unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

So WW2 is cliche. Who cares? I don't think there'll ever be an end to games based on one era or the other. I mean...we can't all go to 2142.
I wouldn't mind another attempt at C&C Generals, this time with a bit more effort put into story...with full-motion video. There was nothing really wrong with the gameplay itself, in my opinion.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6520|so randum
gameplay in generals was aaaammmazing tbh
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6792|PNW

FatherTed wrote:

gameplay in generals was aaaammmazing tbh
I liked the feel of the units, but I modded Chinese infantry to spawn in (angry mob) clusters.

(3:50 for epic music )

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2009-07-21 13:23:02)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6695|Canberra, AUS
apparently they're redoing a lot.

i'm hearing talk of "classes", apparently base building is gone replaced by something called a "Crawler". from what i can gather, it's a cross between supcom's acu, the mcv and the epic units. (it was westwood's idea originally)

i also see the kodiak or something like it back and heard of talk of the mammoth mk II again.

it seems that ea is pulling out everything bar the kitchen sink for this one. really does look like the end, if gdi and nod get so desperate as to use 40 year old equipment. looks good though.

and i've heard a rumour that there will be NO drm. which would be good if so.

trailer tomorrow/day after.

Last edited by Spark (2009-07-23 06:02:26)

The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6558|Long Island, New York
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6489
So LEGION ended up saving the Tacitus after all.

I guess that means that Nod is going to have more Scrin-esque tech like CABAL did in Firestorm.
Spark
+874|6695|Canberra, AUS
The counter on the commandandconquer.com website still shows 18 hours (and that video doesn't appear)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6364
Holy Cocks!!
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spark
+874|6695|Canberra, AUS
I give EA big kudos for one thing though: PC exclusive, a rarity nowadays. Good on them for not throwing the PC in the secondary dustbin as too many devs do.
~ Richard Feynman
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6243|Escea

Zomgawd! Kane working with GDI? Shenanigans are afoot!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6489

Spark wrote:

I give EA big kudos for one thing though: PC exclusive, a rarity nowadays. Good on them for not throwing the PC in the secondary dustbin as too many devs do.
EA said not too long ago that the PC is pulling ahead of the consoles and that they will make more PC exclusives.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6290

Spark wrote:

There is no DRM because you need to be online AT ALL TIMES to play the game, even just Singleplayer.

Which is a shame because I usually use the C&C games as some fun singleplayer backup for when the net is down and I can't play online games.

M.O.A.B wrote:

He has a proposition

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2009-07-24 09:38:46)

Ioan92
+337|5743

M.O.A.B wrote:

He finally got his mind back.

/facepalm

Stupid Kane!
Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6455

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Spark wrote:

There is no DRM because you need to be online AT ALL TIMES to play the game, even just Singleplayer.

Which is a shame because I usually use the C&C games as some fun singleplayer backup for when the net is down and I can't play online games.
It's because your XP is persistent be it singleplayer or online. If you could be offline for XP you'd see a trainer first day to get the top rank and then go online and take the benefits. Let's face it though if you don't have an online connection you probably don't have a computer that can run it anyway.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6290
Well as I said most of the time it won't be an issue, but since I live in the middle of the country in Scotland, the internet isn't exactly reliable.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6840
cnc4, meh

give me coh2 plz
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6290
Bad news on the C&C front.

http://kotaku.com/5401542/rumor-eas-cut … axis--more

Sources tell Kotaku that the team working on Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight was warned of its fate today, with almost the entire team expected to be let go after the real-time strategy game ships some time in 2010.
Looks like EA isn't expecting much from them. Or maybe they came to the conclusion that a developer team that makes PC centric games just isn't worth holding onto these days. Either way, an entire developer team being let go is never a good thing.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6364

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Bad news on the C&C front.

http://kotaku.com/5401542/rumor-eas-cut … axis--more

Sources tell Kotaku that the team working on Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight was warned of its fate today, with almost the entire team expected to be let go after the real-time strategy game ships some time in 2010.
Looks like EA isn't expecting much from them. Or maybe they came to the conclusion that a developer team that makes PC centric games just isn't worth holding onto these days. Either way, an entire developer team being let go is never a good thing.
Somehow America´s Army 3 comes to mind...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Spark
+874|6695|Canberra, AUS
That's not good. They had tried something completely different for this and I was interested to see whether they had pulled it off or not.
~ Richard Feynman
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5529|America
Kane needs moar fire units.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard