FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Ideapads are definitely pretty top of the line.  And playing games on it is perfectly fine...
The "playing games" part was referring to Thinkpads
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Benzin
+576|6000
Yea, you can't game on Thinkpads really at all, but I don't game when I'm mobile, so it's all good for me.
FloppY_
­

CapnNismo wrote:

Yea, you can't game on Thinkpads really at all, but I don't game when I'm mobile, so it's all good for me.
I bought my VAIO thinking it could do a little gaming if needed, now I've realized how rarely I use it for that...

My next laptop will be a Thinkpad of some form..

Last edited by FloppY_ (2011-12-11 14:47:56)

Benzin
+576|6000
If I'm mobile, I don't like to carry a mouse with me, hence no gaming is really possible on that fact alone. The only time I've had a mouse if I know my girlfriend's laptop is the only computer I'll be using for longer than a weekend.
FloppY_
­

CapnNismo wrote:

If I'm mobile, I don't like to carry a mouse with me, hence no gaming is really possible on that fact alone. The only time I've had a mouse if I know my girlfriend's laptop is the only computer I'll be using for longer than a weekend.
I have a Lenovo Bluetooth Laser mouse in my laptop bag, it's handy, doesn't take up a USB slot and is pretty sweet compared to struggling with touchpads (some work just fine, others are nigh-unusable)
https://lh5.ggpht.com/-d_qrIkNumpE/SYhAzXlURpE/AAAAAAAABl0/AgJjJKxxbEM/ThinkPadBluetoothLaserMouse.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6738|Oxferd Ohire
i never use the touchpad on my laptop. i turned it off
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Benzin
+576|6000
Yea, but I don't want to have batteries. I hate batteries... If the mouse would have a cable like Microsoft's Sidewinder X8, then that's something different. I'll probably have to suck it up and get a mouse of some kind anyway, though, because I'll likely need one when working in my group programming projects that will begin in October 2012.

Winston_Churchill wrote:

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/09/hands-on-with-windows-8-a-tablet-operating-system-for-the-pc-age.ars

I don't know about you guys, but I'm totally psyched about Windows 8. Used the developer preview a bit on my system here and it works beautifully, just takes some getting used to.

Last edited by CapnNismo (2011-12-12 05:21:15)

FloppY_
­

CapnNismo wrote:

Yea, but I don't want to have batteries. I hate batteries... If the mouse would have a cable like Microsoft's Sidewinder X8, then that's something different. I'll probably have to suck it up and get a mouse of some kind anyway, though, because I'll likely need one when working in my group programming projects that will begin in October 2012.
I've used that bluetooth laser mouse for over 2 years now and it still doesn't need a battery change...

CapnNismo wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2011/09/hands-on-with-windows-8-a-tablet-operating-system-for-the-pc-age.ars

I don't know about you guys, but I'm totally psyched about Windows 8. Used the developer preview a bit on my system here and it works beautifully, just takes some getting used to.
I like how they added proper multi-monitor support, not sure about the new start menu though, have yet to try it out with the dev. preview...
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

CapnNismo wrote:

Logitech Performance Mouse MX - still the best mouse I've ever used, including my G5.  Wireless, lasts for 2 weeks easily on one charge and then  you just plug in the miniUSB, use it as a wired mouse as it charges for a couple hours and then you're back to a wireless mouse.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney
Quick iTunes question...

If I reformat my girlfriend's computer, can she re-download her purchased music?

Pretty sure that's a "yes" but I want to be 100% sure.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6476|Foothills of S. Carolina

Suddenly started getting driver kernel crashes on my 560. Checking the Nvidia forums, I see alot of people complaining, but nothing really to fix it other than uninstall and reinstall drivers. Anyone else having this issue?

Also noticed I have no Bios splash screen, just some codes in the bottom right corner before I see a Microsoft splash screen, then the windows 7 splash screen. And I am unable to change my resolution off of 1028x768.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Canin (2011-12-12 20:06:52)

Canin

SO apparently the EDID on my monitor is corrupt. Anyone have any experience flashing these? I have a few months left on an extended warranty too. Might see if they can fix it, or if not, I guess its time for a new monitor too....
Benzin
+576|6000

Jaekus wrote:

Quick iTunes question...

If I reformat my girlfriend's computer, can she re-download her purchased music?

Yes
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5180|Sydney

CapnNismo wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Quick iTunes question...

Yes
Thanks, karmaz...
Canin

SO, if anyone is curious, the signal that tells windows what monitor you are using, the EDID, is transmitted throught the DVI cable. If you end up with a weird screen resolution and your bios splash screen wont show, odds are the digital output on your monitor bit the dust. You have two options, get a new monitor, or swap to the analog output.

Figured I would pass this along since it whooped my butt a bit.
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P05NKG/

how much is this worth? i upgraded it to 4gb of ram and a 70gb ssd. it has been in a case since i got it and is in pretty much perfect condition

here it has some that are going for $800 or so. i only bought mine for $1k new in may of last yr. is it really still worth $800?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6633|949

ill buy it for $350
gurdeep
­
+812|4756|proll­y
$_$
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
Anti-virus and malwarebytes haven't picked anything up in a couple years... that worries me.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5751|شمال
AMD Pulls Radeon HD 7970 Launch to December 22

https://i.imgur.com/CoLk8.gif
In a surprising move, AMD pulled the launch date of Radeon HD 7970, a high-performance single-GPU graphics card based on the 28 nm Tahiti silicon, up to December 22, 2011; from its earlier launch date of January 09, 2012. The January date was a lot more than speculation, as older presentation slides from AMD to distributors and retailers talked specifically about it. The move to pull December 22 (next Thursday) spices things up in the run up for CES. First, it gives AIB partners full freedom to show off their custom-design graphics cards at the event, along with full details about GPU specifications and clock speeds.

According to a VR-Zone report, Radeon HD 7970 will launch on December 22, 2011, this will be the day you will be able to read reviews of the card (at least the AMD reference design board), online. It will be a limited launch (read: paper-launch), but one can expect "full" retail availability of the card by January 09. Another interesting bit of information is concerning the Radeon HD 7950. This card will be available in non-reference board designs from day one, it will however launch on January 09.

http://www.techpowerup.com/156876/AMD-P … er-22.html
ohh shii...
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Anti-virus and malwarebytes haven't picked anything up in a couple years... that worries me.
I dug up some backup disks from a few years ago while looking for a file.
Norton and MBAM found a few things they didn't find at the time the disks were written....
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Took the wife's Mac to the "Genius Bar" because she followed the directions of a prompt last night and it became a brick. Apparently, it scrambled the directory structure. Easily fixed by them, but it wouldn't boot.

And the "Genius" took my power cord.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6472
perhaps you should have remembered to take it back. genius.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6412|'Murka

Uzique wrote:

perhaps you should have remembered to take it back. genius.
A coworker of mine was in there with a similar problem, so I was distracted, talking to him and the Apple worker. Didn't notice it till I got home. Had a spare, anyway. Quit being such a cauc.

On another topic: took a power hit in the middle of upgrading Vista to Win7. I think I'm going to throw something through a wall before today is done.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
This is why I rebuild onto a new HD before doing most major things, installing operating systems over old operating systems is just guaranteed pain.

Which reminds me, should by a UPS, I think my company sells them so I can get them at factory gate price.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard