Brasso
+1,549|6601

so yeah, i clipped a deer, no damage done to the car, can't say that much about the deer.  but now when i put on the signal to turn right, both lights (front right, back right) blink very fast.  i know that this usually means that one of the bulbs or both of the bulbs are dead, but both are in perfect working condition.  all signal lights work at a normal rate when i press the "emergency/hazard" button.

what's wrong?

edit: on a 2003 Subaru Outback

Last edited by haffeysucks (2010-01-30 16:55:55)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
deer ghost
Tu Stultus Es
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
I think the ghost of the deer is inside the light housing, running mad circles like a hamster on a exercise wheel.
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6160|Canada

Blinks fast to tell you one of the blinkers is blown. Change it, probably the front one where you hit.

Edit: change the bulb in the blinker.

Edit 2: Note to self: Learn to read more than just the thread title

Last edited by Phatmatt (2010-01-30 16:59:10)

Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6678|67.222.138.85
ahahaha GS and ATG hate each other but they have the mind of one
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6336|California
I don't think anyone has told you yet, but I think the ghost of the deer is haunting your lights!
Brasso
+1,549|6601

i actually want to fix the car, so...
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command

=NHB=Shadow wrote:

I don't think anyone has told you yet, but I think the ghost of the deer is haunting your lights!
gtfo
https://i26.tinypic.com/2191f6v.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6124|what

haffeysucks wrote:

i actually want to fix the car, so...
I'll replace the headlights...?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6160|Canada

I read it again, and googled a bit and I would say just to take out the blinker bulb and look at it. It's still working but it might be on it's way out after the hit. Worth checking. If you have a spare bulb try it, like take one from the other side and try it and see if it still blinks fast.

Edit: and a deer is 1000 points iirc

Last edited by Phatmatt (2010-01-30 17:04:42)

Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6163|14072
Replace the bulb for the blinker, its broken.

or its a deer ghost.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

Phatmatt wrote:

I read it again, and googled a bit and I would say just to take out the blinker bulb and look at it. It's still working but it might be on it's way out after the hit. Worth checking. If you have a spare bulb try it, like take one from the other side and try it and see if it still blinks fast.
okay, i'll try that. thanks
NateW
my sigs worse than yours
+191|6103
get a witch doctor to replace the bulb
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Phatmatt wrote:

This. The hit may have knocked the filament inside around a bit. I don't believe a slight hit could give you a wiring problem.
Commie Killer
+192|6358
Possibly a fuse or breaker switch, though I'm not sure how the lights would still be on if that was the problem, unless they some how managed to use two of them on the same circuit(maybe one as a backup?)
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
the scene where will smith almost hit a deer in his car in the begining of I am legend just popped up
Tu Stultus Es
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6417|Chicago, IL

NateWiese wrote:

get a witch doctor to replace the bulb
i believe this is your best course of action.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6229|B.C. Canada
Usually it means a light is burnt out. My rear right light was burnt out and when i would use the right turn signal it would blink really fast.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

eleven bravo wrote:

the scene where will smith almost hit a deer in his car in the begining of I am legend just popped up
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/28748/GODDOMOTFRONK.jpg
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida
Take out the front bulb, put the front bulb back in.

or reset the fuse
15 more years! 15 more years!
Brasso
+1,549|6601

fuse was fine, bulb is just fucked i guess. took a look at it, the filament is fine, but when it's in the socket and it gets jarred, it just shuts off.  hit it again and it turns on.  hit it again and it turns off.  just gonna order a new bulb.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida

haffeysucks wrote:

fuse was fine, bulb is just fucked i guess. took a look at it, the filament is fine, but when it's in the socket and it gets jarred, it just shuts off.  hit it again and it turns on.  hit it again and it turns off.  just gonna order a new bulb.
good idea there like a dollar and who knows what tiny little wire inside that bulb is telling your car its broken
15 more years! 15 more years!
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6409|King Of The Islands

haffeysucks wrote:

just gonna order a new bulb.
Just because it's Japanese doesn't mean you need to import a lightbulb.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

https://i49.tinypic.com/30adkya.jpg
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669

haffeysucks wrote:

Autozone has them for like $10.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard