine guns in the APC are like flashbangs when the primary gunner fires.
Yep, that can be annoying.
But I guess that's how such big guns look like if you sit next to them.
I think in reality, the main gun and the mounted machine gun are never used together anyway.

Trotskygrad wrote:

Maybe it's because you can't repair vehicles inside vehicles with FF ON, it results in Team Vehicle Damage bullshit.
What the heck?
Seems to be a very bad side effect of the ability to silently disassemble enemy vehicles with your cordless screwdriver.
Does repairing work if FF is off?

Trotskygrad wrote:

Maybe it's the slow as molasses turret rotation speeds, and the fact that tank guns simply can't depress to fire at targets downhill.
Blame the negative mouse acceleration for the slow turning.
As for aiming downwards, I actually haven't played on a map where there was some lower spot that I couldn't hit and where I couldn't drive down the slope.

Trotskygrad wrote:

And the fact that the alt-fire tank MG seems weaker than a SMG.
I only recently unlocked that and haven't used it really.

Trotskygrad wrote:

It says something when I can run all the way across the map to take a empty tank, which no one on my team has claimed yet...
I noticed that too.
Maybe we have to blame Strike at Karkand and I/O mode in BF2?

Trotskygrad wrote:

Also, taking down vehicles seems too easy, I do it ALL the time as engy.
I like that.
What I like less is the tracer dart gun. Those projectiles fly as slow as balloon you try to throw.

Also, I haven't been able to hit an enemy with it in the face, nor have I been hit to see it blinking on my screen.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6690
Its not that vehicles are bad. Just bad when you don't get repaired. There isn't supply crates and vehicles columns don't heal.

I rarely go into tanks but when I do and getting healed which is even more rare. I rack up kills.

Just sometimes 3 co-ordinated shots from the engineer can take down any tank before time for repair.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6326|Australia
Raping with tanks is easy - you don't even need a coordinated squad. I always go engy, and let someone get in the MG turret. Then I sit back (though not far enough away to need the optics package, I need that slot for my UAV) and pick off targets. When I take heat, I just get out and repair myself, while the turret gunner ensures that 1) the enemies still get shot and 2) no enemy can steal the tank while it's getting repped.

Does anyone think that shooting down helis with tank shells is now much easier then in BF2? Poor handling + no TVGM = easy target for tanks IMO.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6594|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
A lot of people are bitching about every aspect of this game, which is good. Means it's balanced. Some days i will rape face in an APC or a tank, other days there will be far too many competent engys or recons. Some days i'll rape face as an engy or an assault. Other days I wont. Same goes for every class and every vehicle.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

Raping with tanks is easy - you don't even need a coordinated squad. I always go engy, and let someone get in the MG turret. Then I sit back (though not far enough away to need the optics package, I need that slot for my UAV) and pick off targets. When I take heat, I just get out and repair myself, while the turret gunner ensures that 1) the enemies still get shot and 2) no enemy can steal the tank while it's getting repped.

Does anyone think that shooting down helis with tank shells is now much easier then in BF2? Poor handling + no TVGM = easy target for tanks IMO.
Yup, awesome combination.  Major raping as tank gunner.  I'd spot like crazy.  Driver would blow a hole into a building, which I then follow up with a hail of machinegun bullets.
steelie34
pub hero!
i find the laser guided missle on the heli to be quite satisfying.  all it takes is a tracer dart on the enemy armor from one of your teammates, and its a one shot kill.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6604|Greenwood, IN

Trotskygrad wrote:

Canin wrote:

I have no problems with the armor, already got my second gold star. You just have to play them balanced, and with a squad. Also, know when to GTFO!
But my squad is always filled with recontards...
Or medictards
Trotskygrad
бля

globefish23 wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Maybe it's the fact that I don't dig the grain/video effects in the tanks (T90 especially).
I more dislike the extreme light amplification in the Russian tanks.
That too...
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5454
I quite like vehicles in BFBC2 unless Im being shot at by one, zoom is quite awesome to have, you can just sit on a hilltop fireing at some distant flag and constantly getting kills, gives a lot satisfaction : )
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

I quite like vehicles in BFBC2 unless Im being shot at by one, zoom is quite awesome to have, you can just sit on a hilltop fireing at some distant flag and constantly getting kills, gives a lot satisfaction : )
Speaking of which, it's annoying that the M1A2 (?) doesn't have any distance scale thingy on the sights, but the T-90 does. On Arica Harbor today it was hilarious to launch shells into their base and destroy their tanks before they could use them. But when trying to launch shells onto the objectives, it takes a bit longer to line up and get set up
Trotskygrad
бля

mtb0minime wrote:

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

Speaking of which, it's annoying that the M1A2 (?) doesn't have any distance scale thingy on the sights, but the T-90 does. On Arica Harbor today it was hilarious to launch shells into their base and destroy their tanks before they could use them. But when trying to launch shells onto the objectives, it takes a bit longer to line up and get set up
Rawr, that makes them more like artillery, lul.

Not that tanks aren't used that way IRL. They are.
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5454

mtb0minime wrote:

RoaringJet[FIN] wrote:

Oh I never noticed that, mostly I just use my tank instict to line my shots

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard