GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5903|CA
A trip to the local coffee shop inspired me this morning.  As I waited in line, I witnessed a mother ordering with a 3 year old human child attached to her arm.  After she placed her order, she then proceeded to ask her offspring what she wanted, down to every minute detail.  The process lasted about 4 or 5 minutes in total, as the kid changed it mind on the chocolate drink and pastry combination several times, allowing the line to fill up to 10 people or so.  I watched in annoyed silence.

After receiving the order, the human child then thanked her loving mother by nutting the fuck up over some trivial detail with the pastry.  I'm talking bat shit crazy here.  The mother dealt with the child in a calm, reasonable manner.  This further enraged the child, causing the fit to escalate to a full on retard style riot.  The mother turned toward the crowd watching the hysterics and gave one of those "What do ya do?" style shoulder shrugs.

The answer came immediately to mind, for me anyway:  roundhouse kick to the face.

In this instant, I reflected upon my own upbringing.  Back in my day, a healthy degree of fear prompted something seemingly unknown to today's generation.  It was called respect, an abstract concept by today's standards.  In today's age of entitlement it seems that fewer and fewer children can grasp this concept, and we all must suffer as a result.

In the 80's, a swift punch to the throat was considered good parenting.  Now the liberals call it child abuse.  The effect is that fewer parents engage in such behavior, and the "time out" has replaced the throat punch.  When I was a kid, a "time out" was a reward for endless hours of chores and attentive schooling.  Now this is regarded as a punishment.

In addition, the main stream media has perpetuated several myths in regards to children and parenting.  This has caused an over abundance of negative backlash from today's kids.  Some of these myths include:

1.  Children are innocent.  FALSE.  Children are lying assholes.  Try to find an adult who lies as much as even the most honest five year old on the planet.  It can not be done.

2.  Newborns are beautiful.  FALSE.  This creepy alien looking bastards with over sized heads look like an early human design gone horribly wrong.  They bitch constantly and smell like dung.  This myth is a diaper load of shit.

3.  A child's love is love in it's purest form.  FALSE.  Children are the most manipulative, conniving people on the planet.  These little bastards make crackheads look pure and loyal by comparison.

4.  Children are our future.  TRUE.  Everyone duck, incoming holocaust.

So, how do we, as responsible parents correct such ludicrous behaviors?  We need to turn to the teachings of Ceasar Millan.  Rules, boundaries, and discipline.  Enforce them, and stop being self righteous pussies.  The next time they act up, give them a loving back hand or caring leg sweep.  Otherwise, the terrorists have already won.

Thank you.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6546|London
gravydan for president
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6479

GravyDan wrote:

Everyone duck, incoming holocaust.

<3 you Gravy
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
This child was certainly not human!1

My father hit me when I was a kid but I always deserved it. I have a really nice attitude towards other people in RL in fact today my female co-worker told me how nice I am all the time and how well mannered I am. Gotta thank my parents for that, am really proud of them.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
mikkel
+383|6572
I would've kicked the baby back into the womb after two minutes. I admire your patience.

Srsly, though, I can't see how physical violence can instil respect in any sort if way. Intimidation and fear, yes, but not respect. I'm sure there are many kids who only respond to this sort of stuff, but I'll be damned if I'll be hitting my kid when time comes for one of those. I don't see value in teaching children that having your way is but a "punch to the throat" away. It's evident everywhere, including on these forums, that some kids just can't handle that.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6603

mikkel wrote:

I would've kicked the baby back into the womb after two minutes. I admire your patience.

Srsly, though, I can't see how physical violence can instil respect in any sort if way. Intimidation and fear, yes, but not respect. I'm sure there are many kids who only respond to this sort of stuff, but I'll be damned if I'll be hitting my kid when time comes for one of those. I don't see value in teaching children that having your way is but a "punch to the throat" away. It's evident everywhere, including on these forums, that some kids just can't handle that.
Most kids aren't scared of their parents these days. Don't you think that's a bit wrong?
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6732

Aries_37 wrote:

gravydan for president
mikkel
+383|6572

Gooners wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Most kids aren't scared of their parents these days. Don't you think that's a bit wrong?
Can't say that I do. I don't see fear as a positive thing. I see the problem with youth today being apathetic parenting, rather than a lack of violence and intimidation that so many people are eager to claim. It's still possible to be stern without being violent.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6603

mikkel wrote:

Gooners wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Can't say that I do. I don't see fear as a positive thing. I see the problem with youth today being apathetic parenting, rather than a lack of violence and intimidation that so many people are eager to claim. It's still possible to be stern without being violent.
I don't mean scared as in the child doesn't not want to be around their own parent, rather that they are scared of the consequences of doing something wrong. A parent that's soft with their child will let them off, and the child never learns consequences.

You're grounded!

OH MY GOD FUCK YOU MOM DON'T CONFINE ME TO MY 5 STAR BEDROOM
mikkel
+383|6572

Gooners wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Gooners wrote:

I don't mean scared as in the child doesn't not want to be around their own parent, rather that they are scared of the consequences of doing something wrong. A parent that's soft with their child will let them off, and the child never learns consequences.

You're grounded!

If that's your perception of how to raise a child in a non-violent way, I can see how it wouldn't work for you.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6603

mikkel wrote:

Gooners wrote:

mikkel wrote:

You're grounded!

If that's your perception of how to raise a child in a non-violent way, I can see how it wouldn't work for you.
lolz nah m8 You're taking me wrong, I can't really explain it tbh.
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5691|Gulf Coast

Aries_37 wrote:

gravydan for president
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6656|Espoo, Finland
Gravydan is an idiot.
Seriously, it's not hard to beat a 3 year old in their games. How stupid do you have to be not to be able to raise a kid with out beating him?

Tells something about your mental health when you get the urge to beat someone elses kid to be honest.

Last edited by Gawwad (2009-07-11 13:45:56)

justice
OctoPoster
+978|6712|OctoLand
Gawwad for vice pres.
I know fucking karate
Zefar
+116|6620|Sweden
I got yelled at a lot when I did a bad thing. So that DID make me into a nice guy in the school.

Don't remember getting hit a lot. The anger was taken out on my toys thou.

Now one thing that REALLY made me into a nice guy was that my dad thought I was going to be a killer while playing Probotector which is Contra but with Robots. Much more awesome than normal Contra. Just check it, but since my dad thought I was going to be a killer due to that I decided to prove him wrong.

Since then I haven't really gotten into a large fight with people at all.

Edit: But hitting your kid once in a while because he does a bad thing is not child abuse.

Last edited by Zefar (2009-07-11 14:09:38)

Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6416|EE Chat
I fucking love you Dan.
Metal-Eater-GR
I can haz titanium paancakez?
+490|6243
Can't really make an impartial remark since im still underage, but I agree. AFAIK I am considered one of the well-mannered kids in my cycle, all thanks to my parents for the occasional yelling and grounding. Last time i got beaten up by my parents was over a decade ago.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone

Reddhedd wrote:

I fucking love you Dan.
you can't have him, hes mine.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

I do not, nor ever will consider beating children as a good way to raise them. Violence does not do any good to children and it is entirely possible to raise them to totally sensible adults without violence. The base thing that the kind of parents described in the OP post do wrong is letting their children do what they please. Young children should NOT be let do whatever they want because they are not capable of picking between wrongs and rights. Restricting is the key to have them behave and learn good manners.

And for the record, I was beaten when I was younger. Yes I did deserve punishment for whatever I did then, but nothing a kid does deserves violent punishment in my opinion. Plus the fact that my dad did beat me did not exactly enhance the relationship between us.
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6751|Great Brown North
if you can't hit the child, hit the parent.

https://www.korelabs.org/shared/frank/cunt_punt.jpg
Reddhedd
trolawlawl
+188|6416|EE Chat

.Sup wrote:

Reddhedd wrote:

I fucking love you Dan.
you can't have him, hes mine.
Wrong, gtfo sup, i want this child beating, flying retard hating, beast of a man.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5903|CA

Gawwad wrote:

Gravydan is an idiot.
I can't argue with that.

However, allow me to retort.  I see a continuing trend today of over privileged, under parented children in today's society.  This perpetuates an undue sense of entitlement amongst America's youth, resulting in adverse and unyielding selfish behaviors.  I attribute this to a lack of good parenting skills, including defining rules and, most importantly, enforcing those rules.  Common sense, and a strong will, can work wonders with the development of a child.  However, such attributes seem rare amongst the current generations parents.

This is the message that I wished to present as a topic.  However, when written in D&ST format, this is a very boring message.  I simply added a bit of flair in an effort to convey the subject matter in an interesting manner.

I knew when I wrote the OP that some people simply would not understand this.  I believed this would be a relatively small portion of the users here at bf2s (read: YOU), and I thought I would not have to explain this.  However, I was quite wrong.

***Message to Gawwad's Guardian*** - Please read this next bit to him very slowly, then repeat it twice more.  After you have done so, give him a few high fives and a fudgesicle.  Thank you.

I do not condone violence against children.  If you have read this post, and believe I walk around kicking kids asses, then you are mistaken.

In summary, don't beat your kids.  In addition, don't read an idiots post and take a bit of satire at face value.  Furthermore, before you type absurdities accusing someone of being an idiot, ask yourself this:

"Will calling this retard an idiot make me look like an even bigger idiot?"

If the answer is yes, then perhaps you should refrain from doing so in future posts.  Protip:  For you, the answer is most likely "yes."
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6500|Global Command
People only type what they mean. You typed you like beating children, therefor you are a child beater.

CHILD BEATER!!!
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6656|Espoo, Finland
I don't know you so your sarcasm has a good change of being missed especialy since this forums seems to be filled with people who fancy kicking kids.

Kewl that one line made you write an article to me though.
GravyDan
Back from the Grave(y)
+768|5903|CA
Yes, without your meddling I could have beat up 10, maybe 12 children today.  Now I'm behind schedule, and will only get to 8 or 9 thanks to you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard