Poll

Svd?

Yes84%84% - 62
No15%15% - 11
Total: 73
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America
I want to know everyone's opinion on the SVD. Personally I think it sucks, but I have seen snipers in first place with it. Mainly on Kark of course.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
HSG
+23|6466|British Columbia, Canada
I dont like it on any map.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6613|Mhz

It's as good as all of the others once you get used to the fact the center of the scope isn't quite where it aims.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6461
It's good at shooting bullets at people but not much else.

I was disappointed that you couldn't use it like live preserver in case your boat dies.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6456|cuntshitlake

It's decent. Very good for karkand and sharq, worse than bolts for larger maps.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Hoot
+3|6451
If you are a noob who lacks any aiming skill you use it (or if you don't have any other sniper rifle unlocked). The only thing you hear on karkand is the clacking of MEC snipers using the SVD, and their claymores. So it is a "good" weapon if you suck at aiming.
aimless
+166|6117|Texas
It's better for close combat stuff than the other rifles.
edlT
2+2=Vagina
+46|5391|USA

Hoot wrote:

If you are a noob who lacks any aiming skill you use it (or if you don't have any other sniper rifle unlocked). The only thing you hear on karkand is the clacking of MEC snipers using the SVD, and their claymores. So it is a "good" weapon if you suck at aiming.
lol
ISortGlass
Banned
+2|5351
The SVD is pretty good. It's too bad there isn't a semi-automatic sniper rifle as an unlock.
Longbow
+163|6639|Odessa, Ukraine
SVD is good rifle, I personally find it fun to go all headshots with semi-auto rifles. SVD and T88 ftw!
alexb
<3
+590|5932|Kentucky, USA

Hoot wrote:

You're mistaken. The SVD requires skill to use.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6319|England

Hoot wrote:

Lmao....Mmk then.

Ontopic:
Any good sniper with the SVD will destroy with it. You don't need to reload between shots, meaning you can take on groups of infantry with no worries. 10 bullets per clip x 6 clips = potentially 60 headshots. Think of it that way That said, you will find some days it just isn't working, and the precision of a bolt action will do the job better. It's all about style of play too. If you're sitting back you may aswell use a bolty, but if your running round supporting your squad, it does a great job. It's not great over range though, it zooms less, and the sights are bollocks I'll always swap my M24 for an SVD if I get the opportunity.
Barrakuda777
+86|6729|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Best gun in the game.

imo
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6446|The Twilight Zone

DeathUnlimited wrote:

It's decent. Very good for karkand and sharq, worse than bolts for larger maps.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

Seems like the SVD is good for maps that are open but not too open.  Maps like Karkand, Great Wall, or Sharqi.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6316|Graz, Austria

killer21 wrote:

Seems like the SVD is good for maps that are open but not too open.  Maps like Karkand, Great Wall, or Sharqi.
I'm really wondering how you would smuggle the SVD into Great Wall...
Sambuccashake
+126|6603|Sweden
^Cross server shooting? 

Last edited by Sambuccashake (2009-09-24 05:48:44)

RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5448
You can take out squads with this rifle, and kill a guy be4 he can even react with 3 snapshots and some recoil / muzzle lift control. So is it good? No doubt.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5988
Playing sniper on BF2 is shit and boring.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6583|Reisterstown, MD

globefish23 wrote:

Oh damn, I meant Ghost Town, not Great Wall.  Was thinking about Great Wall from last night.  Sorry about That.
H3RB4L ABU53
+45|5860|123 | 456 | 789 | Δ

JakAttaK wrote:

Hoot wrote:

Lmao....Mmk then.

Ontopic:
Any good sniper with the SVD will destroy with it. You don't need to reload between shots, meaning you can take on groups of infantry with no worries. 10 bullets per clip x 6 clips = potentially 60 headshots. Think of it that way That said, you will find some days it just isn't working, and the precision of a bolt action will do the job better. It's all about style of play too. If you're sitting back you may aswell use a bolty, but if your running round supporting your squad, it does a great job. It's not great over range though, it zooms less, and the sights are bollocks I'll always swap my M24 for an SVD if I get the opportunity.
I couldn't agree more, I love the M24 but if I kill a MEC I will always pick up the SVD to confuse the enemy with the sound of it, it is 1 of the best guns in the game, better than the type 88 imo the sights seem more reliable, a lot of people shoot it like an assault rifle in single shot aiming for the body but headshots are easy and consistent if you let the recoil settle down after each shot, definately feels like you're cheating a bit it feels too easy especially if you're behind cover and most of the enemy team are coming for you, you can easily headshot them all without them getting a hit in.
Like Jakattak said there does sometimes seem to be servers or days where it doesn't seem as accurate as it normally is, and it can be good for long(ish) range, just the better zoom and more damage and accuracy of bolt actions make them obviously better long range, SVD is pretty unbeatable close to mid range though because of how accurate it is for headshots (100% accurate on first shot unlike assault rifles) and the fact you don't need to reload after each shot, you can no scope it when you're standing face to face wit someone and have a good chance of killing them by spamming it as well

Last edited by H3RB4L ABU53 (2009-09-24 12:36:25)

Wizrdwarts
+1|5326

globefish23 wrote:

killer21 wrote:

Type 88 is the same thing anyways.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5743|شمال
Yes
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6149|Vancouver | Canada

Hoot wrote:

I bet you think the AWP is a "noob weapon" too.
TopSoulMan
+3|5332
I like the SVD !

It's a good rifle in certain situations. Especially for hyper players...... If you like to shoot a lot with a kit you shouldn't be shooting so much, choose the SVD.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard