+1,399|5265|foggy bottom
Im off to class, be back in 3 hours
Tu Stultus Es
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5243|Cleveland, Ohio

eleven bravo wrote:

burnzz wrote:

what's all this classroom work for? to go out into the world, and get a job.

stop bitching peoples, y'all don't know how nice you have it . . .
crazy, I know exactly how nice I have it.
you are in the minority on this matter and you know it.  shhhhhh.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

Bevo wrote:

right, i should continue to slave my life away to a stupid piece of paper that says "I'm qualified"
no, the piece of paper is like a key to open doors with.

the engineers in this company average twice what i make. and i'm paid pretty well for the area i'm in.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6527|Austin, Texas

burnzz wrote:

Bevo wrote:

right, i should continue to slave my life away to a stupid piece of paper that says "I'm qualified"
no, the piece of paper is like a key to open doors with.

the engineers in this company average twice what i make. and i'm paid pretty well for the area i'm in.
i was being serious, which is the sad part
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5243|Cleveland, Ohio

Bevo wrote:

i doubt you have it that bad.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6527|Austin, Texas

11 Bravo wrote:

Bevo wrote:

i doubt you have it that bad.
ok
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6651

burnzz wrote:

what's all this classroom work for? to go out into the world, and get a job.

stop bitching peoples, y'all don't know how nice you have it . . .
ahahaah no one hiring the economy is shit! lol or Downy offered me his old job I ought to move where he lives lol <3 dont mind schoolio though
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5987|Toronto
Exactly 12 hours a week (IB transfer credits got me out of eight)
Trinity College, University of Toronto
First-year general, applying to International Relations and Peace and Conflict Studies.
Canada.
I like pie.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

Bevo wrote:

burnzz wrote:

Bevo wrote:

i wouldnt call 60hours of work a week "nice"
true, i only work 40. but why do it? what's the light at the end of the tunnel?

you could quit class right now, and join Mitch mowing lawns. or, you do 60 hours, graduate, and hire Mitch to mow your lawn.
That's reality Bevo.  That paper gets you through the job interview automated filters.

Hey Burnzz, what are you complaining about?  We are both getting paid to surf bf2s.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

Ilocano wrote:

Hey Burnzz, what are you complaining about?  We are both getting paid to surf bf2s.
true - i just wish it was a pc from the dmz. stoopid firewall . . .
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

burnzz wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

true - i just wish it was a pc from the dmz. stoopid firewall . . .
No Verizon wi-fi or tethering options?
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6408|dm_maidenhead

eleven bravo wrote:

I still think most you guys are lying
I notice with all your posts in this thread you haven't actually said what course you do?

The amount of hours generally ties with the difficulty of the subject.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

Peter wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I notice with all your posts in this thread you haven't actually said what course you do?

I consider myself pretty smart in science (back in college days ), but at times, it took the whole night just to solve one homework problem.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6713|67.222.138.85
I'm in EE and I think most you guys are lying.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

I'm in EE and I know you are.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom

Peter wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

I suppose thats true but I still dont think any university would allow their students to spend 30+ in a classroom a week. 

Im a junior majoring in Political Science in the pre-law program at CSULA.  My quarters last 11 weeks.

also

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

I'm in EE and I think most you guys are lying.

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-03-02 13:52:22)

Tu Stultus Es
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6514
20-26 hours a week depending which labs i have on that given week
University of Victoria
Astronomy
Canada
Microwave
_
+515|6661|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK

henno13 wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

17 hours contact time, a few of them are a waste so I don't go.

0 hours self-study unless it's a week before the exam / coursework hand in date.

For example, had a deadline today at 4pm, was in the labs yesterday from 11am to 12:30am.

Computer Science
Loughborough Uni

UK
What's Computer Science like? I'm going into AS level next year, and that's the only degree I can see myself doing.
It's good, there is quite a lot of programmming but you don't need any prior experience to do well. I don't particularly enjoy programming but overall the course is still good.

I'd recommend it as it opens a lot of doors; all companies need IT and computers
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6673

james@alienware wrote:

henno13 wrote:

james@alienware wrote:

17 hours contact time, a few of them are a waste so I don't go.

0 hours self-study unless it's a week before the exam / coursework hand in date.

For example, had a deadline today at 4pm, was in the labs yesterday from 11am to 12:30am.

Computer Science
Loughborough Uni

UK
What's Computer Science like? I'm going into AS level next year, and that's the only degree I can see myself doing.
It's good, there is quite a lot of programmming but you don't need any prior experience to do well. I don't particularly enjoy programming but overall the course is still good.

I'd recommend it as it opens a lot of doors; all companies need IT and computers
I took Computer Science and Engineering.  Most fulfilling courses I took were Compilers and micro-codes.  I knew Assembly and C going in, so it was cakewalk.  Fun ones were computer graphics (finally practical use of Calculus and Physics), and creating software and burning it onto a chip to control a robotic arm.  This was about 20 years ago, so I'm sure there are far more advanced topics covered these days.  Software Engineering jobs.  My Special Projects course was making an online-enabled enhanced ascii game.

Last edited by Ilocano (2010-03-02 14:37:22)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom
Ioioiiioooio
Tu Stultus Es
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6453|Boulder, CO
9 hours of lectures a week, with 12 hours of lab time a week and about 23 hours of expected reading / note taking per week. The hell do I do that though.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard