CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6123|Carnoustie MASSIF
My mother-fucking failbox360 has scratched the shite out of my COD4 disc. Is there anyway I can repair it? I don't fancy losing a game I payed £30 for.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Go to a dvd hire store and they will usually have their own cleaning systems for rented dvds/games that come back scratched.

Ask them to repair the disc for you, they should charge only a couple of dollars and use special cleaning products and repair equipment that would usually cost you much more.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6431|King Of The Islands

AussieReaper wrote:

Go to a dvd hire store and they will usually have their own cleaning systems for rented dvds/games that come back scratched.

Ask them to repair the disc for you, they should charge only a couple of dollars and use special cleaning products and repair equipment that would usually cost you much more.
swap it with your disc.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5992|The Mitten
sell the failbox 360.
EE (hats
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6803|Nårvei

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Cheez wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

swap it with your disc.
Then demand a refund because the disc was scratched and unplayable.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6346|West NY
If you have nothing to lose, toothpaste. Rub some from the inside circle outwards in straight radii all around the disc. then let it sit for 2 mins or so and rinse with water, then dry with something lint free. I tried it 4 times on my diablo 2 cd until it finally passed a certain point in installation and everything came out perfect
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6395|dm_maidenhead

AussieReaper wrote:

Cheez wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

swap it with your disc.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6658|NT, like Mick Dundee

Peter wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Cheez wrote:

What's so funny? Standard operating procedure in Aus last I checked.
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
Cheez

Flecco wrote:

Peter wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

Just like taking CD keys from the back of the manuals at EB.

<.<
MECtallica
+73|6497|jalalabad

Cheez wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Peter wrote:

Just like taking CD keys from the back of the manuals at EB.

<.<
I wish I could do that here, the gamestop I go to is always empty but the clerks are always watching you
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya

Flecco wrote:

Peter wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

I work in a video store and at least with out system that doesn't work The barcode sticker on the top of the discs is designed so it can only be applied once, if u pull it off, it wont stick properly again. Also, we keep a record of when they got scratched, so i'd just say "Obviously as there is no previous record of the disc being damaged prior to you renting it, it must have been damaged as a result of your xbox 360, this is a common problem, however there is nothing I can do, have a nice day"

on topic: take it to a store and they will resurface it. The machines stores have are generally alot better than the ones u buy retail.
Cheez

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Peter wrote:

I work in a video store and at least with out system that doesn't work The barcode sticker on the top of the discs is designed so it can only be applied once, if u pull it off, it wont stick properly again. Also, we keep a record of when they got scratched, so i'd just say "Obviously as there is no previous record of the disc being damaged prior to you renting it, it must have been damaged as a result of your xbox 360, this is a common problem, however there is nothing I can do, have a nice day"

on topic: take it to a store and they will resurface it. The machines stores have are generally alot better than the ones u buy retail.
So... you guys stick shit ON to cds (which unbalances them) and then blame the customer for damage by their drive?

Fuck you m8.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6530|Internetfitlerland

Cheez wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Flecco wrote:

So... you guys stick shit ON to cds (which unbalances them) and then blame the customer for damage by their drive?

Fuck you m8.
You tell em dairy.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya

Cheez wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Flecco wrote:

Fuck you m8.
Its a small ring right around the centre of the disc (not even on the part the reads, on the clear bit before it)

so no it doesn't put it off balance at all.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2009-06-14 04:56:14)

(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6822|Grapevine, TX
GR34
+215|6538|ALBERTA> CANADA
Tooth Paste does not work I have tried it it does not work.!!
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6190|Winland

Toothpaste works very well with smaller scratches.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Noobpatty
ʎʇʇɐdqoou
+194|6346|West NY

GR34 wrote:

Tooth Paste does not work I have tried it it does not work.!!
You can't base that off of your own experiences
CrazeD
+368|6665|Maine

jamiet757 wrote:

I got one of those "CD Resurfacing" machines, it kinda worked, but then again it kinda didn't. Most often than not, it didn't, so don't waste your monies.
From my experience, all those do is scratch it more.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6620|UK

CrazeD wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

I got one of those "CD Resurfacing" machines, it kinda worked, but then again it kinda didn't. Most often than not, it didn't, so don't waste your monies.
From my experience, all those do is scratch it more.
Operator error.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
Sell bunch of shit fail box shit cock fucking retard 360
Stop smoking
Save money
Buy awesome PC
????
Profit.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Winston_Churchill