Hakei
Banned
+295|5965
MUSLIM crime victims could gain the right to have their cases overseen by police from their own religion, it emerged last night.

Police in London already give victims the right to ask for a Sikh officer to be involved in an investigation but the scheme could be introduced for other religions elsewhere.

Chief Supt Joanna Young, from the Met’s Criminal Justice Policy Unit, said: “If it’s a success, I would encourage the other (police) associations to do likewise.”

The project is intended to help investigate “honour” killings and forced marriages but Metropolitan Police Federation chairman Peter Smyth said: “We’re stretched thin enough already. Are Sikh officers going to have their rotas changed so there’s always one on duty?

“It’s political correctness gone mad. We talking about the creation of a separate force within a force.”

But Palbinder Singh, chairman of the Metropolitan Police Sikh Association, said: “I don’t believe a white officer is ever going to be fully conversant with a Sikh.”
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/115 … own-police

Last edited by Hakei (2009-07-24 18:47:11)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
Wait wat, there's one line about Muslims and then the rest talks about Sikhs, but:

Palbinder Singh, chairman of the Metropolitan Police Sikh Association, said: “I don’t believe a white officer is ever going to be fully conversant with a Sikh.”
This guy's assumptions of his own community/religion and that of others is stupid. it's stuff like that, that annoys me. How people just go and assume that people don't like this or that, and so things must change and everyone must be separate. What's the difference between doing this and having something like Apertheid?

It's all still racial and religious segregation, except now it's being done in the name of er.....Political Correctness instead of true Racism.

The world is a funny place.

In the attempt of trying to make things easier for "ethnic/religious minorities", people need to realise that shit like this only makes things worse. IMO.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA
special interest
special treatment
special rights.

inch by inch.

can't wait to hear the barrage of excuses and "so whats" that come down from this bullshit.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
FUCK NO!

In the attempt of trying to make things easier for "ethnic/religious minorities", people need to realize that shit like this only makes things worse. IMO.
You have to make laws that are for EVERYONE. Fuck these stupid politicians and special interests.

Last edited by Stubbee (2009-07-24 19:37:47)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
To be fair they have 2 sets of laws in a lot of muslim countries... One for locals and one for immigrants... (sarcasm)
   What ever happened to assimilation?  Respecting the laws of where you live....
Or you are welcome to head back to where the laws are to your liking... That's not too much to ask.
Love is the answer
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
What the hell thread/article is this?

Can they not distinguish between Muslims and Sikhs?!

Last edited by Spark (2009-07-24 21:21:22)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
I can't see the problem. It is very obvious and not that hard to understand.

....I really cant see what the fuzz is all about.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Have no problem with Sikh officers but as so as it's for other religions, "oh no that includes Muslims!"

omglol
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
Lol it's true racism either way. Racist groups would want to seperate the races in whatever way possible, now it's even easier with poltical correction.

Kinda like why White Supremecist groups would want to support the teachings of ebonics at schools, to further seperate blacks from whites.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Beduin
+510|5720|شمال

Cybargs wrote:

Kinda like why White Supremecist groups would want to support the teachings of ebonics at schools, to further seperate blacks from whites.
I would like to see how this relates to OP?`
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

Have no problem with Sikh officers but as so as it's for other religions, "oh no that includes Muslims!"

omglol
Of course you have no problem with special rights, special interest. I mean an honor killing ( fucking murder), SHOULD have special consideration with someone investigating it who understands and is sympathetic to the need for such killings.
Beduin
+510|5720|شمال

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

omglol
Of course you have no problem with special rights, special interest. I mean an honor killing ( fucking murder), SHOULD have special consideration with someone investigating it who understands and is sympathetic to the need for such killings.
You are saying that muslim/sikh officers are not educated according the british police standards. Funny you know that.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Beduin wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

omglol
You are saying that muslim/sikh officers are not educated according the british police standards. Funny you know that.
nope I am saying it is funny that you need someone "special" to investigate a fucking murder under "special" circumstances for "special" consideration..

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-25 03:08:57)

Red Forman
Banned
+402|5370
Londonistan
Beduin
+510|5720|شمال

lowing wrote:

nope I am saying it is funny that you need someone "special" to investigate a fucking murder under "special" circumstances for "special" consideration..
It is called efficiency. The bonus's are excluding any misunderstandings that may occur in complex cases.
You are sending a person that know how to talk and how to act with certain groups, because he/she has the same roots.

lowing I think you will understand if I say : No one will yell RACISM when the police shows up.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6433|cuntshitlake

lowing wrote:

Beduin wrote:

lowing wrote:

They wouldn't be there to ease up the punishment to those criminals, but rather make it easier to understand the motives for example and thus speed up the process of investigating. This wouldn't be harmful, but making it obligatory to have such officer in every case sounds ridiculous as well. As if the police forces weren't "running low on reinforcements" already.

Last edited by DeathUnlimited (2009-07-25 03:28:53)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5370
Don't argue with these euros lowing.  They thought Obama was a good idea and did everything they could to convince us of that.  That should explain it all.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Beduin wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is called efficiency. The bonus's are excluding any misunderstandings that may occur in complex cases.
You are sending a person that know how to talk and how to act with certain groups, because he/she has the same roots.

lowing I think you will understand if I say : No one will yell RACISM when the police shows up.
nooooooooooo, it is called special consideration. Your special groups shouldn't need special investigators who know how to "talk" or "act" with them. The people in question should already be conformed to the society in which they live, not have special police unit dedicated to serving them, their needs, or their circumstances.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

lowing wrote:

The people in question should already be conformed to the society in which they live, not have special police unit dedicated to serving them, their needs, or their circumstances.
I agree with this, if you want to come to my country you can conform, not me.
And I don't want to see any ethnic ghettoes either.

Edit: Unless there are curry restaurants.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2009-07-25 03:45:16)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

DeathUnlimited wrote:

lowing wrote:

Beduin wrote:

They wouldn't be there to ease up the punishment to those criminals, but rather make it easier to understand the motives for example and thus speed up the process of investigating. This wouldn't be harmful, but making it obligatory to have such officer in every case sounds ridiculous as well. As if the police forces weren't "running low on reinforcements" already.
and exactly why would anyone see the need to understand an honor killing outside the fact that it was one? It is murder, deserving of no special religious consideration, unless of course we are going to all of a sudden allow sacrifices on the alter.

Last edited by lowing (2009-07-25 03:48:32)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

The people in question should already be conformed to the society in which they live, not have special police unit dedicated to serving them, their needs, or their circumstances.

Edit: Unless there are curry restaurants.
TWICE!!!???
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

omglol
Of course you have no problem with special rights, special interest. I mean an honor honour killing ( fucking murder), SHOULD have special consideration with someone investigating it who understands and is sympathetic better able to ascertain the motives and carry out an intensive investigation to the need abhorent behaviour exhibited in for such killings.
fix't

Even you should be able to understand how a well trained police officer is better able to catch a criminal...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Beduin
+510|5720|شمال

Dilbert_X wrote:

... you can conform, not me.
It is not you my dear. It is a police matter on how to solve problems. You are not mentioned. You can do whatever you want.

lowing wrote:

Serving them? their needs?

Beduin wrote:

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Red Forman
Banned
+402|5370

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Damn skippy.

Keep your shanty towns in your turd world countries.

Last edited by Red Forman (2009-07-25 03:57:25)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6621|USA

AussieReaper wrote:

lowing wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

omglol
Of course you have no problem with special rights, special interest. I mean an honor honour killing ( fucking murder), SHOULD have special consideration with someone investigating it who understands and is sympathetic better able to ascertain the motives and carry out an intensive investigation to the need abhorent behaviour exhibited in for such killings.
fix't

Even you should be able to understand how a well trained police officer is better able to catch a criminal...
the police are already well trained, is the need to "understand" the circumstances outside of the fact that the person was murdered in the name of a religion really all that important? Is that knowledge supposed to bring some special considersation to the investigation, orthe punishent?  If not then why bother? The answer however, I believe is to be yes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard