Hakei
Banned
+295|5966
How the hell does a survey mark hungriness? This isn't proof of anything aside from a few fat Americans crying because they can't spend more than $50+ on fast food a day.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

burnzz wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

. . . read about issues other people may be experiencing without ever really experiencing them and then completely overreacting.
so by donating my time and efforts, and canned food at other times, i'm 'over-reacting'?

JohnG@lt wrote:

I grew up poor in a poor neighborhood and even the kids on food stamps weren't starving. Hell, they were cashing in food stamps for dipsy doodles so they could take the money and spend it on other crap. School food programs provide free breakfast and lunch as well. No one is starving that doesn't deserve it.
doesn't disprove my second statement, rather helps validate it.

so you say "i'm reading about issues". no way bro, i left home at sixteen, finished high school and got a job on my own, slept where i could and spent alot of time with homeless people. because i was one.
i put myself through college on Pell grants and work, and wrote a thesis on "Homelessness; How the United States neglects it's poor".
read about it?I wrote about it. and today i try to do something about it. today i'm glad the military wasn't an option (i'm 4F) so i had to do it alone.
Good for you. Then you should know first hand that most of them are a waste of life that provide no benefit to society but eat up resources anyway. I have no pity.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

JohnG@lt wrote:

I have no pity.
an excellent user title. a poor reply. Good Day, Sir.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Hakei wrote:

How the hell does a survey mark hungriness? This isn't proof of anything aside from a few fat Americans crying because they can't spend more than $50+ on fast food a day.
Exactly.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

burnzz wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

I have no pity.
an excellent user title. a poor reply. Good Day, Sir.
Exactly why should I feel pity for them? I grew up poor to a single mother raising her kids on a post office salary. My father was an alcoholic and cokehead that my mom kicked out when I was seven. I did ok in school, joined the army to pay for college and now I'll be better off than my parents were. Isn't that the American Dream? Some people are just broken. It's nature. In the wild they would die off but we're 'civilized' so we carry the scum around with us instead.
-Frederick Bastiat
Skorpy-chan
+127|6316|Twyford, UK
Doesen't the government have food stamps to prevent that?

Otherwise, I say let nature take care of it. Let undesirable traits like stupidity, or poor judgement starve to death, and start teaching children basic mathematics so this credit crunch doesen't happen again.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6642|UK
Basic maths wasn't the problem, it was basic risk management....like don't gives mortagages to people who can't afford them.  You know shit like that.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

m3thod wrote:

Basic maths wasn't the problem, it was basic risk management....like don't gives mortagages to people who can't afford them.  You know shit like that.
But those mortgages were encouraged by certain people in our own government to give poor people a helping hand
-Frederick Bastiat
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK

JohnG@lt wrote:

m3thod wrote:

But those mortgages were encouraged by certain people in our own government to give poor people a helping hand
I encourage you to jump off the nearest cliff.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

m3thod wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Why? Because I'm laying blame where it belongs? This is as much Barney Franks mess as anyone elses and he's still chairing his committee.
-Frederick Bastiat
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK

JohnG@lt wrote:

m3thod wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Why? Because I'm laying blame where it belongs? This is as much Barney Franks mess as anyone elses and he's still chairing his committee.
To prove a point.  You're under no obligation to do whatever i encourage you to do, much as i would like to see your splattered carcass at the bottom of a 300 foot drop.

The buck stopped with the banks and their risk management practises, everything else is a load of shit and pointless to discuss.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

m3thod wrote:

The buck stopped with the banks and their risk management practises, everything else is a load of shit and pointless to discuss.
really?  what about the realty groups driving up the market way too high for no reason?

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-11-16 16:21:44)

m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK

Red Forman wrote:

m3thod wrote:

really?  what about the reality groups driving up the market way to high for no reason?
No reason? How about to make money.  Oh wait capatalism isn't the golden goose you think it is?
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

m3thod wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

m3thod wrote:

really?  what about the reality groups driving up the market way to high for no reason?
No reason? How about to make money.  Oh wait capatalism isn't the golden goose you think it is?
no.  it is a scam.  drive up the price for quality fine.  but, these houses are cheap cookie cutters with shitty cheap drywall from china.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

seriously, you are turning this into another political bullet point?

today, 10%+ of our nation is unemployed and you insist on using narrow, absolute terms like 'no one' and citing a congressional committee leader as the source of these problems?

Hakei, the question asked isn't "how much are you hungry?" it's "have you eaten today?"

JohnG@lt wrote:

Exactly why should I feel pity for them?
why would you serve in the military, to secure your own future? i feel military service is a sacrifice on behalf of the nation, not a means to get ahead. if so, your gamble paid off for you and i applaud your service because of it, not despite it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

burnzz wrote:

seriously, you are turning this into another political bullet point?

today, 10%+ of our nation is unemployed and you insist on using narrow, absolute terms like 'no one' and citing a congressional committee leader as the source of these problems?

Hakei, the question asked isn't "how much are you hungry?" it's "have you eaten today?"

JohnG@lt wrote:

Exactly why should I feel pity for them?
why would you serve in the military, to secure your own future? i feel military service is a sacrifice on behalf of the nation, not a means to get ahead. if so, your gamble paid off for you and i applaud your service because of it, not despite it.
Sacrifice? What idiot would endanger his own life if not for personal gain? Yes, I used the word idiot. Risking your life for an idea or a flag is the height of foolishness.
-Frederick Bastiat
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK

Red Forman wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

no.  it is a scam.  drive up the price for quality fine.  but, these houses are cheap cookie cutters with shitty cheap drywall from china.
Still made people money. money, money, money, money loadsamoney!

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

burnzz wrote:

Good Day, Sir.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

m3thod wrote:

Red Forman wrote:

m3thod wrote:

Still made people money. money, money, money, money loadsamoney!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MyZnZ_e … re=related
ok...so much for this discussion.  nice talking to you.
m3thod
+2,197|6642|UK
marine, marine, marine.

If you built a piece of shit home for 20K and i came along with my mortgage money (which btw i should have never got) offering to purchase it for 50k, would you tell me i was a dumb fuck and to take my money elsewhere?

It's alright when you're on your high horse playing mr honesty on a gaming forum, I am afraid it doesn't work like that in the real world.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

m3thod wrote:

marine, marine, marine.

If you built a piece of shit home for 20K and i came along with my mortgage money (which btw i should have never got) offering to purchase it for 50k, would you tell me i was a dumb fuck and to take my money elsewhere?

It's alright when you're on your high horse playing mr honesty on a gaming forum, I am afraid it doesn't work like that in the real world.
i am talking about the realty companies selling that shit to people.  its a fucking scam and should be stopped.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-11-16 16:21:22)

1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5949|Blue Mountain State
i'm hungry right now. gonna go eat some ham. brb
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

I had split pea soup and weiswurst.
-Frederick Bastiat
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5371

JohnG@lt wrote:

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

I had split pea soup and weiswurst.
olive garden take away.

/win
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales