_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD

coke wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I decided to add a gun rammer and it looks like that's all it took to make this tank usable, this is two rounds later:

Get some bloody vents on there as well!
Jeez you're such a skinflint with your credits, you should always have a rammer and vents at least! then just dismount them with 10 gold when you sell the tank and you can put them straight on the next one.

Oh btw I have my highest score with the Churchill I, 1930 xp.
I don't really have a fast way of making them without a premium tank so I really have to watch where I spend the credits.  I have the gold to remove and transfer them to the next tier when I need to, I just can't always get silver quick enough to spend it on something in the first place like a rammer or vents unless it's absolutely necessary or the shit is on sale.  My Tiger II only has a rammer and my Panther II only has a rammer and a vert-stab, those are my highest tier tanks.  I'd love to be able to fully equip all of my tanks but it just takes too long to grind any amount of credits over 200K, and it usually goes towards a tank of the next tier instead by the point it accumulates to 500K or so.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
All users in the U.S. and Canada:

Alienware is giving away 1,000 gold and some consumables for as long as they have keys so register an account there and get it quick

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/ … -giveaway/

Only works on the North American server and only for Canadian and American users.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke

_j5689_ wrote:

coke wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

I decided to add a gun rammer and it looks like that's all it took to make this tank usable, this is two rounds later:

Jeez you're such a skinflint with your credits, you should always have a rammer and vents at least! then just dismount them with 10 gold when you sell the tank and you can put them straight on the next one.

I don't really have a fast way of making them without a premium tank so I really have to watch where I spend the credits.  I have the gold to remove and transfer them to the next tier when I need to, I just can't always get silver quick enough to spend it on something in the first place like a rammer or vents unless it's absolutely necessary or the shit is on sale.  My Tiger II only has a rammer and my Panther II only has a rammer and a vert-stab, those are my highest tier tanks.  I'd love to be able to fully equip all of my tanks but it just takes too long to grind any amount of credits over 200K, and it usually goes towards a tank of the next tier instead by the point it accumulates to 500K or so.
What money maker tanks do you have? i.e. Tier 5's
My main credit grinders are my PzIV (derp) and the premium Sherman I got for beta testing, Cromwell makes reasonably good money as well.
I have:
Tetrarch
T1E6
Matilda
Alecto
M4A2E4
PZIV
Cromwell
Churchill GC
AT-8
Vk 3002 DB
Centurion Mk.1
T-54
E-75
Object 704
Conqueror

And the only the T1E6 has one free equipment slot. I've only bought 8 days of premium since I started playing (I only bought a week the other day, when it was on special offer) but I do have nearly 11,000 battles...
As I've said once you start getting above say tier 6 you will be at a big disadvantage unless you the equipment fitted, usually rammer, vents and then a stabiliser if it can fit it or whatever else will fit it's play style. Without them your tanks will get outdone just think your reload/aim time is going to be about 15/25% more.

You should really get your Tiger and Panther 2's fully kitted out.

Last edited by coke (2013-04-19 15:48:12)

Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6467|Foothills of S. Carolina

_j5689_ wrote:

All users in the U.S. and Canada:

Alienware is giving away 1,000 gold and some consumables for as long as they have keys so register an account there and get it quick

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/ … -giveaway/

Only works on the North American server and only for Canadian and American users.
Thanks for the heads up, I just snagged one.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD

coke wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

coke wrote:

What money maker tanks do you have? i.e. Tier 5's
My main credit grinders are my PzIV (derp) and the premium Sherman I got for beta testing, Cromwell makes reasonably good money as well.
I have:
Tetrarch
T1E6
Matilda
Alecto
M4A2E4
PZIV
Cromwell
Churchill GC
AT-8
Vk 3002 DB
Centurion Mk.1
T-54
E-75
Object 704
Conqueror

And the only the T1E6 has one free equipment slot. I've only bought 8 days of premium since I started playing (I only bought a week the other day, when it was on special offer) but I do have nearly 11,000 battles...
As I've said once you start getting above say tier 6 you will be at a big disadvantage unless you the equipment fitted, usually rammer, vents and then a stabiliser if it can fit it or whatever else will fit it's play style. Without them your tanks will get outdone just think your reload/aim time is going to be about 15/25% more.

You should really get your Tiger and Panther 2's fully kitted out.
I have the Panzer IV with derp but I get bored of it pretty easily.  I also got the Cromwell as you might or might not know which would be fine because I'm grinding to the Comet anyway.  Thinking about putting a rammer on it for the hell of it.  Also have the BDR which makes fairly good money but is a bit frustrating to play, that one has a rammer already.  And I have the T1E6, the T-127 and the Tetrarch for gift/promo tanks which are technically considered prems I guess but they still don't make much money.

Might have to buy the Stug again, that was one of my favorite money makers + I dominated in it more than any other tank to date.  I haven't tried it since they implemented the new physics and buffed the L70 either and I have a spare German TD crew from my Jagpanzer IV days trained somewhat far into camo that I might be able to use, I'll have to think about it.
Canin

I decided to play as American since thats how I started. Have not gotten too far yet though. I have a M2 light, should I go up to the M3 Stuart or the T57? or just stick with the M2 light for a bit?

Edit: Also, if I sell the other tanks I am not using, does it free up garage spaces? I know you dont get anything for them.

Thanks

Last edited by Canin (2013-04-19 19:39:40)

UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5028|Massachusetts, USA
American Arty is high damage, but its one of the most inaccurate lines in the game. Their tier 7 arty does 2k damage in its soft stats. American mediums are decent, i never really liked mine. Except the T20 and the E2. They were great tanks. The heavies are awesome and i went down the turreted TD line, and all the TDs in that line are fantastic tanks. Especially the M8A1, T49, Hellcat, T28Proto, and the T110E4. So pretty much the whole line, with the exception of the T25/2. It's an okay TD. Not the best, but not the worst.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
Yep looks like another Friday in World of Tanks with three 12 year old team members deciding to sit in a ditch with the Tog purposely wanting to lose the game for everybody:

https://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/884105815385156528/305168CCFDB4270443349390A02DF5B01BDF867A/
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke
Yeah jnumbers Stug is a good money maker so I would get that again if you liked playing it, and then just play it alternately with tanks you are grinding.
Like I've said it's much easier, effective and in the long term economic to buy the equipment especially on the tanks you are grinding and then just use gold to demount them. For example get vents, EGLD and rammer on the Cromwell, then when you get the Comet you can stick the rammer and the vents straight onto it, then I'd probably get a vert stab instead of the EGLD but you can fit that onto something else anyway.
Basically once you get a decent set of equipment you can just keep reusing them as you grind up. Think about any equipment you might need and stock up when they on offer.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke

Canin wrote:

I decided to play as American since thats how I started. Have not gotten too far yet though. I have a M2 light, should I go up to the M3 Stuart or the T57? or just stick with the M2 light for a bit?

Edit: Also, if I sell the other tanks I am not using, does it free up garage spaces? I know you dont get anything for them.

Thanks
As you grind up it's best to sell most of your old tanks (yes it does free up the garage slot, you sell some of the tier 1's you don't want to get the slots, you can always get them back later if you want to research a new tree) and retrain the crews for the new one (imo it's always worth paying the 20,000 credits for the 75% retrain). But try to keep the crews on same style tanks i.e you don't want to training a medium tank crew to use a tank destroyer because they will lose a lot of their skill in retrain (you may have to do it where you retrain a light crew to a medium but that's 'cus of how the research tree is structured).
Although it probably won't be while till you get there once you start reaching tier 6 and beyond you will need lower tier tanks to make you credits reliably, so remember to keep one or two tier 5 tanks that you like playing.

Last edited by coke (2013-04-20 01:25:01)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
20K a crew member is going to be really hard to come by for a newb in the first few tiers I'd imagine.  Then again they did buff the profits on low tier tanks since I played them at first.
Canin

Yeah, I dunno if I am going to be able to handle that right now. Should I get a new crew with a new tank all the time, or only when its a new style?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke

Canin wrote:

Yeah, I dunno if I am going to be able to handle that right now. Should I get a new crew with a new tank all the time, or only when its a new style?
Yeah I should have explained more you don't need to retrain really for the first 4 tiers as most of the time you''ll have researched/be ready to buy the next tank before they advance too much anyway. I would say though pay for the extra training when you hit tier 5 and above as the grinds are longer and the more you can build their skill level the less you'll lose when you retrain them. If you retrain a crew that has reached 100% they will go down to about 80% whereas if you recruit a new crew and pay for the training they will only be 75%. As you get skills on them there effective training goes higher than 100% so they will drop into the 90's, then once it 100 again the xp goes into their skills again.
As for getting new crews only really get them if you are going to keep the old tank and keep its original crew with it, really if you are grinding up the tree you want to keep one crew as you progress through as then you can start to build the crews skills/perks so they have them when you hit the higher tier tanks.
As I said before if the crew is retraining from one "style" of tank to another i.e from a medium to light or medium to a heavy when you retrain them they will lose more.

Best thing to do is look at the wiki, it explains it all much better on there.
Canin

Playing a T18, having fun with it. Maxed out the crew on it. Only thing I hate is how much it costs to repair.

Killed 7 tanks, and my team still lost...FWP
https://i.imgur.com/mrSN3lF.jpg
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5028|Massachusetts, USA
That's a great line to go up. I enjoyed playing that line a lot.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
Yeah, I have a lot of games like that where I'm pulling the entire team but there's just not enough hustle or skill from anybody else to win, then it all goes to waste and you get peanuts for XP and credits unless you have premium.

Btw, when training secondary skills as I've noticed you started on with that crew, it's smart to choose the same skill for all of them if you're going with one of the four skills that is trainable on all crew members, such as: camouflage, repair, firefighting(don't bother, just get extinguisher consumables), or brothers in arms.  Those skills are averaged against the skill of the other crew members.  So for instance if your camo skill was trained to 100% on just that one crew member you currently have training it, it would in effect only really be a 25% improvement in camo rating for that tank because none of the other crew members have any training in that skill yet.  However, if you had two of your four members trained to 100% in it, there would then be a 50% bonus, 3/4 of them trained in it would be 75%, and all 4 would be the full 100% bonus.  There is still an improvement as you have it now, but it is much more dramatic and useful of an improvement when everybody is trained on the same skill at the same time.

Personally I go for all the general secondary skills that I'll use first, like camo for lower tier tank destroyers that can make use of it(and skip to repair first on everything else), then repair, then brothers in arms, then I'll start on the skills that are specific to the type of crew member.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke
Yeah have a look at the wiki again about the perks/skills, it's important you understand how they work and which ones to use on what tanks and when.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke
Big special coming up this weekend.
Might finally get round to spending some gold on camo's for my keeper tanks I think.
And I need to stock up on consumables.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke
So guys for those of who, who might not know the next patch is bringing a lot of changes particualarly in nerfing the shit out of arty
But also loads of other stuff mainly nerfs in pentration and increase of cost for lots of gold ammo, remodels and modules/tanks changing prices:
http://ftr-wot.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/f … anges.html

Last edited by coke (2013-05-16 04:04:18)

Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4187|Oklahoma

coke wrote:

So guys for those of who, who might not know the next patch is bringing a lot of changes particualarly in nerfing the shit out of arty
But also loads of other stuff mainly nerfs in pentration and increase of cost for lots of gold ammo, remodels and modules/tanks changing prices:
http://ftr-wot.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/f … anges.html
About fucking time they nerfed arty.  I've completely stopped playing due to being sick of that shit. 

Game has the potential to be one of the best shooters of all time but is constantly and consistently held back by hard=headed, stubborn and out of touch developers.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6705|Purplicious Wisconsin
I quit the game a long time ago because of said bullshit. I still don't see a reason to return, even with arty nerf.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke
See a lot less arty since the patch, and whilst there accuracy hasn't really been nerfed a great deal the slight nerf of it, combined with the much longer reload and aim times means it's very rare to nuked by arty unless you just sit in a stupid position.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6705|Purplicious Wisconsin

coke wrote:

See a lot less arty since the patch, and whilst there accuracy hasn't really been nerfed a great deal the slight nerf of it, combined with the much longer reload and aim times means it's very rare to nuked by arty unless you just sit in a stupid position.
Which makes it all the easier to get owned. How's the french arty holding up? Particularly the turreted one.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Extra Medium
THE UZI SLAYER
+79|4187|Oklahoma
https://i.imgur.com/MkDISVK.jpg

I'll just leave this here.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6701|England. Stoke
Took me a while to get the Mastery on this one but check out the dmg lol
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/8652/shot_005.jpg

@ Warman thing the French arties are ok still I think as their aim time particularly the turreted one are still ok. But most tanks can fire about 2 or 3 rounds a minute now and with aim times of over 5 seconds so it's hard for arty to hit now.
Honestly if arty was your major bugbear before, you should give it another go most games you'll see either no or one arty per side. Also they reduced the RNG on shot dispersion so your shots hit where you're aiming far more often. High pen premium particularly the HEAT rounds have been nerfed as normalisation altered so that now armour is a lot more effective.

Last edited by coke (2013-06-26 03:49:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard