No, MS = Fail2%2% - 1
Still using XP + your opinion why you are sticking with21%21% - 10
Unix 4eva + your opinion why you are sticking with4%4% - 2
Vista baby + your opinion why you are sticking with21%21% - 10
Total: 46
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
Personally I love it. But being honest I hated it for about a week. Multiple crashes and BSOD :woh:
Rinstalled Vista Ultimate and same problems. I was really starting to get pissy having to try to get a stable desktop. After 2 days of Vista crashing, I though Ill try Win7, one-more-time. Well it's working. Flawlessly. Love the interface and added features. Its so easy to navigate and find the GUI I want to work with. SO anyone out there tried it out? whats your thoughts so far?

Oh and I love my new Samsumg 24" + ol' 20" Viewsonic If you ever work wioth duel monitors for a few days, you'll <3 it!

https://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r123/teflonshadow/dsktpa709.png
https://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r123/teflonshadow/newmonitor.jpg

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2009-07-10 14:49:45)

Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6195|Winland

No, I'm sticking with Vis-

Is that BOSE?
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
Will you upgrade to Win 7 when its the official version?

Yup, bassy lil fuckers, too. Great 2.1 set.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6621|EU

Switched to Vista 64bit like 2 months ago, not going to experiment with W7 unless it fucks up.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten
I have Win 7, but I only have one issue-
I have display problems on one of my monitors.
19" Westinghouse, (L1975NW) doesn't like to run all the time- when i use dual screens (or play ANY steam game) it acts like there is a driver issue....

my 19" Acer works fine, but i like the Westinghouse better......

I think it's something in the GPnP aspect of the Westinghouse...
EE (hats
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
Always a good rule to follow... if it isn't broke, dont fix it!!!

I skipped Vista, went from x86XP Pro to x64Win7-- Release Candidate build 7100  Yea, quite a big jump, but I was tired of the Vista shell in my XP and 32bit bottleneck, + all my HDs running in IDE mode. Finally got all the drivers set up in FD ( it was a free mobo and proc from a friend). So I finally pulled the trigger and got it all running smooth, very happy I did.  3DMark06 scores went from 4700 ish to 11,000+, so yeah very happy to be using all of the hardware specs

Last edited by (T)eflon(S)hadow (2009-07-10 15:01:54)

Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6195|Winland

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

*Chuckle*
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
I had some issues wirh the duel monitors, too. Looked it up and the DVI cable that came with my 3 week old Samsung was the issue. Found that I needed a DVI-D cable. So I got a DVI-D to HDMI cable, prob fixed.

Im sure you probally have VGA, so I think it is something to do with the Plug & play, too. Wish I had an idea man
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten

Freezer7Pro wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

*Chuckle*
Shut up. So what if he likes them?
EE (hats
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

I had some issues wirh the duel monitors, too. Looked it up and the DVI cable that came with my 3 week old Samsung was the issue. Found that I needed a DVI-D cable. So I got a DVI-D to HDMI cable, prob fixed.

Im sure you probally have VGA, so I think it is something to do with the Plug & play, too. Wish I had an idea man
No, I'm running dual DVI...

GeForce 7900GT dual DVI out... I have a spare VGA cable, but no DVI-VGA adapter.
EE (hats
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX

Morpheus wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

*Chuckle*
Tis cool Morp, Freezer has his waz, I have mine... Live and let Live

and yes I do like the lil BOSE, perfectly clear and just a tad too bassy, thank you very much Mr. BOSE, R.I.P.

What about the 7, though?
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK
I'm only upgrading if it's free.

i.e. yes
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6250|England
Had real problems with my DVD drive in Win 7, it just wouldn't work tried all the fixes to no avail, looks like most TSST corp SATA DVD drives have issues with the base windows driver. So i just popped in my olddddddd IDE Sony DVD burner & it works NP. Also when i try to view a jpeg it says not enough memory lol i have 4GB but there ya go it is only RC 7100 so hopefully will sort issue out soon.

Love the feel of Win7 64bit nice n smooth, quick & has more in depth options than i thought it would. Running dual monitors on a ati 4850 np probs picked them up straight away even updated my drivers for my 22" monitor for me & my razer diamond back as well.

Last edited by smuder201 (2009-07-10 15:19:17)

Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6195|Winland

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

*Chuckle*

and yes I do like the lil BOSE, perfectly clear and just a tad too bassy, thank you very much Mr. BOSE, R.I.P.

I'm sorry, but the price they're asking for those is just a crime against nature. Mr. BOSE [s]was[i] is a smart man. He knows how to exploit people.

Anyhow, I'm not going 7 until it's had some time to set. Perhaps six or so months. Just let it develop for a while, get all the bugs smacked, and so on.

Last edited by Freezer7Pro (2009-07-10 15:23:40)

Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6619|London, England

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

*Chuckle*

I don't think the founder of Bose is dead lol. I just looked it up now, born in 1922. Freezer's arch nemisis is alive and well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amar_G._Bose

---

Anyway to answer the question. I'm using XP, there's no problems with it, and my crappy 2004 components wouldn't work with 7 anyway

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2009-07-10 15:21:45)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6827|Grapevine, TX
though he was gone... I guess I was thinking about him not running the operations of BOSE anymore.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6451|The Twilight Zone
"Yes its crap back to previous OS."
Its okay but XP does everything better and quicker.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5997|The Mitten

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

*Chuckle*

Lulz, i just didn't want this becoming another audio thread...

I'm just waiting for an update to fix the monitor issue.
EE (hats
woodrot
I Need A Dump
+25|6728|sunderland england
one for the future
havnt read thread of course 

Last edited by woodrot (2009-07-10 15:44:03)

-MetaL*
Sup guies
+157|5632|Southern California

Freezer7Pro wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

I'm sorry, but the price they're asking for those is just a crime against nature. Mr. BOSE [s]was[i] is a smart man. He knows how to exploit people.

Anyhow, I'm not going 7 until it's had some time to set. Perhaps six or so months. Just let it develop for a while, get all the bugs smacked, and so on.
Step aside cool guy here.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6509|Gold Coast
Nope.

Because XP will never be outdone. I hate all this fancy new interface, and methods to navigate through windows explorer are just a pain in the arse. The basic, simplistic interface is something that Ive been used to for years. I dont think it will change unless out of necessity.
Plus that and XP still is supported by a ton of older software etc.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6325|Australia
Tried W7, but I went back to XP because:
1)my sound card wouldn't work with it and
2)it kept forcing BF2 to run in 4:3 mode
I also didn't like the look of it. All this shiny-seethrough crap just doesn't do it for me.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
Haven't tried W7. Haven't had any incentive since i'm extremely happy with Vista x64
Hakei
Banned
+295|5993

Freezer7Pro wrote:

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

Morpheus wrote:

Why is it every fucking thread I see you post in is about how good/bad speakers are, stop posting shit that only you seem to care about. So lame to have no life past ridiculing other people's music systems, go out.
tkoi
Utahraptor!
+148|6145|Texas
I tried it, but I really hate the new 'libraries' feature or whatever. It's incredibly counterintuitive, they should have just left it the same as vista or had an option to disable it. I reinstalled vista within a few hours

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard