farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6522

I'm wondering which one i should pursue to get. I want legitimate reasons why or why not I should pick one not just things like oh xbox sux get ps3 or vice versa. Im interested in going online and am looking to the future as well so whichever console seems to have more life in it before it's thrown into the corner and a new one is made to take its place.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

Why do you want a console to begin with?

As far as online, I've heard better things about XBL than PSN, but I've always been hesitant about paying for a service you provide yourself. As far as life expectancy, the PS3 keeps saying it's going to become more popular and get better games, but it isn't happening. If you want to keep up to date on most new FPS and Sports releases, the 360 supposedly has superiority.

Though I would suggest avoiding consoles in general, the 360 is probably better for games, and the PS3 better for just about everything else.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
google http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=360+ … fcb5a5cce1

farmerfez wrote:

Im interested in going online and am looking to the future as well
and.. you are online right now.. look into the future by visiting a psychic

stuff
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6646

Here we go again...

PS3, IMO.

Read this: http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 8#p2775178
It may start off about used consoles, but it gets into the +'s and -'s of each console.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6250|B.C. Canada
I have a 360 and fucking love it. The controllers are sexy and come in all different colors and themes. Xbox live I find to be way better than PSN. I like the whole avatar thing for xbox live and it just looks better. I have only seen PSN once and it was kinda confusing so I can't really compare.
Also the 360 has a shit load of games for it.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

trex1210 wrote:

I have a 360 and fucking love it. The controllers are sexy and come in all different colors and themes. Xbox live I find to be way better than PSN. I like the whole avatar thing for xbox live and it just looks better. I have only seen PSN once and it was kinda confusing so I can't really compare.
Also the 360 has a shit load of games for it.
ugh, you compare xbl to psn after only using PSN once, and you seem to think that different coloured controllers actually matters. Xbox live avatars would be cool, other than how it's impossible for them to not look gay, and afaik there's no real use for them.

And as far as games, it's all relative. Maybe you have more games than the PS3, but you haven't got 1/100th of the games for PC.
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6250|B.C. Canada
I was just going by what I thought of the 360. When my buddy was showing me his PS3 we fucked around with PSN for a bit and I didn't like it to much. But that's just me. Everyone is different.
Just get what you like. You are going to get a 50/50 answer any way. I like the 360 because of all the "gay" little features and from what I can see the game library is better (going by what they have at my local video store). 5 Isles of 360 games vs 2 isles of PS3 games. Maybe they just hate PS3?
baggs
+732|6196
As a PS3 owner i would say the Xbox has more appeal as a pure console, BluRay is the obvious stand out feature for the PS3. And if you're wondering, i didnt buy my PS3.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

baggs wrote:

As a PS3 owner i would say the Xbox has more appeal as a pure console, BluRay is the obvious stand out feature for the PS3. And if you're wondering, i didnt buy my PS3.
downloaded it? shame on you.
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
They're both pretty much the same, as are internet browsers, as are keyboards and as is every other thing people get anal over here.

I had a xbox 360 and it died, I got a new one and it died a month months back, I now have a ps3 because I fancied something new and something that won't die. As for differences? Well I've never used blu ray and I can't say the graphics are massively different. The free internet off my neighbours for a while was nice though.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6651|The darkside of Denver
i have all three consoles... PS3 gets my vote... Only for bluray... and the online community seems to be more mature IMO.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5391
PS3 gets my vote
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6644
360 vs PS3 when you have a gaming PC already: PS3
360 vs PS3 when you're a casual: take a look at the actual goddamn games and decide which you want to play, then buy the appropriate console.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

Casual: PS2
Serious: PC
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6644
Serious, hardmode: emulate PS2 on your PC
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

SonderKommando wrote:

i have all three consoles... PS3 gets my vote... Only for bluray... and the online community seems to be more mature IMO.
I have all three and X360 gets my vote.  What you say about the maturity of the online community (PSN vs. XBL) is 100% spot on though.

If you are focusing on online play I would probably go with whatever console more of your friends have, as it's much more fun to play with them than random strangers.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5779|Catherine Black
I would have to say PS3.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5391

Finray wrote:

I would have to say PS3.
i agree with dumb dumb
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
Well I can give some pros and cons of the 360. Only ever played a PS3 in a shop demo station so my opinion on it is void. Had my Xbox for almost 2 years now (got it in Fed 2008)

Pros:
  • Some pretty cool exclusive games. Crackdown is what made me buy one in the first place and it's wonderful. However tbh I find most of it's other "big" exclusives to be extremely lacking. Gears of War, Halo etc. Boring as hell. But Crackdown is awesome and Viva Pinata can really suck your time away without you even realising. The GTA IV Expansions are also worth getting.
  • Multiplatform games are usually better on the 360. Whether it's graphics or online functionality, the 360 usually has a slight edge.
  • The controller. Probably the best controller ever made along with the GC controller. The PS controller (which I can have an opinion on because it hasnt changed.. ever) is just terrible in comparison. Uncomfortable, small, cheap feeling. The 360 controller is ergonomic and comfortable.
  • Price obviously. It's (in the UK at least) quite a bit cheaper than the PS3.
  • Xbox Live Arcade: It's pretty cool that every single game has a trial version for you to download and try out. If only the same could be said about every retail game.
Cons:
  • PS3's exclusives are exclusive. The 360's exclusives are often found on the PC. So you'd probably get a more varied experience on the PS3. I assume.
  • Xbox Live: You have to pay. And on principle, I refuse to pay Microsoft money so I can connect directly to other Xboxs for player hosted multiplayer. It's wrong. It just is. I will not pay them for it. As a result i'm met with a constant wave of frustration because a large portion of every game is cut off for me. This means that not only do I always experience half a game, but my replay value of all games is reduced significantly. Not to mention that at the end of the day (when i've had free Gold trial cards), the multiplayer itself is god damn awful compared to PC games (though I imagine that the same is true for the PS3).
  • Microsoft: They want you to pay for everything. Everything. Even pictures. Accessories are all expensive.
  • Reliability: I've had mine for nearly 2 years and have never had a problem with it. However I get the feeling from the internet that i'm in the minority.

Now it might sound like I don't like the Xbox much when I add everything up, but i've played some fun games on it and i never regretted buying it (which I usually do with big purchases because I hate spending money), so that says something. At this stage however, after these 2 years, I'd be quite happy to make the switch to the PS3, for free multiplayer and PS3 exclusive games (like MGS4 and Uncharted 2 off the top of my head).

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-11-13 13:07:11)

VicktorVauhn
+319|6383|Southern California

jord wrote:

They're both pretty much the same, as are internet browsers, as are keyboards and as is every other thing people get anal over here.

I had a xbox 360 and it died, I got a new one and it died a month months back, I now have a ps3 because I fancied something new and something that won't die. As for differences? Well I've never used blu ray and I can't say the graphics are massively different. The free internet off my neighbours for a while was nice though.
Probably best post.

Almost every game I have ever wanted to play is released on both... Other then the GTA expansions I can't think of anything xbox only that I want.

So free internet (I play to casually to actually subscribe to something), and the fact that MS seems to rape their customers every chance they get makes me a PS3 owner.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6834|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Save your money and upgrade your PC tbh.
User007Gamer
???
+21|5974|Dubai, UAE

Sydney wrote:

+1
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459

User007Gamer wrote:

Sydney wrote:

+2
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.
-3, pointless posts.

If a guy is asking what Bicycle to buy I don't go in and tell him to save for a car, keep it ontopic. The topic is consoles.
Mikey
D'ya like dags?
+16|5295
PS3 for a number of reasons, cba listing them all

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard