War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6720|Purplicious Wisconsin
Bombers also counter infantry, also I wasn't making my way to counter them I was making my way to stop them from existing as well as find a loophole to defeat the enemy. Also it wasn't just infantry that were bad there were also aircraft that were a problem but once I grapped them by the ankle I produced tanks to destroy the enemy(French tanks are slow and blitz would only give a slight boost as it only covers a small area so it was good that I capped the armor base).
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276
https://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g2/Spidery_Yoda/Scene_2D_VideoAndDialog_20100404_20.jpg?t=1270411115
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659
Too bad the BETA is over in two days and the game is out in two months

Ubisoft you expert trolls
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276
1.2 days
War Man
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why can't the beta live as long as until the game comes out? Man I wonder what changes they'll make this time, hope they make Russian IS2 more of a competitor to the Tiger, Pershing, and ARL 44.
War Man
Hey they increased the armor on some the Mobile AA vehicles and the French Prototype recon from 30mm to 45mm
War Man
It appears they prolonged the beta
pace51
Boom?
+194|5180|Markham, Ontario
So... How is RUSE, beta testers? I really like the look of this game, is the gameplay original and strategic?
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6601|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
Way to necropost on a game that is long out of beta.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5180|Markham, Ontario

seymorebutts443 wrote:

It is? Is it released?
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6601|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA

pace51 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

It is? Is it released?
no im fucking with ya, in september it is. Only warman likes it here, it's pretty boring.
War Man
One of the few rts games I'm good at.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659

seymorebutts443 wrote:

pace51 wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

It is? Is it released?
no im fucking with ya, in september it is. Only warman likes it here, it's pretty boring.
And me, and Spidery_Yoda, and DUnlimited, and Noobest, and Aries_37, and some non-BF2s friends of theirs

It's a great multiplayer RTS, especially for 2v2 or larger games.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6470|cuntshitlake

Lucien wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

pace51 wrote:

It is? Is it released?
And me, and Spidery_Yoda, and DUnlimited, and Noobest, and Aries_37, and some non-BF2s friends of theirs

It's a great multiplayer RTS, especially for 2v2 or larger games.
This. 1v1's got boring on the third time of killing the enemy's paratroopers and tankrushing him but 2v2's / 3v3's and even 4v4's were great fun
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276
It's a great game with friends.

We're slowly getting closer to it's release though. I hope they don't screw up the balance because of all the 'feedback'.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276
It's back! Free weekend on Steam!. Pre-load now.

Ubisoft's upcoming Real Time Strategy game, R.U.S.E.™ is hosting a Free Preview Weekend. Pre-load the game now and be ready to play when the free weekend starts Thursday, July 15th at 11am Pacific Time.

Click here to start pre-loading, or visit www.steamgames.com/about to install Steam.

The Free Preview Weekend of R.U.S.E. will let you play a sizeable slice of the multiplayer, featuring new maps never played before. Play with 2 to 8 players, with any team or free-for-all combination, and with any of the 6 factions available in the final game.

During the Free Weekend, you can also play battles against the medium or hard AI for the first time. Select which nation your opposing AI will play and check out the strengths of each faction. Good luck defeating the hard AI.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/4060/

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-07-13 13:26:21)

War Man
Yay, better of made good changes
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659
better 'of' not made many changes at all, there was barely anything wrong with the old beta. It mostly just needed a few technical improvements

if the devs listened to their forums then the game's dead
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276
I'm hoping they left the balance alone because it was perfectly fine as it was. If they had to change it then hopefully it's only slight changes instead of DICE style 'tweaks'.

There is a huge number of things that could be improved though, nearly all of which being AI and connection related.

Edit: Changelog for those interested. Which is probably not really anyone and this is mostly for DU's sake when he gets back.

• Flamethrower tanks can't fire anymore while moving.
• Excessive paratroopers' stress resistance has been fixed.
• Siegfried & Maginot field defences' minimal flamethrower range has been fixed.
• British paratroopers' armament changed from "Elite" to "Heavy".
• All heavy bombers' (P108, Lancaster, B17, Arado Blitz) production time has been increased by 5 seconds.
• B17 bomber's speed has been decreased.
• Lancaster bomber's speed has been decreased.
• Heavy bombers' bombs' damages have been slightly decreased.
• All bombers' ground speed has been decreased.
• All planes' repair time on ground has been increased by 25%.
• British Coventry recon vehicle's armor has been decreased by 1 point, speed decreased too.
• HQ's resistance has been slightly increased.
• US Chaffee tank's speed has been slightly increased.
• All ground units now have better reactivity (rotation, acceleration, …).
• AA guns' damages on falling paratroopers have been increased.
• USSR Ishak fighter's production time has been decreased by 5 seconds.
• AA guns are now in " shoot to kill " mode (they keep the same target until his death).
• Light AA (20mm & 40mm) guns' damages have been slightly increased.
• USSR Yak-3 fighter's research price has been decreased by 25$.
• German Tiger tank's price has been decreased by 5$.
• French SAU-40 tank's speed has been slightly decreased.
• British Firefly tank destroyer's speed has been slightly decreased.
• British Firefly tank destroyer's turret rotation has been slightly decreased.
• All air recon's price have been increased by 5$.
• USSR IS-2 tank's price has been decreased by 5$.
• USSR ZSU-37 AA tank's research price has been decreased to 25$.
• US M40 armored artillery's price has been increased to 50$.
• US M40 armored artillery's armor has been decreased.
• Italian 20mm AA is now available without research.
• Italian 20mm AA gun's price has been increased by 5$.
• All advanced tank destroyers' maximum range has been decreased.
• All heavy/jumbo/super-heavy tanks' HE damages have been increased.
• Italian Semovente tank destroyer's research price has been decreased to 25$.
• Italian Semovente tank destroyer's production time has been decreased by 5s.
• German Siegfried field defence's price has been decreased by 5$.
• US Stuart tank's price has been increased by 5$.
• German SdKfz 222 now has a level one armor
• German SdKfz 222's speed has been slightly decreased.
• USSR BA-11 armored recon's speed has been increased.
• US Greyhnoud armoured recon's price has been decreased by 5$.
• Italian Autoblinda 40 armoured recon's speed has been increased.
• All 20mm AT guns (SdKfZ 222, M11 tanks, …)' AP damages have been decreased.
• US T95 super-heavy tank's price has been decreased by 5$.
• German Marder tank destroyer's damages have been increased.
• German Marder tank destroyer's price has been increased by 5$.
• British Archer tank destroyer's price has been decreased by 5$.
• German Ju-87 fighter-bomber's dive attack move has been adjusted.
• All fighters/fighter-bombers auto-engage range has been decreased.
• All planes' climbing/landing rate has been decreased.
• British Sexton armored artillery's price has been decreased by 5$.
• German Wirbelwind AA tank's research price has been decreased by 25$.
• German PaK 40 AT gun's price has been increased by 5$.
• German PaK 40 AT gun's research price has been decreased by 25$.
And the control scheme has apparently been improved as well:

Many of you reported that it was tricky to select and control units in the game. As a result, we tried to rethink the whole control scheme, and we indeed found many bugs and awkward behaviors. Let us explain what we've improved to bring you an unprecedented comfort in selection and units control.

The default RUSE select and order combo uses only the left click (left click to select a unit and left click to order the unit to move/attack/capture etc...). Alternatively you can choose another mode where the right click will allow you to issue orders. We believe the left click option is better because it better fits RUSE philosophy. It is all about analysis, decision and action vs. clikcing fast and micro-management. So let's see what we've improved with the left click option.

Previously when you selected a unit or a stack of units and were moving it around, the "ghosts" were stacking on other units, causing distubing visual feedback. Adding to this, when you wanted to issue an order to your selected unit(s), you could accidentaly left click and select another unit. We fixed that and it just feels much more natural, comfortable and powerful!

We have also improved the right click button mode behavior, so that there is now a general rule that selects with left click, and assigns an order or validates a construction with a right click. With this new setting, when you move a ghost unit to select a destination, you can easily choose between selecting another unit (left click) or stack them (right click).

Note that these improvements will also be helpful to anyone wanting to use the SHIFT combo.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-07-14 13:06:53)

War Man
Good, they decreased the range of tank destroyers, found it gay that my heavies were useless against TDs at long range. I like the price drops of vehicles too. Wait, they made SAU40 tanks slower , fuckers, those tanks are slow enough as is.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

Weekend NOT worth trying out. Get real...
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6659
I'm pretty sure moderators are supposed to make intelligible posts.

As far as I can remember you failed to understand the game at all, and then hated on it because of that.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276

War Man wrote:

Good, they decreased the range of tank destroyers, found it gay that my heavies were useless against TDs at long range. I like the price drops of vehicles too. Wait, they made SAU40 tanks slower , fuckers, those tanks are slow enough as is.
Your tanks are supposed to be vulnerable to tank destroyers. It's in the name. Tank destroyers can't shoot at infantry, AT guns or aircraft. If the enemy has tank destroyers then destroy them. I'd personally use infantry or aircraft.

I wish people that played this game didn't try and use just tanks, or just artillery and then complain that their tanks are dying to AT and their artillery isn't damaging tanks.

Every unit is supposed to be a piece of the puzzle, not a 'fight everything' unit.
War Man
Well, there were 2 kinds of tank destroyers, the basic ambush ones that had alot of armor and had no turret(gun was in the hull) and the fast ones ones which were soft skinned like a jeep but had a turreted gun. Tank destroyer tactics involved not going head to head with tanks, but ambushing or using speed to quickly get to the side or rear armor where the tanks had softer armor. Also tank destroyers in ww2 normally had the same gun as heavies or mediums and had the same fucking range.

Now I don't use just 1 unit, I balance it out with vehicles, aircraft, and infantry. But it was rediculous that people just fucking spammed tank destroyers with maybe a few regular tank, recon, or something to counter infantry.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6276
I always found tank destroyers to be a huge waste of time. The ones without turrets always just got destroyed because they never fired at the tanks, just drove towards them constantly trying to get in range and getting shot the whole time.

And thats before you meet infantry, a mounted gun, a building or pretty much anything. I'm surprised people build them at all.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard