donttouchmyshizt
+0|6679
Ever notice when you gain a rank, go back down and then gain it agan, it gives you two, and you can keep doing this...
Just saying
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6860|-
Wtf are you talking about?
donttouchmyshizt
+0|6679
oh sorry, for unlocks
Crusty
+11|6790
sounds like a really easy way to get your account banned (at the worst) probably just stats reset. It would be obvious if a LC had all the unlocks.
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6860|-
I still have no idea wtf you're talking about.
Ettercrab
+11|6664|Finland

donttouchmyshizt wrote:

Ever notice when you gain a rank, go back down and then gain it agan, it gives you two, and you can keep doing this...
Just saying
you cant, just because you cant get demoted...
even if you TK 10k times, you dont get negative round score
So once you got promoted, you cant get that rank again.

If your stats havent updated you can get "you have been promoted" message multiple times, but still when they do update you gain only one rank and 1 unlock (or 2 if SF).
donttouchmyshizt
+0|6679
I have, lol, just happened, you do get points taken away from teamkilling, dude how can you tell me if it's possible or not, it has happened to me before, and no I don't do it on purpose...
Tearsofromance
+0|6699|Canada
I know what you mean, but when i did it i just got the unlocks but no rank up. Then when i would get 1 more point, it would say i ranked up and wouldnt gimme unloakc.s I think i know what you mean.
wrath2210
Web/h0mE
+0|6683
that doesnt work ur an idiot for even think of this...............................................................
|||||||
donttouchmyshizt
+0|6679
Your an idiot since I acually did it ass...
Apk
Beef Master
+0|6683|LAV
I've never heard of demotions, but there is a demotion sound effect in the bf2 folder
Ryan
+1,230|6855|Alberta, Canada

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I still have no idea wtf you're talking about.
i second that.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6841|Grapevine, TX
Trigg3r,

Can we open up a new category? All "new members must post here", something to that effect?

Hey newBF2s member, this isn't the real military, there are no court-martials, office hours, or restrictions, i.e. No Demotions. (Unless you get your stats reset by EA-that's another story for another time)

If you get promoted and receive new unlocks, then get promoted again with the same results, its just the time-delay before EA and BFHQ are on the same page. Does that make sense to you? You don't actually "lose" points for TKs or team vehicle damage.
Hope that helps.
BeefnCheez
+0|6758
everyone recently got 2 free unlocks if that is what u are talking about.. which probably is what happened
khmer
+86|6690|Central California

Apk wrote:

I've never heard of demotions, but there is a demotion sound effect in the bf2 folder
Hey how does the demotion sound effect sound? Is it posted anywhere on the internet?
jeremysa1
+0|6750
I think his rambling is that you can go up a rank, gain an unlock, then start a new round and get a negative score (tking and so on), lose a rank, then start yet another round and get a positive score and get another unlock!  Haven't tried it.  Might mess around with a new character just to try all the weapons.
donttouchmyshizt
+0|6679

jeremysa1 wrote:

I think his rambling is that you can go up a rank, gain an unlock, then start a new round and get a negative score (tking and so on), lose a rank, then start yet another round and get a positive score and get another unlock!  Haven't tried it.  Might mess around with a new character just to try all the weapons.
GIVE THE MAN A CIGAR!
Ettercrab
+11|6664|Finland
You CANT get negative round score, for example you kill 2 guys in round, you gain 4 points, then you TK 2 guys and you gain -8 points, so logically this means -4 round score, WRONG... your score stands in 0 no matter how many - points you gain...

And like someone mentioned, your propably just confused by 2 new unlocks that everyone gained (SF unlocks for LC and corporal ranks i think)

edit: BTW... just checked your account (donttouchmyshizt right?) and you are, in my calculations, having just right amount of unlocks, propably having 1 unlock still free. So I dont really understand how you have came to conclusion that you had some unlocks by demoting/repromoting.

donttouchmyshizt wrote:

dude how can you tell me if it's possible or not
I did some experiments, logged to server, got negative score (suicided twice, -4 points total), waited my stats to update... and what hapened? Global score still same as it was before that round, and i had those +2 suicides listed

MAYBE if venus and mars would be perfectly lined, there might be some chance to get that promotion/demotion/repromotion method working, i might still be wrong, please dont eat my carrots...

Last edited by Ettercrab (2006-02-10 03:58:29)

VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6718|Antarctica
I thought of doing this, but I can't be botherd to see if it works or not.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6701|Computer Chair
If its works why does he have even less unlocks then his rank should give him.
AdamEcks
+1|6715|Canada, Eh.

Angel.C-sq wrote:

He is obviously just an idiot. Got the 2 free unlocks around the same time he got promoted and thought he stumbled upon some giant undiscovered secret of BF2. He's a pioneer really...
Angel.C-sq
+24|6701|Computer Chair

AdamEcks wrote:

Angel.C-sq wrote:

He is obviously just an idiot. Got the 2 free unlocks around the same time he got promoted and thought he stumbled upon some giant undiscovered secret of BF2. He's a pioneer really...
I know that, just posted that so he would realize too.
Leonnoe1
+2|6737
You know, an easy way to tell would be to look at his profile. If he has more weapons than he should have, easy it happened. If not, hes a stupid idiot.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6787|Noizyland

What the pixelante said.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
dwerg85
+0|6660
saying he's confused is kinda farfetched. you can get "demoted" it simply goes like this.

donttouchmyshizt here got enough pointage for a promotion, in his yaynss he exited from the round thinking he'll go grab his new gun and come back. WRONG when he reaches BFHQ he finds no promotion stuff. so he goes back to the game shoots some ppl and hey there's the promotion again--wee  i found teh leet haxx (not).

sad for you mr donttouchmyshizt you can see the promotion bit twice but only get the two guns that correspond to you single promotion ( that is if you have both bf2 and bf2:sf)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard