0.Andy.0
+2|5837
http://store.steampowered.com/news/2916/

Oct 8, 2009 - Valve, creator of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Scavenge, the fourth game mode to be included in its upcoming zombie thriller, Left 4 Dead 2.

Scavenge mode challenges players to compete in round-based games of up to 8 players (Survivors vs. Infected). The Survivors must battle both the Infected and the clock as they collect gas cans to refuel a generator located in each map. Every can the Survivors pour into the generator scores their team a point and adds time to the clock.

On defense, the Infected team plays as the boss Infected (including the new Spitter, Jockey, and Charger). They must keep the Survivors from fueling the generator by attacking them, destroying the gas cans, or running out the clock. During a round, each team gets an opportunity to play both sides, with the round going to whichever team successfully delivers the most cans.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
So it's like Versus meets survival?

Pretty cool, should be fun.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6590|Mhz

I take it they're removing the ability for hunters to set gas cans on fire then, I could have that game won for infected in no time otherwise.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

I take it they're removing the ability for hunters to set gas cans on fire then, I could have that game won for infected in no time otherwise.
probably not
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Sounds interesting.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
I can see how this couldn't ever possibly be incorporated into L4D1, yes siree.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Sounds interesting.

I can see how this couldn't ever possibly be incorporated into L4D1, yes siree.
I do.

Microsoft doesn't take kindly to free content updates
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5369|USA
Interesting.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

Awesome. Can't wait till they release L4D2. I'm going to get 16 copies.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Brasso
+1,549|6600

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Awesome. Can't wait till they release L4D2. I'm going to get 16 copies.
your sarcasm is overwhelming
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I do.

That excuse is even worse than Valve's "We couldnt get it to work in L4D1" one. Sure MS is a terrible company, but that shouldn't affect us. It shouldn't affect us at all. Why is it that when Valve was given the problem that their console version of a game (TF2) was rubbish compared to the ever evolving PC version of a game, their solution was to give everyone the 'rubbish' version?

Screw the Xbox. If MS don't allow valve to expand the game then just expand the PC version until MS see sense. I don't get why L4D couldn't just have had all this L4D2 content as they were making it, and then release it on the Xbox once it was all out.

No excuse is good enough. And yes I will keep complaining.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-10-08 16:12:18)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I do.

That excuse is even worse than Valve's "We couldnt get it to work in L4D1" one. Sure MS is a terrible company, but that shouldn't affect us. It shouldn't affect us at all. Why is it that when Valve was given the problem that their console version of a game (TF2) was rubbish compared to the ever evolving PC version of a game, their solution was to give everyone the 'rubbish' version?

Screw the Xbox. If MS don't allow valve to expand the game then just expand the PC version until MS see sense. I don't get why L4D couldn't just have had all this L4D2 content as they were making it, and then release it on the Xbox once it was all out.

No excuse is good enough. And yes I will keep complaining.
It's all about the money.
Biiiig money that MS pays to get their crappy console going.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438
[video]http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pc-infected-left-4-dead/57480[/video]

Playing as the infected, pretty sick. Also the new smoker model looks awesome.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

yeah, the new smoker looks nice.  what's the piggyback special infected called?

edit: jockey, got it

Last edited by haffeysucks (2009-10-10 20:26:22)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6438

haffeysucks wrote:

Jockey. He works similar to the hunter but does less damage by himself and can't jump as far, but he can steer survivors into undesirable locations.
Brasso
+1,549|6600

haffeysucks wrote:

Jockey. He works similar to the hunter but does less damage by himself and can't jump as far, but he can steer survivors into undesirable locations.
such as into a witch?  not bad, not bad
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

haffeysucks wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

such as into a witch?  not bad, not bad
His laugh is annoying though
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5953|Perth, Australia
The game is shaping up to be incredibly awesome, but i'm still pissed off about it. The fact that they haven't announced any sort of a discount for l4d owners is also pretty shameful.

All of this is of course assuming i even want to play the watered down pg-13 version of the game.

FUCK YOU MICHAEL ATKINSON!!!
Brasso
+1,549|6600

Rod Foxx wrote:

The game is shaping up to be incredibly awesome, but i'm still pissed off about it. The fact that they haven't announced any sort of a discount for l4d owners is also pretty shameful.

All of this is of course assuming i even want to play the watered down pg-13 version of the game.

i thought it was banned outright in aussieland?
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

haffeysucks wrote:

Rod Foxx wrote:

i thought it was banned outright in aussieland?
Refused Classification =/= Banned
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6240
Anyway, Valve put an edited version to the classification board while the current one is under appeal, and the edited version was accepted.

So they're going to release the edited version in Aus, and if the classification people accept the old one, they'll update it in a patch to include the edited content.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5953|Perth, Australia

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

...they'll update it in a patch to include the edited content.
I never thought about that. Very cute.

I severely doubt the classification board will give it a rating. So this patch idea seems brilliant.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
I wonder if the Aussie version will have the exclusive Counterstrike weapons, like the edited German version does.

haffeysucks wrote:

he can steer survivors into undesirable locations.
such as into a witch?
Or down from the safety of a building, back into the horde.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard