Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401
Since it is an endless discussion that world leaders can't figure out, there is no need for multiple threads.  Please discuss ALL topics relating to Israel and Palestine in this thread.

According to this poll:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=131792

63% believe Palestine is most responsible for the continuation of this conflict.

According to this poll:
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=131855

65% believe palestine targets civilians more than Israel.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-10-23 05:43:04)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

Shouldn't this be titled the Hamas and Zionist thread?

I don't like you throwing into the mix the people who don't perpetrate the hate.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718
Our school's MUN won't let us debate about the Question of the State of Palestine because our principal is Jewish. True story.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
i'm with mr forman here - we don't need tons of threads on what essentially is one debate.

mind you could say that about a couple of topics here, it's just that this one is one that it happens to most, as it turns into a. a historical debate on who was here first and who deserved what and who committed what terrorist act against who or b. claims about one's side terrorist, unjustified or otherwise overly belligirent activity.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

Spark wrote:

i'm with mr forman here - we don't need tons of threads on what essentially is one debate.

mind you could say that about a couple of topics here, it's just that this one is one that it happens to most, as it turns into a. a historical debate on who was here first and who deserved what and who committed what terrorist act against who or b. claims about one's side terrorist, unjustified or otherwise overly belligirent activity.
The first time it was attempted it became too confusing because Israel/Palestine generates so many distinct issues and news stories that you couldn't tell where the thread started or ended. It's like making a catch-all thread entitled 'Economic Matters'. It would fall flat on its face. An Israel/Palestine subfolder might work, mind you.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2009-10-18 04:12:01)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401
look...you are trying to say you cant cover every topic in one thread...and i agree.  but, you know damn well EVERY israel thread NEVER stays on topic and ALWAYS ends up with wikis about land.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557

Red Forman wrote:

look...you are trying to say you cant cover every topic in one thread...and i agree.  but, you know damn well EVERY israel thread NEVER stays on topic and ALWAYS ends up with wikis about land.
It does often get reduced to the same old argument - but that's why Israel-Palestine topics that diverge too much after a few pages should simply be closed, unless the topic specifically relates to that discussion.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6224|Escea

I can see what your aiming for marine, and I'll agree, unfortunately it may be fruitless.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
Hey guys, give it a chance.

Instead of pouting that " my post got deleted, why didnit his " use the report function. protip; don't report a violation of the rules if two posts down yours does the same thing.

I frankly don't care if it has been tried before, how about not being the one that wrecks it this time?
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401
thanks grape.  i am going to take this a bit further and make a series of polls to make it interesting.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6598|Seattle

So... lets talk about it.

I wish they'd both blow up. I'm sick of hearing the debate tbh. Iran might take a step in that direction pretty soon. Which would result in US intervention, which would result in Iran getting flattened, which would spark off a bunch of other shit.

In the end, just do away with Palestine and Isreal to begin with and save the rest of the world a bunch of hassle.

Thoughts? Opinions?

lol
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6781|Great Brown North
KCD for president

that's pretty much the way i feel about it as well
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6448|Chicago, IL

krazed wrote:

KCD for president

quite, these idiots have been fighting over that god-forsaken strip of sand for millenia.  The land is useless, the ancient trade routes are gone, and the neighboring countries as insane as it gets.  Not exactly a land worth dying for...
Commie Killer
+192|6388

S.Lythberg wrote:

krazed wrote:

KCD for president

quite, these idiots have been fighting over that god-forsaken strip of sand for millenia.  The land is useless, the ancient trade routes are gone, and the neighboring countries as insane as it gets.  Not exactly a land worth dying for...
When you have no place else to go, then it is.

Also, at least the Israeli's have managed to make a generally profitable and first class state over there, though it was to the Palestinians detriment.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401
OP updated
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال

Red Forman wrote:

63% believe Palestine is most responsible for the continuation of this conflict.
lol
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

Red Forman wrote:

What, in the same way the allies were responsible for prolonging WW2?
If they'd just surrendered it would have been over quickly eh?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-10-21 02:39:49)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
why didn't you leave the poll open?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Spark wrote:

19 votes on a videogame forum doesn't mean anything.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401

Spark wrote:

it was open for 36 hours....thats enough.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-10-21 07:24:21)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401
OP updated.  need more ideas for polls.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Since it is an endless discussion that world leaders can't figure out, there is no need for multiple threads.
World leaders have figured it out, but the US vetos them every time.

Polls on BF2S don't mean a lot, especially if only 20-30 people vote.
Amdi Peter
peut-être
+111|5549|paris
The polls lie.
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5401

Dilbert_X wrote:

Since it is an endless discussion that world leaders can't figure out, there is no need for multiple threads.
World leaders have figured it out, but the US vetos them every time.

Polls on BF2S don't mean a lot, especially if only 20-30 people vote.
ofc they dont mean a lot.  however, for this forum and the people who babble about it...its kind of relevant.  we get it.  you have said it multiple times now.  noted.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6673|UK
go pals!
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard