S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6446|Chicago, IL
Lots of good reviews coming in, even from the skeptics, I'll get it in 6 months for half price (just like L4D)
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6470

haffeysucks wrote:

Uzique wrote:

meh dont think i'll get this. same old, same old. campaigns are fun for a week but the versus mode really doesnt interest me. shame
it's so different though, at least from what i've played.  i can't put a finger on why, but it's actually a challenge for the survivors this time around.
if the new campaigns have any sort of longevity and fun-replayability, then im sold. versus in l4d, whether i played with randoms or with experienced friends, just seemed like a bit of a desperate stretch towards something 'competitive' and 'serious', but it failed in that on so many levels. i loved the campaigns at first- back when they had a semblance of difficulty and freshness, but it just became stale doing the same limited story several times over with the same strategies. i think it was a disappointment for me in that respect because i was hyped about the new l4d-engine (at the time) that promised an intelligent game-director that would make 'no two experiences ever the same', but every game boiled down to the same bullshit of 'here's a wave of infected! oh no, here's a special infected! do x-y-z and progress!'. it was never different and rarely felt dynamic. if l4d2 has made that little bugbear vanish, then i'll be a happy camper... when it becomes a little more realistically priced.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269

Uzique wrote:

i think it was a disappointment for me in that respect because i was hyped about the new l4d-engine (at the time) that promised an intelligent game-director that would make 'no two experiences ever the same', but every game boiled down to the same bullshit of 'here's a wave of infected! oh no, here's a special infected! do x-y-z and progress!'. it was never different and rarely felt dynamic.
I felt exactly the same way. They'd been going on for months about how the AI director would make it different, new and fresh whenever you played, but all it came down to was a random zombie generator, a random item generator, and a semi-random horde generator.

It didn't feel new, fresh, or anything the 2nd time through. It felt exactly the same but with some slightly differently distributed medkits.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6520|Austin, Texas
The new AI director is mean. I've had two chargers thrown at me at the same time while there was a smoker in the distance and a witch not far away. It's not the single-special at a time like l4d at all. You will be hit by a jockey while trying to save your friend from a smoker. Hell, at the end of the first campaign TWO tanks will spawn at the same time with a horde.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6652

Bevo wrote:

The new AI director is mean. I've had two chargers thrown at me at the same time while there was a smoker in the distance and a witch not far away. It's not the single-special at a time like l4d at all. You will be hit by a jockey while trying to save your friend from a smoker. Hell, at the end of the first campaign TWO tanks will spawn at the same time with a horde.
Sounds like what L4D's Expert difficulty should have been like, instead of simply making you take more damage from the exact same attacks.

Last edited by Lucien (2009-11-18 10:51:56)

https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

Yeah, Normal mode on Carnival was difficult at spots.
Brasso
+1,549|6630

Ilocano wrote:

lol normal.

VS is actually a CHALLENGE now.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Stimey
­
+786|6119|Ontario | Canada
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31122/c2m5_concert0000.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31122/c2m5_concert0001.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/31122/c2m5_concert0002.jpg

Ran the Gnome and went Melee only on Carnival.
Was fun

Last edited by Stimey (2009-11-18 20:00:56)

­
­
­
­
­
­
Brasso
+1,549|6630

looks like a different font
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6473|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Picked up the game on mah lunchbreak

Traded few months ago two xbox games and got a 1€ offer at Gamestop to preorder some upcoming game. So I chose this one. Said to the clerk that I'd like to change it for a PC version instead. He said they had to take it as a used copy due to company policy (which is understandable since it's a chain of stores and not some independent store). They wanted 14€ extra from me so I said I'll think about it. So I went across the hall to TILT gamestore and asked for their verdict. They said the same thing but put the price up since it had plastics and all on it. Got my PC version for 4€ from there. So I paid 5€ (and a couple crummy xbox games) for my copy of L2D4.

Weird story bro.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

haffeysucks wrote:

Ilocano wrote:

lol normal.

VS is actually a CHALLENGE now.
Forgot the map, but was the highway overpass, starting where you had to drop down the bridge.  Both sides couldn't get pass more than a hundred feet or so.  The Spitter, if played right, is definitely the best chararacter to play.  Second is the Jockey.  Now more than ever, the Hunter sucks.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Hunter always was the funniest thing in L4D?
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Ultrafunkula

Omg omg omg omg omg omg. L4D2 is funnnnnnnnnnnn!
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5787|Catherine Black

Ultrafunkula wrote:

inorite

I loved the demo. Srsly considering buying this.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Ultrafunkula

Finray wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

inorite

5 thumbs up.
Ultrafunkula

The horde music is hilarious
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6468

Finray wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

inorite

The demo was horrible.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Ultrafunkula

I didn't play ze demo so I can't compare. We'll just have to wait and see for how long it's a fun game.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

Fuck me. There's like a third of me that says: GET THIS GAME NOW. Then there's another third screaming: WTF THE DEMO WAS FUCKING SHIT YOU DON'T WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME/MONEY. And the last third reminds me of Valve's fucktardism.

I am troubled.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Ultrafunkula

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Fuck me. There's like a third of me that says: GET THIS GAME NOW. Then there's another third screaming: WTF THE DEMO WAS FUCKING SHIT YOU DON'T WANT TO WASTE YOUR TIME/MONEY. And the last third reminds me of Valve's fucktardism.

I am troubled.
Get it!

It has one of the bestest achievement ever; Robbing Zombie

Was waiting for a reference to Rob in this game

They shoulda gotten the license to play "I zombie" in one of them jukeboxes

Oh, and lol at some idiot on the steam site complaining about the music that it should be melodic death metal instead of the groovy etno jazz or whatever. I like the current tunes. They're hilarious.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
The demo was terrible.

And no don't buy it. Don't give it to their backstabbing business moves like everybody else has. That's no way to send a message.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

The demo was terrible.

And no don't buy it. Don't give it to their backstabbing business moves like everybody else has. That's no way to send a message.
Yoda, you do know that you're the only one still boycotting this out of principle.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6269
I probably am.

I'm probably one of the only people still not buying Xbox Live Gold out of principle as well but does that mean I should just abandon my principles and go with the rest of the flock?

I believe it's wrong what they did.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-11-20 06:38:06)

Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6401|dm_maidenhead
I'm not going to pay £30 for a mod of a game I already paid £30 for. A game which was promised to be updated similarly to TF2.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6468

Only £30?

They want €50 for it over here!
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard