blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 hasn't even hit retail shelves yet, but already there's been sparse talk of the inevitable release of Battlefield 3. In an interview with Fredrik Liliegren, the CEO of DICE from 1988 to 2000, and Studio Manager of DICE Canada from 2001 to 2006, Liliegren told GamingUnion.net what he could about Battlefield 3.

Gaming Union: How do you think the Battlefield series has developed since you left DICE?

Liliegren: Well I knew that they were going to the console route because the numbers on the PC where dwindling. I know what they were talking about on the PC side for [the next] Battlefield, and they haven't announced any of that yet, after three years, so I know what's coming, and I still can't talk about it because I'm still under NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

I mean Battlefield Heroes is something that we talked about back when even Jeff [Evans] was working at DICE, in regards of taking Battlefield into a micro-transaction type model. We actually worked on that initial prototype for that here in Canada, just to see how we would split it up from a design standpoint.

I think for the console side, the first outing on [Xbox] 360 and PS2 and Xbox was really weak because we didn't have a single player experience. I think that Bad Company 2 is going to be really good because I think these guys are really smart and they learned the lesson. What the PC version is going to be, Battlefield 3, I think it's going to absolutely blow everyone away, but I can't tell you what it is, but it will blow people away.

GU: Even after 3 years?

Liliegren: That's why it's going to blow people away, because it's not Modern Warfare 2 PC, it's not that experience.

Considering Liliegren no long works for DICE, his opinion of the game is likely a lot more honest than you'd hear from any current executive. DICE has themselves confirmed that they've been developing Battlefield 3 for some years.

After the purchase of DICE by Electronic Arts in 2006, EA closed the DICE Canada studio. Instead of moving back to Sweden to once again helm DICE, Liliegren formed a new studio, Antic Entertainment. Make sure to check out our interview with Liliegren and his team about their new studio.
source

ahhh hope it does blow everyone away!!! better be good hardcore players like our own ebug and others (including myself--even though I  havent played bf2 in some time) but yeah cant wait should be good or it better be good!!!
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

I am praying to Allah as we speak.

I want a new and improved BF2.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
I really really hope it does blow us away. I don't want to get let down after all this time.

Promising news anyway .
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6644

King_County_Downy wrote:

look towards the future!!! the future I tell'ya lol
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6410|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Excellent
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6590|Reisterstown, MD

King_County_Downy wrote:

From reading that quote, it doesn't appear BF3 will take after BF2.  I could be reading too much into it though.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

I'm just hoping that they take BF2 and make some major improvements while still keeping the origional feel and controls of BF2.

I'd like new vehicles, maps, etc. But I don't want it to be a completely new game that is nothing similar to BF2. Just fix the bugs and make new toys.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6520|Austin, Texas
and pretty graphics like bf:bc2 with awesome sound, please.

and no medics with AKs

Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6638|Montreal, Qc, Canada

King_County_Downy wrote:

I'm just hoping that they take BF2 and make some major improvements while still keeping the origional feel and controls of BF2.

I'd like new vehicles, maps, etc. But I don't want it to be a completely new game that is nothing similar to BF2. Just fix the bugs and make new toys.
QFT!
>rush.Durex
Banned
+38|5204

King_County_Downy wrote:

Update graphics
Update netcode
Add a few small features here and there (friends list etc...)
Exactly the same kinda gameplay as BF2, including jets, helis, armour, transport and infantry
DO NOT introduce infantry only

If they do that, it will be a great success.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
It's obviously going to have frostbite engine/destruction. Expect it to be more like BC2 than BF2. Except more like BF2 than BC2 was

wait

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
I would love for planes to stay in BF3. I know a lot of people don't like them but they are so much fun to fly around in and do tricks n shit A no planes option would be interesting...besides the fact that they could just do a better job of balancing the planes and AA....

One thing about the graphics though. If they are as good as BFBC2 then what would the system requirements go up to? I may have to move up plans of building a rig :s

Some of the rumor sites (lol rumors) talk about battalions as groups of squads, what do people think if that idea? Maybe it'd be a good idea with more players. Didn't MAG have something like this?

As long as mod tools are released I'm sure even if BF3 sucked for any reason modders would fix it.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Kez
+778|5702|London, UK
I'd like the gameplay to be more BF2 than BC

damn frostbite engine, i do not want on pc
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
Games without destruction suck after playing BC2 and shit. Everything is too static and camper friendly.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6626|Canada
Hopefully this will force me to dust off my gaming PC and uprgade it. Time will tell...
killer21

>rush.Durex wrote:

Why do people have such a problem with IO servers?  Simply don't play on them if it annoys you that much.   
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

>rush.Durex wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Update graphics
Update netcode
Exactly the same kinda gameplay as BF2, including jets, helis, armour, transport and infantry

Said much better than I did.

I agree completely.

Infantry only can suck it too. The combo of vehicles and ground n pound is what made BF2 unique and awesome. I don't want a FPS game. I want BF2 refined. That is all.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6626|Canada

King_County_Downy wrote:

>rush.Durex wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Update graphics
Update netcode

I agree completely.

Infantry only can suck it too. The combo of vehicles and ground n pound is what made BF2 unique and awesome. I don't want a FPS game. I want BF2 refined. That is all.
QFFT
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6155|Vancouver | Canada
As long as they don't cater it to brain-dead 14 year olds (MW2 crowd), I'll be happy.
killer21

King_County_Downy wrote:

I agree completely.

I respectfully disagree.

I enjoy raping people with a tank or heli.  That was a lot of fun with BF2.  However, when they introduced I/O to BF2 with the 1.3 or 1.4 patch (I forget), it brought a new way to play the game.  Spam nading aside, it was good times being able to see which people were actually able to shoot someone without using a vehicle.  Perhaps it is because of my BHD/DF2 background that I enjoyed I/O so much.  That being said, I would be disappointed if they did not include some sort of IO component in BF3.  It's not necessarily a deal breaker but I would definitely be disappointed. 
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6577|Columbus, OH
That's cool, I am starting to get back into the swing with BF2
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

killer21 wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

I agree completely.

I respectfully disagree.

I enjoy raping people with a tank or heli.  That was a lot of fun with BF2.  However, when they introduced I/O to BF2 with the 1.3 or 1.4 patch (I forget), it brought a new way to play the game.  Spam nading aside, it was good times being able to see which people were actually able to shoot someone without using a vehicle.  Perhaps it is because of my BHD/DF2 background that I enjoyed I/O so much.  That being said, I would be disappointed if they did not include some sort of IO component in BF3.  It's not necessarily a deal breaker but I would definitely be disappointed. 
That's ok to dissagree. But why BF2/BF3 for inf only though? Why not a FPS game? Is it just the stats tracking aspect of it that you like?
killer21

King_County_Downy wrote:

That's ok to dissagree. But why BF2/BF3 for inf only though? Why not a FPS game? Is it just the stats tracking aspect of it that you like?
No not necessarily just for the stats.  There have been plenty of times I played on IO servers that weren't being tracked for stat purposes.  I just like the fact that I can go and fly a heli for a while in one server then go to another server and get into some good 'ole fashion FPS action. 
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

killer21 wrote:

No not necessarily just for the stats.  There have been plenty of times I played on IO servers that weren't being tracked for stat purposes.  I just like the fact that I can go and fly a heli for a while in one server then go to another server and get into some good 'ole fashion FPS action. 
Fair enough. I guess I just like the full meal deal.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6680|Disaster Free Zone

killer21 wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

There's nothing stopping you playing infantry in a normal server.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard