killaer
+41|6716
2142 is really lame with the delay...but now they put it in BF2 after it's been out for 4 freaking years. So what's up with that? is it any good? Has anyone tried playing with it?
Sambuccashake
+126|6609|Sweden

killaer wrote:

2142 is really lame with the delay...
I disagree.
Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine

killaer wrote:

2142 is really lame with the delay...but now they put it in BF2 after it's been out for 4 freaking years. So what's up with that? is it any good? Has anyone tried playing with it?
2142 is way better, and soldiers shooting while crounching look way more realistic then bunch of vBF2 dolphins.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6467
It's much, much less extreme than in BF2142.

Same principle though, but the deviation corrects itself so quickly that it'll have gone away by the time you've hit the ground with most weapons.

Pistols have less time before full correction than LMGs, which correct faster than Carbines, who correct faster than SMGs who correct faster than ARs.

I'm not totally sure about sniper rifles but from some testing they seem to be pretty close to SMGs.

Also LMGs, Pistols and most Carbines are corrected by the time you are fully in the prone position.

Also as Longbow said, you can always just crouch, in CQC you don't need the accuracy that much and at longer ranges it takes a good amount of time to acquire shots so it's not a big problem there either.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2009-09-01 11:14:22)

killaer
+41|6716
Well, that's comforting at least. I just can't stand going prone and sitting there for 5 seconds while my enemy pisses all over me
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6462|cuntshitlake

I tend to laugh at anyone that says anything about realism when talking about BF2
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467

killaer wrote:

Well, that's comforting at least. I just can't stand going prone and sitting there for 5 seconds while my enemy pisses all over me
Yeah, the prone dev in 2142 is much bigger and longer than the prone dev in 1.5.
Oisín<3
>rush.Irishpride
+139|5425|Dublin, Ireland

DeathUnlimited wrote:

I tend to laugh at anyone that says anything about realism when talking about BF2
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6842|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Haven't tried it yet, but anything that reduces prome spamming should be good tbh.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6529

its stupid as shit. I have to basically completely change the way i've played this game for the past 4 years.....
Cute.Nemean^inf
+70|6324|The Netherlands

farmerfez wrote:

its stupid as shit. I have to basically completely change the way i've played this game for the past 4 years.....
This.. epic fail patch spotted.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5998|Aberdeen, Scotland

farmerfez wrote:

Maybe that's not a bad thing, pronespamming players always seem to be fairly poor...
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6529

MrAnderson wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

Maybe that's not a bad thing, pronespamming players always seem to be fairly poor...
No they where the best that's why noobs complained about getting raped by truly good players and they complained to EA and we get this shit patch lol.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6131|Scotland!

farmerfez wrote:

MrAnderson wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

No they where the best that's why noobs complained about getting raped by truly good players and they complained to EA and we get this shit patch lol.
maybe the best on public, but pronespammers generally are pretty shit.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5998|Aberdeen, Scotland

I'm Jamesey wrote:

maybe the best on public, but pronespammers generally are pretty shit.
QFT...they're the folk who think they are ace because they can beat a rival insta-proner, while anyone who actually moves can dance all over them...

The best bit is when you shoot them with a SRAW, and they still dive to the ground
Longbow
+163|6645|Odessa, Ukraine

DeathUnlimited wrote:

Visual realism =//= realism in general
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6467
I starting to like it, because now you gotta think as to whether you should prone or crouch. Before it was just insta prone each time, but now you gotta take into account your weapon, position, range, number of enemies, and whether or not you've been spotted.
Jean_Peste_tu?
Yes I Do
+44|6619|Auteuil, Laval
I can't, well I still can but...
The button on my mouse is not working anymore.  Is that what they were thinking about prone delay?  lol
I need to think to hit 'z' key now. 
As a sniper you often prone in some areas.  You also prone behind sandbag walls after a small bullet spray so the target you aimed does not see you.
Anyway probably a way to bring that button to work again, I just got used to it.
BTW I relaoded the game a couple of times to see if it would work again but no luck, it's in the controls, set-up seems correct.
Not sure for now will look into it.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6706|67.222.138.85
When it used to take me maybe 4-8 bullets to drop an enemy, now it takes about 15. My aim didn't get any worse.

If I was starting to play this game for the first time, I would probably only use prone in a surprise attack kind of fashion. As it is it breaks the whole flow of infantry for me.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6529

this patch made the movement way too linear for bf2.....

Its so predictable now
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6666

farmerfez wrote:

this patch made the movement way too linear for bf2.....

Its so predictable now
How so?  You mean you actually have to use cover instead of hit box tricks now?
RoaringJet[FIN]
+16|5454
o wut is diz my jump + prone tactik wount kill nebody, i shall go whian to bf2s forums nuw

Maybe this change will reduce the amount of RPK-76 users... God I hate them
Lai
+186|6150

Cute.Nemean^inf wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

Epic fail playing styles spotted.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Lai wrote:

Cute.Nemean^inf wrote:

farmerfez wrote:

Epic fail playing styles spotted.
This.. epic inability to adapt or change playing styles spotted.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6452|The Twilight Zone

farmerfez wrote:

that's odd cos I had to change my gaming style every year since every patch fucked the game more
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard