jord
+2,382|6678|The North, beyond the wall.

gurdeep wrote:

why can i use the sks when i havent unlocked it yet? no, not talking about picking one up off the ground. i can select it from spawn screen
i unlocked it twice because i pre ordered.
gurdeep
­
+812|4755|proll­y
i didnt preorder and its not a default weapon
jord
battlelog
gurdeep
­
+812|4755|proll­y
stories
jord
im no talking to you anymore on battelog now, bitch
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

jord wrote:

lol
gurdeep
­
+812|4755|proll­y

jord wrote:

good, i cant hit shit on ur eurotrash servers anyways
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
ugh i wish they'd fix the ranks, i hate being the highest ranked player in a server usually and the only distinction is a little number under my colonel insignia.

at least make general ranks with requirements or something like they did when BF2 came out.

Last edited by Roc18 (2012-01-30 10:05:12)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

gurdeep wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

All of the problems BF2 had could have been fixed with common sense and a little innovation.  Make AA automatically shoot down enemy aircraft if they get too close to the airfield.  Have a list people sign up for to use aircraft, and give them more aircrafts on vehicle maps.
lol
For christs sake, some people have no imagination.

My point was to make more aircraft available on aircraft based maps, not make more of them on all of the smaller ones...
gurdeep
­
+812|4755|proll­y
go play a flight sim then
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria

gurdeep wrote:

why can i use the sks when i havent unlocked it yet? no, not talking about picking one up off the ground. i can select it from spawn screen
Because the Physical Warfare Pack, which was first for pre-orders only, has been made available for everyone recently.

The contents of the pack stated an exclusive flash suppressor for the SKS rifle, but didn't mention the rifle at all.
But the weapon obviously was available too, because otherwise the flash suppressor wouldn't have made much sense.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida

jord wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

A "no bitching" feature.
hey guess what bro, the game has some serious faults and the people here that have played previous titles have legitimate complaints about the direction in which the series is heading.

jsnipy wrote:

What is an example of a feature that would be in a battlefield game that would take a veteran player of the series weeks to master?
well weeks isn't really a timeframe because you could be playing any amount of time in those weeks. I'm not gonna put some arbitary hourly number on things, but to "master" infantry combat in bf2 took a lot longer than in bf3, and to "master" heli's/jet's took a lot longer in bf2 as well. Getting 9/10 dumb bomb hits was so much more satisfying than lining up on a tank and firing rocket pods from really far away, gunning it and then firing a 2nd set of rockets to kill it.
I've read it a few times before on this thread but after revisiting BF3 after a couple weeks off I have really been able to see how much more it emulates Call of Duty compared to previous Battlefields (hence my BC2 poll).  Battlefield was always a sandbox style FPS, the groundpounding was always fun but it always existed within the larger context of a global war with multiple factions and open environments.  It also always had a quirky, laid back personality, despite being hard to "master".  Players were part of a team, and the reason for playing was so that your team would win the round.  For some reason I just don't care as much about my team in BF3.  Maybe because of all the CoD converts, who do not know how to fucking revive someone even if they're corpse is shoved up their nose.

BF3 has a serious, arrogant "I'm a badass, look at me" vibe which is the total opposite of what previous BF's were all about.  And the "larger urban environments" they were bragging about when talking about Frostbite 2 has really ruined the game for me.  They were not talking about larger, they meant "let's encapsulate the entire map in a city with huge fucking buildings so people feel like they are smaller than they really are".. They should have focused on making larger maps more infantry friendly, just like Warlord and Ghost town.  Those were fucking huge.  But even with 20 or 30 players you could still have a fun time.

I mean, that one asshole also said it himself, they "lowered the threshold".  And now they're talking about making "BF4".  BF special forces had eight fucking maps, BF3 shipped with nine.  We are not crazy or bitching for the sake of bitching, BF has been transformed into something that it wasn't.

Last edited by Spearhead (2012-01-30 11:33:16)

jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

Mutantbear wrote:

Fill out an entry form and have it submitted. Hang out in the battlefield doing other jobs, such as capping, destroying vehicles. When you get your flight notification take transport back to the runway, do your preflight checklist, mission debriefing, followup QA session and prepare to fly.
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5753|Roma

Spearhead wrote:

jord wrote:

-Whiteroom- wrote:

A "no bitching" feature.
hey guess what bro, the game has some serious faults and the people here that have played previous titles have legitimate complaints about the direction in which the series is heading.

jsnipy wrote:

What is an example of a feature that would be in a battlefield game that would take a veteran player of the series weeks to master?
well weeks isn't really a timeframe because you could be playing any amount of time in those weeks. I'm not gonna put some arbitary hourly number on things, but to "master" infantry combat in bf2 took a lot longer than in bf3, and to "master" heli's/jet's took a lot longer in bf2 as well. Getting 9/10 dumb bomb hits was so much more satisfying than lining up on a tank and firing rocket pods from really far away, gunning it and then firing a 2nd set of rockets to kill it.
I've read it a few times before on this thread but after revisiting BF3 after a couple weeks off I have really been able to see how much more it emulates Call of Duty compared to previous Battlefields (hence my BC2 poll).  Battlefield was always a sandbox style FPS, the groundpounding was always fun but it always existed within the larger context of a global war with multiple factions and open environments.  It also always had a quirky, laid back personality, despite being hard to "master".  Players were part of a team, and the reason for playing was so that your team would win the round.  For some reason I just don't care as much about my team in BF3.  Maybe because of all the CoD converts, who do not know how to fucking revive someone even if they're corpse is shoved up their nose.

BF3 has a serious, arrogant "I'm a badass, look at me" vibe which is the total opposite of what previous BF's were all about.  And the "larger urban environments" they were bragging about when talking about Frostbite 2 has really ruined the game for me.  They were not talking about larger, they meant "let's encapsulate the entire map in a city with huge fucking buildings so people feel like they are smaller than they really are".. They should have focused on making larger maps more infantry friendly, just like Warlord and Ghost town.  Those were fucking huge.  But even with 20 or 30 players you could still have a fun time.

I mean, that one asshole also said it himself, they "lowered the threshold".  And now they're talking about making "BF4".  BF special forces had eight fucking maps, BF3 shipped with nine.  We are not crazy or bitching for the sake of bitching, BF has been transformed into something that it wasn't.
EA has a company to run, especially in this economic situation.
Sadly DICE is part of EA, and EA wants money. DICE complies to EA's goal of taking money from Activision, if not they will get closed down like Pandemic studios. They changed the game to please the general audience. The "BF veterans" are quite few compared to the casual gamers, they would have never survived only relying on the hardcore fanbase.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
thepilot91
+64|6236|Åland!

Jebus wrote:

Love this weapon.

@Gurdeep, it's standard for RU I believe.
no , it's one of the weapons you get from the physical warfare-pack ..and 1 week after the game was out...everyone got it for free ,although it was a SPECIAL PRE ORDER OFFER WOAH WOAH
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6671|UK
anyone want a full time cheat admin job at dice?

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/121/12174 … ce=twitter
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5259|foggy bottom
javelin sucks
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

I would like this game more if the Russians were replaced with Muslims.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6312

m3thod wrote:

I'm actually considering it.
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK

Macbeth wrote:

I would like this game more if the Russians were replaced with Muslims.
shush frenchie, the mooslims fight back.
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK

eleven bravo wrote:

I suck
fixed
m3thod
+2,197|6671|UK

bugz wrote:

m3thod wrote:

no time like the present son.  god speed.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6654

I wonder if kids growing up these days find out about track & field competitions and want to participate in the javelin event thinking that they'll get to launch missiles.
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6605|Greenwood, IN

bugz wrote:

m3thod wrote:

I'd vote for ya.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard