stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6690|California

what is your favorite place to hide? i personally like to hide inside a jeep, but not actuallly IN it, ie not pressing E, just proning in the back, whats your favorite place?
tvmissleman
The Cereal Killer
+201|6628| United States of America
any where theres no combat
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6627|Arlington, MA
AA turrent in Wake, well not rlly hiding just generaly safe
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6818|San Francisco

Beneath the carrier. Though I have yet to try this in an actual game, it would certainly be a fantastic place to command from.
D-Klaus
+1|6659
I usually always hide by my assets somewhere.  Often times, out in the open even works as long as you're prone and not moving..... at all.  Rarely have I ever been 'spotted' and killed when I am in hiding.... but then again, I don't have much time as commander at all.
wrath2210
Web/h0mE
+0|6641
on g defense
airborne916
+24|6635
i stay in bunkers or on the carrer.
DSRTurtle
+56|6656
Depends on the map and situation.  Sometimes out in the open is great.  Sometimes other places.  Some maps don't have good hiding places at all.  You have to be creative and move them from time to time.  I have seen some commanders hiding in places I would never have thought of myself.  I usually won't tie up a vehicle or defensive position but sometimes it's needed and sometimes it can be done without inhibiting the rest of the team.
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6670|MoVal So-Cal
near the arty so it can be defended
aslpride
+6|6633
I usually hide in rocks and choose sniper as my weapon. When I see enemy closing to me by 100 meters. I kill them using sniper gun.
CANADIAN_rocker
+0|6716|CANADA
i just hide in my closet
WormGuts
+17|6764|Dayton, Ohio
it mostly depends upon the map...however, i try to keep a roof over my head to prevent the enemy commander from dropping arty on my head.  it's very very funny when you hear several arty rounds drop over your head.  knowing the enemy commander didn't zoom inwith his 'Sat' to see you were in a building.

hopefully this is also near to my assets.  i try to always be an engineer when commanding so that i don't have to bother my squads to repair my assets.  yes i know you can use a supply drop to repair them, but that only provides the person who blew them up with more c4 to do the job again, while also taking the drop box from your troops.  i also find the jackhammer to be adequit defense for my self and my assets since i can typically notice people attempting to get to my assets.

Last edited by WormGuts (2006-02-07 16:22:36)

Umbra Acciptris
+1|6725
undersomthing, under a building, under an overhanging roof, somthing.  I know I still show up on a generic heat scan, but the enemy commander cannot arty me.  nor can he tell a random spec ops when I turn arround so he can shoot me. . . (both of which I have done to enemy commanders)
x0pht
+0|6707
depends on the maps.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6799|Grapevine, TX

tF-voodoochild wrote:

Beneath the carrier. Though I have yet to try this in an actual game, it would certainly be a fantastic place to command from.
Good, the force is strong with you, No try. Do you will see.
NPN_Scorpio
+2|6652|King's Island
It all depends, but...

If I command a good team with many functioning squads I choose a good artillery-safe spot to hide, not too far from the commander assets. When all my gizmos are recycling I move to another spot, to make it less obvious to the enemy commander which of the red dots on his scan is me.

If enemy sabotage/assassination squads keep appearing I tend to relocate to somewhere in friendly territory, using the nearest buggy/ATV/jeep/boat. Spending too much time defending myself or respawning interferes with telling the team what the reds are up to.

Once in a blue moon there happens to be a good engineer who more or less assigns himself to patrol/repair/bodyguard duty. Kudos! I give him a few supply crates (away from the assets, I don't want to rob him of repair points) to help him rearm and stay alive.

When the tea-leaves tell me that the enemy commander is sleeping or AWOL, the best place to hide is near the edge *behind* the enemy's back flags. Not much traffic there: all the point-hungry lone wolves and Rambo squads rush to "the front". This is even safer if that flag is an uncap: it's not "worth" defending, point-wise. Needless to say, I leave all their shiny, freshly spawned stuff alone, or they come looking for me there.

Then again, if we are winning by a wide margin aginst a klutzy team I might pull a few pranks on them. C4 some vehicles and let them drive off, then press the button as they are halfway across the map. It helps if I can grab a chopper, fly it home and give it to my boys: the yellow C4 kill message more or less tells the driver exactly where I rigged his ride. Not many (sane) commanders run around as spec ops blowing up tanks at the front.

So now you know where to find me. Oh well...
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6627|Arlington, MA

Pernicious544 wrote:

you coming out of that closet?

eww ur grose dont talk ur gey
elite
+89|6684|Sheffield, England
i dont hide, i either go in a jeep, tow, or aa gun, rank up the hours on those
ModestFire
+0|6660

sniper2191 wrote:

Pernicious544 wrote:

you coming out of that closet?

eww ur grose dont talk ur gey
Hah, and the maturity level raises once again, but yeah near my assests when command so I can kill guys coming towards them or repair them if there destroyed. On Daqing you can hide in the trees pretty good.
Stags
+26|6626
Depends on the map of course, but I like hiding in the rocks... there's a really good on in Karkand but I'm not telling you were or on what side.  Also, I like hiding there when I'm a squad leader and we're raiding the enemy base I love spec ops special squads.

Anyways, then there is another favorite, random little islands... or places that have only one way to get to.
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6686
any place with a roof... I hate having my concentration ruined by an artillery barage
sniper2191
Banned
+-1|6627|Arlington, MA
At karkand the best is 2 stay near ur assesory machines with enginere gun, preferebly the one from SF since its not a shoty
leighto
+1|6687|Australia
i try to command either on a mounted mg or an AA so i get hours on those. either that or i just hide in a building.
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6709|Finland
I don't hide, I'm commander in our clan so when I'm not hiding I can learn something (well not really but at least it's better than just hiding somewhere )
OuTeR_DiMeNsIoN15
+-1|6635|Montreal, Quebec, Canada
depends on the maps.
     same for me but useally ill go where no one expects me to go.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard