C. LCR-9C 5.56x4512%12% - 8
D. Talon PDW28%28% - 18
E. USMC M9A 5.7mm20%20% - 13
Total: 64
Ioan92
+337|5734

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

FACT: When not deployed, the supposed foregrip impacts the trigger guard and makes firing impossible but for those with the tiniest of fingers, despite the fact this could have been averted by moving it forward only slightly.
I figure the retracted foregrip could double as a safety, making extension imperative prior to use. Dunno how functional that sounds really, but pressing one button isn't that big a deal eh?

FACT: The highest part of the pistol grip is obstructed by whatever the hell that thing is, making one stretch the index finger to even reach the trigger.
Fair point, doubt it would interfere too much though due to the compactness of the gun itself.

FACT: Near the stock there is a rail attachment and handguard, which I must assume were added purely for looks because they have no business back there.
I guess the sight that is right above the trigger is supposed to be attached to the foregrip or something, but still don't know what it's doing there. There also seems to be a rear, middle and front sight on the top, but since you made it, I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to be.
You are correct, they're there for aesthetic purposes.

Ioan92 wrote:

Noobs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_pistol

zing

The Talon's place is in the pistol section.
What exactly makes my weapon a pistol? And again, a PDW is not limited to an smg or a machine pistol.
I'd say the simple fact that it is easily concealable / has a very small ammo cartridge and has a S/B/A fire mode.

It would most likely win pistols too.

Sub machine guns are simply larger and hard to conceal. They also have at least 30 bullets. While the PDW may use AR rounds while preserving the size of the SMG and adding accuracy and stooping power.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6838|Lithuania
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6753|FUCK UBISOFT

Ioan92 wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

FACT: When not deployed, the supposed foregrip impacts the trigger guard and makes firing impossible but for those with the tiniest of fingers, despite the fact this could have been averted by moving it forward only slightly.
I figure the retracted foregrip could double as a safety, making extension imperative prior to use. Dunno how functional that sounds really, but pressing one button isn't that big a deal eh?

FACT: The highest part of the pistol grip is obstructed by whatever the hell that thing is, making one stretch the index finger to even reach the trigger.
Fair point, doubt it would interfere too much though due to the compactness of the gun itself.

FACT: Near the stock there is a rail attachment and handguard, which I must assume were added purely for looks because they have no business back there.
I guess the sight that is right above the trigger is supposed to be attached to the foregrip or something, but still don't know what it's doing there. There also seems to be a rear, middle and front sight on the top, but since you made it, I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to be.
You are correct, they're there for aesthetic purposes.

Ioan92 wrote:

Noobs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_pistol

zing

The Talon's place is in the pistol section.
What exactly makes my weapon a pistol? And again, a PDW is not limited to an smg or a machine pistol.
I'd say the simple fact that it is easily concealable / has a very small ammo cartridge and has a S/B/A fire mode.

It would most likely win pistols too.

Sub machine guns are simply larger and hard to conceal. They also have at least 30 bullets. While the PDW may use AR rounds while preserving the size of the SMG and adding accuracy and stooping power.
What's an Uzi?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Ioan92
+337|5734

Miggle wrote:

What's an Uzi?
Both. It has the ammo capacity of an SMG and the mobility of an MP.

(link explains it)
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6725|Purplicious Wisconsin
M436. Talon is way too impractical with the foregrip.

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Two of those are carbines.
For fucksakes man, shut the fuck up. Some carbines can be classified as PDW's. Ever heard of the Knights Armaments PDW. That uses a 6mm rifle round, and oh look it's a PDW.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6644

War Man wrote:

For fucksakes man, shut the fuck up.
You make me laugh, ahah. How do you get pissed over a gaming forum, and a bunch of gun drawings?
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6656
voted B
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6480

War Man wrote:

For fucksakes man, shut the fuck up. Some carbines can be classified as PDW's. Ever heard of the Knights Armaments PDW. That uses a 6mm rifle round, and oh look it's a PDW.
The KAC PDW's round is a full centimeter shorter than the 5.56 NATO.

Also it's 6x35mm round is the longest round of any PDW by a whole 5 millimeters.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2009-08-21 15:01:42)

Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6642|New Hampshire, USA
We can all stop arguing.  The Talon is an SMG and a PDW and it is staying in this section.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Ioan92
+337|5734

War Man wrote:

The KAC PDW's round is a full centimeter shorter than the 5.56 NATO
So I guess the the G36K is a PDW then eh?
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5411
warman is like that electric bug zapper.  ya'll just fly right into it.
Ioan92
+337|5734

Red Forman wrote:

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6480

Ioan92 wrote:

War Man wrote:

It is by the same standards that the LCR-9C and Sm436pdws are.
Ioan92
+337|5734

Ioan92 wrote:

The G36K is pretty much a fully sized Carbine, those two in here are not. Mine at least is too short to be a carbine. I think its its own category though...

SCR (Short Carbine Rifle)
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6234|Escea

Red Forman wrote:

lold
lavadisk
I am a cat ¦ 3
+369|6841|Denver colorado
pewpew
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6338|Australia

Ioan92 wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

How do you know they fire AR ammo? It could be using it's own proprietary AP ammo. As said earlier, we're using a limited creation tool here so we can't make entirely new parts - such as special magazines.
My SMG was using an AR magazine. My shotgun uses an M16 mag, and my flamethrower is being fed by an ammo drum for an RPK. Use you imagina(aaaaaaaa)tion a bit, dude. Just because it looks like it, doesn't mean it is.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6786|Noizyland

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

We can all stop arguing.  The Talon is an SMG and a PDW and it is staying in this section.
Might I add for future reference that if a weapon is accepted into a category it is legitimate for that category. If you feel that it's not then instead of starting an unneccesary bitchfight, just don't vote for it. Simple. If enough people feel the same way then it won't win.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6725|Purplicious Wisconsin

Ioan92 wrote:

War Man wrote:

Not too sure about the G36k but a G36C counts as a PDW in my opinion.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6642|New Hampshire, USA
Close please
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6523|Gold Coast
Talon looks kickass.

Reasons are above and previous.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard