h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6377|Troy, New York

Ty wrote:

Question: to get a permit in the United States what does one need to do?
For a concealed carry permit in New York you need a couple of cops to sign off saying your a good egg etc., background check, then you have to court and prove you have a legitimate need for the weapon (such as a paramedic who ends up the ghetto a lot or something).
Im sure there's more to it than that, but that's the Jist of it.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6799|Noizyland

Do you get taught proper firearms safety and shit first? The seven unbreakable rules? Anything like that?
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6498|6 6 4 oh, I forget

You with a gun? Hehe... I can imagine.

https://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6514/633891449.gif
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6621|Seattle

In Washington, it's 18yrs old to buy a rifle. You have to get a concealed weapons permit and be 21yrs old to buy or carry a pistol. The permit costs about $100 and they just do a simple background check to make sure you're not a raper/killer.

What kind of gun are you gonna get? Shotty? Hunting rifle? AK?
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5960
Move to Switzerland and screw gun laws, my dad even has some nade launcher from being in the Swiss military (every male has a Sig SG550). (edit: but he won't let me use it cause I get this grin he hates, maybe he'll let me now...)

He was in the "Grenadiers", it's like Switzerland's commandos, they call them grenadiers. Has nothing to do with GLs.

But Texas tbh... > all

Last edited by Bradt3hleader (2009-06-22 10:52:17)

SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6684|The darkside of Denver
yeah Texas has lax gun laws, so does Colorado!I dunno about you Macbeth, do you have ANY safety training or experience with firearms? What kind of weapon do you want? Do you have a budget? Handguns aren't cheap!!
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6591|NYC / Hamburg

Bradt3hleader wrote:

every male has a Sig SG550
Fuck yeah. <3 my Stgw 90.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5960

max wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

every male has a Sig SG550
Fuck yeah. <3 my Stgw 90.
God my Dad has so many guns it's amazing

pisses my off I can't use them when I want
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6591|NYC / Hamburg

But would he lend them to me?

*packs bags*
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6524|so randum
make sure you get something short, this applies to you too mitch.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5957|United States
I think you're set:you can own a gun in NJ as long as you shove it up your ass and pull the trigger
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5610

I really want to get a pistol but from the look of the laws I am going to have to settle for a shotgun. Not too bad I did kinda want to one day shoot off a dragons breath round.  When my cousin shoot a ak in pa it was pretty cool but there is no way in hell to get that here. By the end of summer though I want to get one.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5610

A gun that is not the AK. Editing is too hard on a blackberry
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6477|The Twilight Zone
just deal with Uzique verbally man, no need for someone to die
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6602|Columbus, OH

Ty wrote:

It depends on the State and how tight their anus is. Some states like the State of IL requires a FOID (Firearms Owner I D) card and other states like Ohio you just need to be the legal age to purchase the firearm (rifle or pistol). A driver's license is what you need when you are purchasing  a firearm from a store but a person to person firearm sale ...only money. 

Class 3 firearms - auto-fire MG, Sub-MG, and silencers require federal forms for ATF  (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms)

Last edited by loubot (2009-06-22 13:19:04)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6799|Noizyland

So you pay money and are noted down in a litle book basically. There is no firearms training, there's not even any basic firearms safety being taught. If getting a permit is only paying money and getting a "background" check I seriously don't know why they bother, it's really just needless bureaucracy.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5726|College Park, MD

AussieReaper wrote:

What do you need a gun for anyway?

Is it in case Ze Germans arrive?
to keep gangbangers and the lowest of the low out of my home
to defend myself and, if necessary, others
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
13/f/taiwan
+940|5723
1. Ease gun laws in NJ so almost anyone could buy one.
2. Sell guns to NJ from neighbhoring states.
3. Let them all kill each other.
4. ???
5. Profit
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6705|Disaster Free Zone

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Paranoia is a disease, seek help.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

DrunkFace wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

It's not really paranoia. I know the chances of my home being robbed aren't very high (at least in my neighborhood). I know the chances of me being mugged or attacked aren't too high either (again, where I live/work/play). I'm not GUARANTEED to wind up in trouble, but I still want a gun just in case. Just like how a plane you fly in isn't GUARANTEED to crash but you buckle up anyway.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6740

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

It's not really paranoia. I know the chances of my home being robbed aren't very high (at least in my neighborhood). I know the chances of me being mugged or attacked aren't too high either (again, where I live/work/play). I'm not GUARANTEED to wind up in trouble, but I still want a gun just in case. Just like how a plane you fly in isn't GUARANTEED to crash but you buckle up anyway.
I live 15 minutes from DC... and i understand your desire to have a gun Hurri...
Would make criminals think twice if everyone had a gun in their house...
Love is the answer
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

I live 15 minutes from DC... and i understand your desire to have a gun Hurri...
Would make criminals think twice if everyone had a gun in their house...
Honestly most parts of town that I'm in are fine. But better safe than sorry IMO. If I move to the DC area again after college (which is highly likely since I love it here), I'm probably gonna be in Virginia where I can have a gun, open carry if I want.

Last edited by Hurricane2k9 (2009-06-22 20:17:41)

nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5635|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)
GR34
+215|6569|ALBERTA> CANADA

Ty wrote:

go to taxes and buy alcohol, every 26 comes with a free pistol, 40's you get to choose between an M320 or an AK-74
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5788|Belgium
1) Don't get a gun

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard