ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command

AussieReaper wrote:

This is coming from the same group of mods who create alternative accounts to troll it's own members, yeah?

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3024/sarcasm.gif
That was me, genius.
You can take the mod out of the troll but you can't take the troll out of the mod.

And this small community with it's large number of serial harassers.

I noticed it a lot when I had a view behind the curtain. The way you would all pick people to pile on and drive away. The quiet vendettas on people with grudges, like fm says,  " That means spamming pictures of people, harassing them for reasons completely unrelated to the thread, and the general circle jerk of bullying a few members for kicks. "

I've seen Lowing subject to this, that one guy who burned his face, the patterns of the same few people reporting the same few people.

It is the number one reason why I have largely lost interest in this site and have stepped back and away.

13/f/taiwan wrote:

You actually wrote all that?

I only read like the first two words btw.
See?
Douchebaggery for its own sake.

Hakei wrote:

Soviet Bf & 2s
This from one of the biggest whiners on the site.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6152|what

ATG wrote:

I noticed it a lot when I had a view behind the curtain. The way you would all pick people to pile on and drive away. The quiet vendettas on people with grudges, like fm says,  " That means spamming pictures of people, harassing them for reasons completely unrelated to the thread, and the general circle jerk of bullying a few members for kicks. "
So you went out of your way to troll us, got trolled back and then didn't like what you saw?

\_/
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5697
Come on guys, lets make this site a happy and safe environment for everyone like we did with Trackr. Then this site will be successful like Trackr.
-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5633|Southern California

burnzz wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

Although sometimes I think shifty is an epic troll of genius proportions.
i beg to differ Mek - shitfy is not trolling. imo he is socially deficient and trying to hard to be accepted. the 'trying to hard' part is what rails everyone.
Holy shit it's like you're reading my mind.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6672|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Tidy thread.

I come here for a laugh and escape the real world where I have shit going on (dont we all).  The last thing I want to see is my mates tearing strips out of each other.

By all means have ya barmies n ya arguments but take it to ya inbox
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Come on guys, lets make this site a happy and safe environment for everyone like we did with Trackr. Then this site will be successful like Trackr.
I lol'd.

I regular another forum where everyone is nice to another, it's a tech forum so that works out fine, the forum is fine for discussing tech but it has NO PERSONALITY.

Making everyone friends and everything rainbow coloured here would kill the personality and make BF2s boring.

Besides, when you break someone down it builds up his character (unless he cracks, then goes to shoot up his school).

Last edited by Sydney (2010-01-18 02:19:23)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6672|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Sydney wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

I lol'd.

I regular another forum where everyone is nice to another, it's a tech forum so that works out fine, the forum is fine for discussing tech but it has NO PERSONALITY.

Making everyone friends and everything rainbow coloured here would kill the personality and make BF2s boring.

Besides, when you break someone down it builds up his character (unless he cracks, then goes to shoot up his school).
But some 'couples' just hijack every thread with their personal rantings and insults at each other.  When its done with humour and you know they just joking with each other its not a problem.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5994

ATG wrote:

Words
You gave me 5 AWMs in the space of two weeks, I hardly think you're one to talk against harassment.

You're pathetic ATG, you're an old man with nothing better to do than sit behind his computer and control a forum. Shut the fuck up and get the fuck back to your anti America D&ST threads, cunt.

User was banned for this post.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6742|Reality
well the warning of this thread seems to be well heeded.
don't know how many have received vacations but there are several just in this thread that fit the criteria. Long live the teenage mindset.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
I agree with the general idea of the thread, I just find it ironic you are the one who decided to make it after calling me a "Prick" the day before the date it was written.

Edit: Maybe if you led by example and said you were just as to blame people might follow suit and we could all move on for 3 weeks or however long the new found harmony would last.

Last edited by jord (2010-01-18 07:38:06)

Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

Hakei wrote:

ATG wrote:

Words
You gave me 5 AWMs in the space of two weeks, I hardly think you're one to talk against harassment.

You're pathetic ATG, you're an old man with nothing better to do than sit behind his computer and control a forum. Shut the fuck up and get the fuck back to your anti America D&ST threads, cunt.
For the sake of the argument I'll let this roll as a perfect example of the very behaviour described in the OP ...

These kind of posts are the root of the evil we are trying to adress, excessive douchebaggery ... if you have no clue what I'm talking about I suggest you take a good look at rule #1 one more time ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

Hakei wrote:

ATG wrote:

Words

Banned for being a dick. See, it's easy. We'll just have to weed out the jerks one by one.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
baggs
+732|6203
I've considered this thread for a few hours now and all i put this down to is mod boredom, i guess there isn't much else to do anymore now the community reduced in severe numbers quite some time ago, all thats left to do now is sanitise the remaining few and propose totalitarian rules and wrap these apparently 'helpless' members in cotton wool.

I don't see why you can't leave things well alone and just deal with the actual problems on an individual basis, instead of giving everyone a verbal warning and just to remind us who is boss. But anyway, you'll continue to AWM and ban until no one exists to post... And then what shall you do?
jord
Just throwing this out there but are we allowed to actually discuss this without fear of an insult-ban for having an opinion?
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6809|Nårvei

jord wrote:

Just throwing this out there but are we allowed to actually discuss this without fear of an insult-ban for having an opinion?
You may very well have an opinion, just leave out calling people cunts, retards etc etc and you'll be okay
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
jord

Varegg wrote:

jord wrote:

You may very well have an opinion, just leave out calling people cunts, retards etc etc and you'll be okay
I know I will be okay with you egg, but unfortunately mods are human and open to mistakes, bad moods, etc. Some more than others I guess.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Donnie isn't human either, he's Finnish.
baggs
+732|6203

jord wrote:

Varegg wrote:

jord wrote:

I know I will be okay with you egg, but unfortunately mods are human and open to mistakes, bad moods, etc. Some more than others I guess.
can't think who you're talking about Jord...
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6596|Seattle

1927 wrote:

Tidy thread.

I come here for a laugh and escape the real world where I have shit going on (dont we all).  The last thing I want to see is my mates tearing strips out of each other.

By all means have ya barmies n ya arguments but take it to ya inbox
This.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6731|St. Andrews / Oslo

jord wrote:

I agree with the general idea of the thread, I just find it ironic you are the one who decided to make it after calling me a "Prick" the day before the date it was written.
I think you're missing the point, if I'm honest.

I mean, casually calling each other "pricks" "cunts" "ass" doesn't seem to be the problem. I know FM doesn't want to use an example in his OP, but the amount of shit sh1fty gets without even saying a word is simply amazing. Like yesterday, when people just spammed pics of him in EE Chats. And when Cam's condom pics were posted after every post of his when it was completely irrelevant.

Quite frankly, it's annoying, old and boring.

I'm all for calling people out when they make retarded posts, and let's face it, shifty makes quite a few. Flame his posts, I don't care - hell I'll probably join in. But spamming pictures of him in threads that are completely irrelevant is, quite frankly, low and pathetic.

I might be misunderstanding here, but I believe this is the background/idea behind the thread.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
jord

Jenspm wrote:

jord wrote:

I think you're missing the point, if I'm honest.

I mean, casually calling each other "pricks" "cunts" "ass" doesn't seem to be the problem. I know FM doesn't want to use an example in his OP, but the amount of shit sh1fty gets without even saying a word is simply amazing. Like yesterday, when people just spammed pics of him in EE Chats. And when Cam's condom pics were posted after every post of his when it was completely irrelevant.

Quite frankly, it's annoying, old and boring.

I'm all for calling people out when they make retarded posts, and let's face it, shifty makes quite a few. Flame his posts, I don't care - hell I'll probably join in. But spamming pictures of him in threads that are completely irrelevant is, quite frankly, low and pathetic.

I might be misunderstanding here, but I believe this is the background/idea behind the thread.
Well maybe it's both yours and my examples, I don't think Prick is a casual insult though, but anyway.

I wasn't here for what you're talking about so maybe that is what sparked it. I agree sh1fty should only be flamed when he says something, well... sh1fty-like.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
When someone gets banned/warned just for calling someone a prick, then you have a case jord.

lol you got called a cunt by the first two people to post on your thread too.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6691

burnzz wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

For the sake of maintaining the now much dwindled community I will try to keep to my cussing to a minimum.
fuck that. i feel we will always have censorship, but one should be able to express one's self.
I actually don't like swearing. I've found the only times I do it is when I have nothing else to say and I'm in an EE thread. Believe you me, I shall curse to high heaven when appropriate.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
I thought Rule #1 was don't ask questions.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

A mod called me stupid in DST, I called him a dick in response and end up getting banned for 3 weeks. That was pretty abusive IMO.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard