yea hurri was limited for a while. month or so i think
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

Miggle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Stop fucking talking down on us from your high horse.
I'm not "talking down to to you" from anywhere. OH clearly explained what Teds was banned for the amount of time he was. It was clear that it wasn't based on a single incident, and it wasn't without tons of warning.

It's dead simple....and then people say it's still not adequately explained? Really?
I never said it wasn't adequately explained. I said it was the dumbest thing I had heard all day. Which it was.
I really don't see how someone getting multiple short-term bans for the same thing in a short time frame, then turning right around and doing the exact same thing that they've been banned for repeatedly already again doesn't seem like adequate justification for a longer-term ban.

Hmmmm...were you talking about the ban or Teds' behavior?
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6741|FUCK UBISOFT

I think banning teds for flaming was really dumb. In general. Even the short term ones.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Miggle wrote:

I think banning teds for flaming was really dumb.
We do have the ignore thing now. Serious flaming between two members is never random and always part of a larger conflict between them. If both decline to use the ignore feature on each other I don't see were there would be much room for mods to step in.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

Macbeth wrote:

Miggle wrote:

We do have the ignore thing now. Serious flaming between two members is never random and always part of a larger conflict between them. If both decline to use the ignore feature on each other I don't see were there would be much room for mods to step in.
https://mycdn.theexcitantgroup.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/scared-kitten.jpeg?cda6c1
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

I do not understand.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5701|College Park, MD

Miggle wrote:

I think they did it marine too and he left.

And hurri IIRC
it sucked more than a straight-up temp ban tbh
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6343
By this logic almost every one in the BF3 main thread should be temp banned, or should been have repeatedly over the last months resulting in a month long ban for most of us.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Sisco wrote:

By this logic almost every one in the BF3 main thread should be temp banned, or should been have repeatedly over the last months resulting in a month long ban for most of us.
Ban
Sisco
+493|6343
D:
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

Macbeth wrote:

Miggle wrote:

The problem in this case is that it wasn't really "between" two of them. Just one-way, really.

And there is the ignore feature, as you've pointed out. And as has been pointed out to Teds.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England
The lack of consistency on this forum is appalling. Teds gets a permanent ban for whatever, and Macbeth gets an AWM for calling my stepfather a janitor and my father a junkie welfare case. That kid should've been launched from the forums instantly. Good job OH.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5542|Toronto
I thought Teds was on a 1 month ban?
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Jay wrote:

The lack of consistency on this forum is appalling. Teds gets a permanent ban for whatever, and Macbeth gets an AWM for calling my stepfather a janitor and my father a junkie welfare case. That kid should've been launched from the forums instantly. Good job OH.
It's pretty ridiculous that I get AWMs for responding back to your personal attacks. I guess I should start reporting like a girl everytime someone hurts my feelings.

I love how my previous post got deleted but the one calling me out stays. Hmmmm
Sisco
+493|6343

Pochsy wrote:

I thought Teds was on a 1 month ban?
He is.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

Miggle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Stimey wrote:

Stop fucking talking down on us from your high horse.
I'm not "talking down to to you" from anywhere. OH clearly explained what Teds was banned for the amount of time he was. It was clear that it wasn't based on a single incident, and it wasn't without tons of warning.

It's dead simple....and then people say it's still not adequately explained? Really?
I never said it wasn't adequately explained. I said it was the dumbest thing I had heard all day. Which it was.
FEOS
+1,182|6410|'Murka

jord wrote:

Miggle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 0#p3670490
― Albert Einstein

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

Uh-huh, and people who say they're glad other forum members were abused as children? I guess they should be launched somewhere too.

(Which I wasn't BTW)
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jord

FEOS wrote:

Miggle wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I really don't see how someone getting multiple short-term bans for the same thing in a short time frame, then turning right around and doing the exact same thing that they've been banned for repeatedly already again doesn't seem like adequate justification for a longer-term ban.

Hmmmm...were you talking about the ban or Teds' behavior?
Not really when there's a limited amount of contributing members on the forum and we're all big boys. It's been pointed out before, but for some reason you seem to think enforcing rules that were created when the forum had a large influx of members is logical still.

I got news brah, it isn't.

Last edited by jord (2011-10-18 10:04:00)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

flaming members isn't contributing.  removing teds for a month may be a bit harsh, but maybe that's what he needs to return to positively contributing.

anyway, let's move on from teds ban
jord

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

flaming members isn't contributing.
No but that wasn't the entirety of his posts, and flaming happens everyday, 10 times a day.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK

Miggle wrote:

And hurri IIRC
He didn't leave (like he ever would) He told OH to trip and fall onto a cock or something along those lines after being temped twice and limited.

OH perm'd him right there.

Last edited by m3thod (2011-10-18 16:31:13)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6648|Washington DC

m3thod wrote:

Miggle wrote:

And hurri IIRC
He didn't leave (like he ever would) He told OH to trip and fall onto a cock or something along those lines after being temped twice and limited.

No I didn't ... I did not perm ban Marine ... but, I did put him on a limited account.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6105|eXtreme to the maX
At least he's getting out of the house more.

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK

OrangeHound wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Miggle wrote:

And hurri IIRC

No I didn't ... I did not perm ban Marine ... but, I did put him on a limited account.
it was varegg.  i couldnt be arsed to edit my post.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard