Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5708|College Park, MD

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

my resolution is to improve my GPA, smoke the LSAT and save enough money so i wont have to use the rest of my GI Bill at the school Im in now.
shit man you wanna be a lawyer? JAG?

Goal: lose 40 pounds either by the end of the year or the middle of the year, I don't know what's a healthy weight loss rate. Get a job or do something with my life because college isn't that awesome.
1 lb a week is healthy and sustainable.
sheeeit it'll practically be Christmas again by the time I drop 40. Is two pounds too much?

edit: @john and GS, isn't the Army supposed to pay all your tuition?

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-12-25 09:45:03)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

my resolution is to improve my GPA, smoke the LSAT and save enough money so i wont have to use the rest of my GI Bill at the school Im in now.
Im am sooooooo done with the Army.  I wanna be a fed.  If, I go crazy and decide to join again, it will be as commissioned and I will do my hardest to stay infantry or go 18
Tu Stultus Es
Phatmatt
Vroom Vroom
+298|6195|Canada

Slim down a bit, I'm not that big but it wouldn't be bad to lose some unwanted fat.  My goal is 20 pounds form 180 --> 160 (5'9"). Then I'll be a happy mofo.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

no

unless its in contract.

the new gi bill does but i used 2 years out of the 3 you have under the old chapter 30

Last edited by eleven bravo (2009-12-25 09:46:58)

Tu Stultus Es
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
1600x900
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Goal: lose 40 pounds either by the end of the year or the middle of the year, I don't know what's a healthy weight loss rate. Get a job or do something with my life because college isn't that awesome.
1 lb a week is healthy and sustainable.
sheeeit it'll practically be Christmas again by the time I drop 40. Is two pounds too much?

It does now. The way the old GI Bill worked (pre-August), you got cut a monthly check while attending school. You had to fork over the money up front to the school and then you got paid back with a monthly check. I was receiving $1900 a month with the old gi bill.

With the new one, it pays tuition up to the cost of the most expensive state school in your state up front, gives you $1000 for books and then pays you BAH rates for your zip code. BAH takes into account cost of living so for someone like me or 11B, we make more money than we used to. I went from having to pay tuition and receiving $1900 a month to having tuition paid and receiving $2477 a month. Much better this way

And 2 lbs a week isn't sustainable. You'll just quit and rebound back to your current weight.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2009-12-25 09:50:06)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

eleven bravo wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

no

unless its in contract.

the new gi bill does but i used 2 years out of the 3 you have under the old chapter 30
what fags

I need a way to become a citizen ASAP so maybe I can get an AFROTC scholarship. Sadly I'd probably have to join the USAF Reserve to do that. balls

edit: THat's very nice john

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-12-25 09:49:14)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom
much much better this way.  I didnt have the kicker so my last chapter 30 benefit was 1372.00 a month.  I was going to junior college though.  Now Im at a university and that old check wouldnt have even covered the god damn tuition.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

much much better this way.  I didnt have the kicker so my last chapter 30 benefit was 1372.00 a month.  I was going to junior college though.  Now Im at a university and that old check wouldnt have even covered the god damn tuition.
I should've done the kicker. I got $50k in my contract when I signed up and the old gi bill kept going up while I was in. By the time I hit school I had like $72k in benefits waiting for me. Now that contract is basically null and void with the new gi bill but I'm not complaining. It is kind of bs that my ACF was wasted though.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
GS what university if I might ask?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5770|Belgium
I have yet to think of a goal.

Suggestions?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6677|UK
why dont you just marry a us chick and get it over with.  You're american in all but name (you're even fat!).
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

m3thod wrote:

why dont you just marry a us chick and get it over with.  You're american in all but name (you're even fat!).
and I looooove guns

Well thing is I can't marry my girlfriend (partly cos I think the age is 18 in Maryland, partly cos her parents wouldn't support it, partly cos it'd be weird, partly cos neither of us is ready for that lol) and I don't think she'd be down with me marrying another woman just for citizenship. And even if I did I still need to wait about another year and a half before applying.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom
I enlisted in 2000.  That ACF sounded royal back then.  I was 17 and with a GED when i enlisted so they had to sign two waivers for me to join.  That meant the only choice I had was MOS, couldnt get duty station or airborne or the ACF.  I wasnt even thinking about school when i joined.  All I saw was the $100 a month they took from my already meager pay check.
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

GS what university if I might ask?
Cal State LA.  I wanted to goto UCLA but I didnt have the language requirement for UC schools and I didnt wanna wait another year at my JC.  Im shooting for UCLA Law.
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Christ, you're bilingual I don't get why they wouldn't let it slide. Ah well, CSU LA is cool. Good luck with law school man.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

I enlisted in 2000.  That ACF sounded royal back then.  I was 17 and with a GED when i enlisted so they had to sign two waivers for me to join.  That meant the only choice I had was MOS, couldnt get duty station or airborne or the ACF.  I wasnt even thinking about school when i joined.  All I saw was the $100 a month they took from my already meager pay check.
Ahh. I had 3/4 of a year in college before I decided I was bored and wanted to enlist (also in 2000). I got a 94 on the ASVAB and a 126 GT score so they offered me everything under the sun when I went to MEPS. I originally just wanted to do two years as infantry but I let the MEPS guy talk me out of it. He told me I was too smart for the infantry I walked out with $50k ACF, a $6k bonus and jump school.
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom
Ive still a year left till I start sending applications.  Im bilingual, Ive also had a year of french in high school and a year of arabic in JC but I dont have high school transcripts and arabic is fucking hard.
Tu Stultus Es
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
Ah. Would they let it pass if you did well on the SAT2 or the AP or something?
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5984|Blue Mountain State

eleven bravo wrote:

my recruiter told me it would be easy to volunteer for airborne once i got to benning.  All volunteering did was get a laugh out of a couple of drill sgts.  my unit sent a handful of people to airborne once I was permanent party, but only after a reenlistment.   By the time I got to hood, my hooah juice was empty.
i guess i got fucked then.

i get a $3000 bonus for doing that high school rotc shit though.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Ahh. I had 3/4 of a year in college before I decided I was bored and wanted to enlist (also in 2000). I got a 94 on the ASVAB and a 126 GT score so they offered me everything under the sun when I went to MEPS. I originally just wanted to do two years as infantry but I let the MEPS guy talk me out of it. He told me I was too smart for the infantry I walked out with $50k ACF, a $6k bonus and jump school.
Brains McBrainison? 

I scored a 73.  Got a 114 GT so you know, anything over 110...

I was originally gonna do 3 years, then the last second I said 4 and ended up doing 5 cus of that 1st cav stop loss for Iraq. Got out in 05 and started going to JC when I dumbed down again and joined the Reserve and reclassed as psyop thinking it will help my resume.  Turns out psyop isnt all its cracked up to be.  Some cool shit, but I still missed the infantry and I wasnt going to join the NG or active duty so i let my time run out last year and Ive been catching up with school since.
Tu Stultus Es
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

eleven bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

Brains McBrainison? 

I scored a 73.  Got a 114 GT so you know, anything over 110...

I was originally gonna do 3 years, then the last second I said 4 and ended up doing 5 cus of that 1st cav stop loss for Iraq. Got out in 05 and started going to JC when I dumbed down again and joined the Reserve and reclassed as psyop thinking it will help my resume.  Turns out psyop isnt all its cracked up to be.  Some cool shit, but I still missed the infantry and I wasnt going to join the NG or active duty so i let my time run out last year and Ive been catching up with school since.
That's cool man. I got hit with the same stop-loss you did. I was supposed to get out in Sep '04 and ETS'd in Apr '05. I was pissed too because half my unit was sitting around with their thumb up their ass in Iraq but they wouldn't send anyone home. I missed a year of school because of my dumbfuck colonel.

Btw, go here: https://www.stoplosspay.army.mil/Default.aspx You'll get a check for $500 for every month you were stoplossed.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2009-12-25 10:12:53)

-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5265|foggy bottom

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

youre gonna be hearing a lot of stories about that. 

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Ah. Would they let it pass if you did well on the SAT2 or the AP or something?
UC system requires 2 years of foreign language.  CSU doesnt.  I figure it doesnt really matter where Im at as an undergrad.
Tu Stultus Es
Guardian_Ekim
I'm a god damn American Jedi
+51|6555|775

- Lose weight (currently 208 lbs.)
- Rehabilitate my knee (currently injured)
- Save up enough money by May for entry to a side event to the 2010 World Series of Poker
- Go back to school and stay in school
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

my recruiter told me it would be easy to volunteer for airborne once i got to benning.  All volunteering did was get a laugh out of a couple of drill sgts.  my unit sent a handful of people to airborne once I was permanent party, but only after a reenlistment.   By the time I got to hood, my hooah juice was empty.

i get a $3000 bonus for doing that high school rotc shit though.
Unless you've already shipped out to Benning for BCT (which you haven't I assume) you can walk out on your contract or renegotiate it. It's not until you swear in the second time on the day you ship out that you are legally bound to your contract. Talk to the people at MEPS ASAP if you really want airborne. Now is the only time that you will have any leverage when dealing with the military. You have the power to walk away and they know it.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard