Poll

Which is better to command on?

Infantry Only45%45% - 27
Regular (w/ vehicles)54%54% - 32
Total: 59
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

I need ~5300 more command points and I want to get them as quickly as possible. I've searched around here and read old threads, but I'm still not entirely sure which kind of server is better to command on.

With I/O, you've got longer rounds and only have to worry about dropping UAV and Supplies, so you can be out in the field fighting and capping flags without too much of a problem (will help stave off boredom and monotony). And even if you don't get the win and x2 bonus, you'll still get a decent amount of command points.
With vehicles, there's the potential of some teammates to get some really high scores, and if you get put in charge of a good team, the faster rounds with the x2 multiplier will help you rack in the points easily.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6667|UK
I/O - it's more teamwork orientated.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon
IO and don't fight.  your kills dont count towards your commander score iirc.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
baggs
+732|6200

steelie34 wrote:

IO and don't fight.  your kills dont count towards your commander score iirc.
Indeed, your score is the mean average of your teams score.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5746|شمال
Artillery, Your Area!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Skorpy-chan
+127|6341|Twyford, UK
Regular, because IO is for morons who should never have left Counterstrike or TF2 or CoD4.
baggs
+732|6200

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Regular, because IO is for morons who should never have left Counterstrike or TF2 or CoD4.
your stats say you maek gud player. so your argument is: null.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6377|the land of bourbon
im looking at these poll responses and i'm thinking that people are not reading your question.  if you want to score the most points possible, IO is the way to do it... unless of course you just dont use arty on a vehicle server.  everything you do to kill someone including shooting and artying does not count into your commander score. 

IO is generally better because more medics will be reviving people, causing the round to last longer.  vehicle servers typically involved getting killed instead of 'critically wounded' thus the tickets drain faster.  and whatever you do, make sure you win!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5539|Toronto
Yeah, you want the longest rounds possible to minimize wasted time waiting for the game to start and get rolling, it's just that simple.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6628|949

IO for sure.  You can easily rack up high 100 to 200 point rounds as commander on IO.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6341|Twyford, UK

baggs wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

The fact that I suck at not dying is irrelevant to the issue. I'm just not a damn coward like most players.
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6737|OctoLand
Depends...IO is ok, but it's hit and miss if your team wins, and you might not get the X2 bonus.

When I was going for the command points, I tried to find a full 64 vehicle server, and nearly always there is 1 team with all the vehicle whores stacked on it....so you join that team and command it, you get the arty kills because the other team will be losing and probs only have 1 flag or 2, you get the quick ticket reduction due to all the kills from your vehicle whores and you always get the X2 bonus for winning.

That's how I did it anyway (gotland all maps server), it was boring as hell getting that ribbon.
I know fucking karate
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6148|what

IO, play as a whatever class but just watch the battle.

Throw down supply drops and help squads, but stay out of the fight and only drop arty on the enemy commander if you're playing on an artillery server.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6170|Sydney | ♥

The commander's score is the highest mean of your team at any one point in time.

In IO, from experience, this is generally higher.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6650

Thanks for the replies so far, guys
Karma for all! (Don't have any left to give out at the moment, but it will be coming)
baggs
+732|6200

Skorpy-chan wrote:

baggs wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

The fact that I suck at not dying is irrelevant to the issue. I'm just not a damn coward like most players.
even still, your stats are pathetic, is that actually your one and only account? cos you must be joking, right?
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5296|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire

m3thod wrote:

First time method has ever been wrong, ever
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6148|what

Irishpride<3 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

No I think he is correct.

Unless you think half a squad waiting for a Jet to spawn followed by excessive team killing is "coordinated" or a commander dropping arty on the wake carrier is a brilliant micro squad management military tactic.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
baggs
+732|6200

Irishpride<3 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

purely a matter of opinion there mate. teamwork is subjective, it doesnt exist in one game mode more than the other.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6323|Australia
IO is far and away the best way to get command points. Just sit in a secluded area and watch the points rack up. Its much easier to command in too - you don't have to keep an eye out for arty targets or people who need vehicles, and it's easier to keep track of enemy movements as they cannot quickly move from one area to another and you don't get the invisible/unspottable vehicle bug.
Also, the difference in the scores of players coming first and last is much lower in IO, meaning that the player coming first on your team has a score much closer to your own. This means that when the round ends and you win, your 2x bonus is much more likely to put you ahead and in the gold star position.
That said, commanding on vehicle servers does allow you to command in a vehicle, giving you time for your other badges/medals.
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
Vehicles so you can drop cars on people and laugh as they cry for the next 5 mins about it.

BTW if you drop a car on them again as they type out a moan you get x3 commander score, fact.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6341|Twyford, UK

baggs wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

baggs wrote:

even still, your stats are pathetic, is that actually your one and only account? cos you must be joking, right?
Your mom is pathetic.

And that's the one account I've used. Ever. I don't play religiously. Hell, for the first few months of playing, my mouse used to crap out at odd moments, sending me spinning in circles, because it was a cheap piece of shit.
Irishpride<3
[√] Flameworthy
+76|5296|Baile Atha Cliath, Éire

baggs wrote:

Irishpride<3 wrote:

m3thod wrote:

purely a matter of opinion there mate. teamwork is subjective, it doesnt exist in one game mode more than the other.
Perhaps bud.

However,
I
M
O

I think the natural gameplay of BF2 (vehicles) is way more teamwork oriented than that shit they produced V1.4. Commanding a decent teamwork oriented team (this does exclude most public servers) is way more fun than IO. Then again, commanding public IO is even worse than public vehicles.

T
B
H

If you're gonna play BF2 for IO, piss off and play a proper infantry oriented game (see CS, CoD ect...)
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6677|Disaster Free Zone
For points IO.
For enjoyment normal.
baggs
+732|6200

Skorpy-chan wrote:

baggs wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Your mom is pathetic.

And that's the one account I've used. Ever. I don't play religiously. Hell, for the first few months of playing, my mouse used to crap out at odd moments, sending me spinning in circles, because it was a cheap piece of shit.
You must be trollin' cos with only 125 hours of gameplay and sum total of 12k points, you can't even hold an opinion on the game. You're a shit player.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard