specops10-4
+108|6736|In the hills
I recently smoked a lot of weed (an eight of good bud over the period of a whole day) and I had the most unpleasant and horrible high ever(I know.. stupid stoner i dont think ill ever smoke again).  I felt like I was going to die and everything seemed alien including my own body, I didn't recognize myself in the mirror and it was overall a fucked up experience.  Although I am feeling better after i did some research, I am still feeling the same effects 5 or 6 days after.  I believe I'm developing agoraphobia and I am scared shitless that I am for real going insane.

Has anyone had an experience like this before?  Does anyone know what you can do to stop this?

I already scheduled an appointment with a psychiatrist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization

Last edited by specops10-4 (2009-12-01 20:29:14)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England
Don't buy laced shit idiot.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
specops10-4
+108|6736|In the hills

JohnG@lt wrote:

Don't buy laced shit idiot.
Thanks fuckface you're a lot of help.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Well a psychiatrist is a good first step.

Aren't you meant to take drugs with friends, in case one of you stupid stoners starts to freak out and does something stupid? Kinda like a designated driver.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
specops10-4
+108|6736|In the hills

AussieReaper wrote:

Well a psychiatrist is a good first step.

Aren't you meant to take drugs with friends, in case one of you stupid stoners starts to freak out and does something stupid? Kinda like a designated driver.
I was with friends till I went to sleep.  I've always been fine when I'm high, i figured it would be like normal.

Last edited by specops10-4 (2009-12-01 20:23:24)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Sounds like you smoked some weed laced with some DXM or maybe angel dust. Either way GG.
13rin
+977|6472
lightweight?
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

One time I got real high and started talking about "meta". Was talking about talking about getting high, talking about thinking about the world around us, etc. Can't say I've come close to this though. Like others have said, sounds like you had some laced shit, especially if you're feeling it days after.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

drugs are bad mmmkay.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
specops10-4
+108|6736|In the hills
It wasn't laced, no one else had symptoms close to what happened to me, they were just high as fuck. 

I did some research and a lot of people have had this happen (3rd most common psychological disorder) so i know that I am not really going to go insane.  The worst part is I feel like I don't exist and nothing exists in real life making me incredibly suicidal.  I feel like killing myself will lift me from this "dream" I'm in even though in the back of my mind I know its all real.

I always thought weed was pretty much harmless...
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6439|Chicago, IL

specops10-4 wrote:

It wasn't laced, no one else had symptoms close to what happened to me, they were just high as fuck. 

I did some research and a lot of people have had this happen (3rd most common psychological disorder) so i know that I am not really going to go insane.  The worst part is I feel like I don't exist and nothing exists in real life making me incredibly suicidal.  I feel like killing myself will lift me from this "dream" I'm in even though in the back of my mind I know its all real.

I always thought weed was pretty much harmless...
Don't do it mate, suicide is permanent, any problems you may have are fleeting.  Go see a doctor, and know we're all here for you.

And in the immortal words of Mr. Mackey:  Drugs are bad, m'kay?
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6403|'Murka

It's good that MJ is harmless. Otherwise, you'd have something to worry about.

oh wai....

On a srs note: Go see a professional. Gaming forums are not it.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.

FEOS wrote:

It's good that MJ is harmless. Otherwise, you'd have something to worry about.

oh wai....

On a srs note: Go see a professional. Gaming forums are not it.
It is harmless to the majority. Like any drug it depends on who is using it.

I'll be waiting for a thread on an overdose of painkillers so I can chime in with a sarcastic "but I thought it was harmless" a durp durp hurr.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6699|67.222.138.85
How can you prove your own existence anyways hrmmm?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
I used to get that feeling, a tiny bit, when I used to smoke that shit. Not in a freaky "omg wtf" way, but in a "ok, I can tell I'm high, lols" kind of way. Maybe not as bad as the way you explained it, but I sort of know what you're talking about. How this helps you, I dunno, just don't take all this shit too seriously is all I can say
jord

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

How can you prove your own existence anyways hrmmm?
Through the medium of dance?

I know I exist, and you know you exist, but does Mek exist or is "it" just a super computer made by the government to give bone responses on forums and act as a human?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
How do I know you're not some supercomputer made by the government (probably the french government) programmed to be a skinny over-patriotic brit who accusses others of being a computer program, fuck that, we're all fuckin computer programs. If there was a computer that could simulate life right down to the fucking super subatomic level, well you could essentially have a fully functioning simulated universe within a computer program, if the computer is powerful enough. You run that program to follow the basic laws of the universe and all the quantum shit and let it go along its own course and eventually you'll get sentience within that program, and yes you have the matrix. Well sort of. Theoretically, it's all probably possible. Jord, you may have stumbled onto something here.

This post won't help the OP who's freaking out on weed infact it'll do the complete opposite but whatever.
jord
There's no such thing as over patriotic, commie.
Amra
look; even concrete needs to be laid
+26|5305|Up your #4+@?
Just smoke more.

You only feel that way because you are a noob.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
Stop smoking weed, that's your problem.

Heroin is a much better idea TBH, you won't think about fucking anything, it's great.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6512|Πάϊ
A very close friend kind of lost it a few years back by smoking weed. At least that's what the docs reconned. And he wasn't a lightweight either. For a long time he was out of control. He was convinced that his parents wanted to harm him and he did all kinds of fucked up shit to them. Then he went through a phase where he only trusted his friends and acted all weird toward other people, to the point that he became dangerous so they locked him up for some time. Then for a year he was in and out of the mental institution, on and off his meds. Glad to say that now he's much better - if not fully cured. Still on medication though.
From what I understand out of all this, some people who have a tendency for this kind of thing might be influenced by weed. So I suggest you go see a doc asap.
ƒ³
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

Mekstizzle wrote:

How do I know you're not some supercomputer made by the government (probably the french government) programmed to be a skinny over-patriotic brit who accusses others of being a computer program, fuck that, we're all fuckin computer programs. If there was a computer that could simulate life right down to the fucking super subatomic level, well you could essentially have a fully functioning simulated universe within a computer program, if the computer is powerful enough. You run that program to follow the basic laws of the universe and all the quantum shit and let it go along its own course and eventually you'll get sentience within that program, and yes you have the matrix. Well sort of. Theoretically, it's all probably possible. Jord, you may have stumbled onto something here.

This post won't help the OP who's freaking out on weed infact it'll do the complete opposite but whatever.
Skynet Mek.1
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6518|South Florida

specops10-4 wrote:

I recently smoked a lot of weed (an eight of good bud over the period of a whole day) and I had the most unpleasant and horrible high ever(I know.. stupid stoner i dont think ill ever smoke again).  I felt like I was going to die and everything seemed alien including my own body, I didn't recognize myself in the mirror and it was overall a fucked up experience.  Although I am feeling better after i did some research, I am still feeling the same effects 5 or 6 days after.  I believe I'm developing agoraphobia and I am scared shitless that I am for real going insane.

Has anyone had an experience like this before?  Does anyone know what you can do to stop this?

I already scheduled an appointment with a psychiatrist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derealization
Yes, i dealt with agoraphobia/depersonalization before.

see here: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=105230

I cant believe someone else on this forum has actually experienced the same exact things which i did... It was a combo of agoraphobia and derealization.

The derealization caused me to panic which made me very paranoid that i was going to have a panic attack in a place where i couldnt quickly get to my safe spot (which is my car usually), i was worried the panic attack would make it hard to breath which would cause me to pass out, cause a scene, and have to meet with an ambulance and stuff.

Just the sheer thought of having derealization feeling caused me to get the derealization feeling. Which is quite annoying because its impossible to force yourself to not think about something.

Does it happen in spells (like when you think about it happening) or is it constant?

To me it felt like i was in a movie. Like everything around me was scripted. I could act completely fine, no one would know that i was having the spell, only me.

The best thing you can do is keep your mind off it, please talk to me more about it because i know how frusterating and scary it can be.

Last edited by Mitch (2009-12-02 09:01:31)

15 more years! 15 more years!
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6688|NJ
Don't GO to the psychiatrist unless you're really thinking about killing yourself.

I wouldn't blame this on the weed, what you probably have is a chemical imbalance in your brain or possible always had a case of depression and covered that up with the smoking of the weed.
specops10-4
+108|6736|In the hills
I feel it all the time, but it comes in different strengths depending on what I do.  If I am trying to fall asleep or I have noting else distracting my mind its by far the worst and I will feel like I am dieing.  If I start to talk with someone or I do something physically active I will feel much better.  I still see everything as a weird hellish place, but I am in more control.  I went skiing this past weekend and I felt a million times better, but as soon as I got on the chairlift or took a second to stop I would feel fucked up in a matter of seconds.

I've also found that drinking a beer or two helps out a lot as well but I doubt that's a good long term remedy.

About the depression, I used to be really depressed but I got better before I started smoking so I doubt it was anything suppressed by the weed.  I doubt that I will kill myself but this disorder makes it incredibly difficult to get thoughts out of your head.  Once I think something it will circulate for days on end.  It turns into a vicious cycle, I try so hard to get thoughts out of my head that I think about it more and more so it gets worse and worse till I just feel like ending it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard