Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|5498

i'll drink to that.
Wreckognize
Member
+294|5485

karma wrote:

You could've just said "people who don't believe what I do are stupid"
Yep pretty much.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|5498

Wreckognize wrote:

Yep pretty much.
i wonder if chuy regrets posting the link to live view.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|5639|Montreal, Qc, Canada
Anybody is high atm?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|5498

loooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,744|5106|eXtreme to the maX

Beduin wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I've never noticed people looking forward to getting drunk in quite the same way, or planning ahead like that.
Dilbert...m8, You have no friends you can notice
That is irrelevant...
#FreeBritney
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|5498

Dilbert_X wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I've never noticed people looking forward to getting drunk in quite the same way, or planning ahead like that.
Dilbert...m8, You have no friends you can notice
That is irrelevant...
it is entirely relevant~ a life without friends is like a day without sunshine.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|4750|شمال

Dilbert_X wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I've never noticed people looking forward to getting drunk in quite the same way, or planning ahead like that.
Dilbert...m8, You have no friends you can notice
That is irrelevant...
Saying people that drinks do not prepare/talk about it is a bit... naive?
The talk about the snacks, the right soda to mix with, buying pills for the hangover BEFORE the hangover?
...and what about the times where there are free drinks? Have you any idea how people go crazy when they hear that? They will do anything for a free drink, hell they will even beat the shit out of you, get arrested if you spill their free drink.


True story!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,744|5106|eXtreme to the maX

Beduin wrote:

Saying people that drinks do not prepare/talk about it is a bit... naive?
The talk about the snacks, the right soda to mix with, buying pills for the hangover BEFORE the hangover?
But they don't plan it weeks or months in advance - maybe because alcohol is more available, I don't know.
#FreeBritney
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,268|5716

Andoura wrote:

Everybody would win.
Except for the limber/tobacco industry. Zing!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|5632|Finland

Dilbert_X wrote:

Beduin wrote:

Saying people that drinks do not prepare/talk about it is a bit... naive?
The talk about the snacks, the right soda to mix with, buying pills for the hangover BEFORE the hangover?
But they don't plan it weeks or months in advance - maybe because alcohol is more available, I don't know.
Sure they do. The office Christmas Party, Graduation Day, New Years, Labor Day, Housewarming etc. All "omagad I'm gonna be so wasted!" including preparations as renting a cabin, buying new clothes, thinking what special alcoholic beverages one should buy instead of the generic weekend brew, all this, just to get hammered beyond recognition and later on ask everyone if one had fun because of complete memory loss due to alcohol poisoning.

If getting high should equal months of preparations it would be a chill-fest one would not want to miss, even if they didn't smoke weed.
I need around tree fiddy.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|5627|Los Angeles, California, US.
The new policy from Obama is a nice step forward, now if we could stop Cooley and Trutanich. (LA County DA and LA City Attroney)
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4358|London, England
Nothing annoys me more than weed advocates. They're right up there with the sloppy frat guy telling everyone how much he likes booze and the bible thumper knocking on your door attempting to preach to you. If you smoke, fine, keep it to yourself. It doesn't make you cool to smoke. Maybe that works when you're 15 and the height of coolness is getting away with stuff but those also tend to be the same people who 'peaked in high school'.

Call me a control freak but I want to have control over my faculties at all times. I've smoked a handful of times and all it did was slow shit down and make uninteresting people interesting for an hour or so. It just blunts stress or any other feelings you may have. Me? Whether it's pleasure or pain I don't want anything standing between me and the feeling. Bring it on. It reminds you that you are human. Shielding yourself doesn't, it just means you are weak.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jsnipy
...
+3,275|5523|...

[email protected] wrote:

Whether it's pleasure or pain I don't want anything standing between me and the feeling. Bring it on. It reminds you that you are human. Shielding yourself doesn't, it just means you are weak.
So you would go through a root canal without any anesthesia?
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|5627|Los Angeles, California, US.

[email protected] wrote:

Nothing annoys me more than weed advocates. They're right up there with the sloppy frat guy telling everyone how much he likes booze and the bible thumper knocking on your door attempting to preach to you. If you smoke, fine, keep it to yourself. It doesn't make you cool to smoke. Maybe that works when you're 15 and the height of coolness is getting away with stuff but those also tend to be the same people who 'peaked in high school'.

Call me a control freak but I want to have control over my faculties at all times. I've smoked a handful of times and all it did was slow shit down and make uninteresting people interesting for an hour or so. It just blunts stress or any other feelings you may have. Me? Whether it's pleasure or pain I don't want anything standing between me and the feeling. Bring it on. It reminds you that you are human. Shielding yourself doesn't, it just means you are weak.
Are you referring to recreational use, or any use?
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|5710|Kangarooland

[email protected] wrote:

Nothing annoys me more than weed advocates.
Not much annoys me more then 'non weed advocates'....when it starts to annoy me, then i go have a bong.

[email protected] wrote:

It just blunts stress
love the pun, and 95% of the smokers i know only do it for that reason!

Reality is for people who can't handle drugs!

Last edited by ozghost (2009-10-19 04:40:42)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|5632|Finland

So you don't drink alcohol either, at all?
I need around tree fiddy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4358|London, England

DonFck wrote:

So you don't drink alcohol either, at all?
I do, socially, but I can't remember the last time I got drunk. It takes a lot of weed to get me high and a lot of alcohol to get me drunk.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4358|London, England

jsnipy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Whether it's pleasure or pain I don't want anything standing between me and the feeling. Bring it on. It reminds you that you are human. Shielding yourself doesn't, it just means you are weak.
So you would go through a root canal without any anesthesia?
So you equate life with having a root canal and you need weed to get you through the day?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|5632|Finland

[email protected] wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Whether it's pleasure or pain I don't want anything standing between me and the feeling. Bring it on. It reminds you that you are human. Shielding yourself doesn't, it just means you are weak.
So you would go through a root canal without any anesthesia?
So you equate life with having a root canal and you need weed to get you through the day?
Who said anything about being high all the time? If you let any substance interfere with your professional and social life, it's called a problem. Cannabis isn't something you have to do all day every day to "cope with the pain that is life". If that is the case for someone, that someone needs professional help. If it's restricted to that "beer after work" or as a relaxing weekend pastime either with or without friends, there's no issue.

It's more fun with friends anyway.
I need around tree fiddy.
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|5710|Kangarooland

[email protected] wrote:

So you equate life with having a root canal and you need weed to get you through the day?
Let me explain, You said this originally which is what he was referring to...

[email protected] wrote:

Call me a control freak but I want to have control over my faculties at all times. Whether it's pleasure or pain I don't want anything standing between me and the feeling. Bring it on. It reminds you that you are human. Shielding yourself doesn't, it just means you are weak.
so he said

jsnipy wrote:

So you would go through a root canal without any anesthesia?
soo...u saying this...


[email protected] wrote:

So you equate life with having a root canal and you need weed to get you through the day?
doesnt really make much sense and it definetely doesn't answer the question...

i had a wisdom tooth and the one next to it out the other day, he gave me some  anesthesia for it....i do not regard myself as weak.

i fail to see anywhere in jsnipy post where he referred to 'smoking weed all day'
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,744|5106|eXtreme to the maX

DonFck wrote:

Sure they do. The office Christmas Party, Graduation Day, New Years, Labor Day, Housewarming etc. All "omagad I'm gonna be so wasted!"
I remember that from when I was 14, adults not so much.
Why adults should turn into children when weed is discussed says something.

Dope seems to take over peoples thoughts in a way alcohol doesn't, maybe because alcohol is a simpler substance and the effects are totally predictable and repeatable.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-10-19 05:00:31)

#FreeBritney
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4358|London, England

DonFck wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

jsnipy wrote:


So you would go through a root canal without any anesthesia?
So you equate life with having a root canal and you need weed to get you through the day?
Who said anything about being high all the time? If you let any substance interfere with your professional and social life, it's called a problem. Cannabis isn't something you have to do all day every day to "cope with the pain that is life". If that is the case for someone, that someone needs professional help. If it's restricted to that "beer after work" or as a relaxing weekend pastime either with or without friends, there's no issue.

It's more fun with friends anyway.
The difference is that the single beer isn't going to make you inebriated. Getting high is an all or nothing thing. Sure, there are different states but in my experience I wouldn't want to drive a car just 'a little high' whereas after one beer I can function 100%.

Did I ever say to stop smoking? No. What I said was that weed advocates are the same as alcoholics, bible thumpers, or any other social group that tries to become less socially marginal by adding to it's member ranks. The first person to ever rice a car was probably looked at like a complete moron. As soon as people started copying his idea he gained social acceptance. See how this works? You smoke? Fine. Stop trying to 'convert' people to your cause.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,744|5106|eXtreme to the maX
doesnt really make much sense and it definetely doesn't answer the question...
I think the point is drugs are acceptable when you can't deal with the situation any other way - eg a root canal.
If you need drugs to deal with everyday life then you have a problem.
#FreeBritney
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4358|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

doesnt really make much sense and it definetely doesn't answer the question...
I think the point is drugs are acceptable when you can't deal with the situation any other way - eg a root canal.
If you need drugs to deal with everyday life then you have a problem.
Exactly. He put up a ridiculous extreme example and he got the answer he deserved.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard