west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6406

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Uzique wrote:

yoda you're way too forgiving/fanboyish for games. "oh well i'll play it tomorrow" in reaction to a product that you paid for IN ADVANCE about 6 weeks ago. it's just incompetence. unable to authenticate a user logging onto the network? jesus fucking christ. i don't even want to know how bad the maps are themselves if they can't even run a network.
FUCKING EA WHY CAN'T I PLAY I PAID FOR THIS SHIT FUCK.
Now insult someone.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487
that's better. gamers are so obeisant nowadays. so reclined and passive. we all fawn over game design studios as if they're crafting pure heaven from virtual mana, but really they're just half-rate entertainment companies putting out shitty games with a customer service exercising the 'fuck you!' doctrine of aftercare. we're all prepared to roll over and forgive 101 faults and fuckups though because i mean... the finished product they're giving us is just so great, right? kinda forgives everything. oh wait... nope the games they're making are over-hyped cookie-cutter shite. and they can't even run a network that they INSIST on us for no reason at all. great job, have 17 game industry awards and a GOTY trophy.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6671

I need to get my head checked. With every patch and every update and really anything they put out as time goes on gets worse and worse. Why do I keep expecting otherwise. Maybe this one will be better! Maybe the next one will get them back on track!

The Swedes must have some strange fetish where they create something decent and then show the world the way to make it better is to take a fat shit on it.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6287
But what good did it do?

I just don't respond like that. I think "I guess something unforseen came up and they're trying their hardest to deal with it, this is probably just as annoying for them as the people trying to play the game". Being angry and annoyed just feels unpleasant, and I don't like feeling like that. I just take things easy, if it doesn't work at launch (things often don't in general) then I'll wait a bit and try again.

I'd probably be more annoyed at the game not working if I wasn't going out for a meal and then a night of celebratory drinking with my Karate friends (we all just graded and got new belts. A lot of hard work just paid off and it feels good), and so I was only going to be able to give the game a go for about half an hour anyway.

Origin sucks, I hate having to deal with it (and unlike most people, I do actually have to deal with it rather than just let it run). It serves no purpose in the game at all and is there for purely game-industry-political reasons. And it's just Origin that's not working as evidenced by the people already playing the game. Nothing I say or do will speed up the process to get the game working again, neither will getting angry or ranting.

Yes I'm passive, and take a lot of crap from these companies. I enjoy the game though (again, yes there's a lot wrong with it but it's still better than all current alternatives) so ignore it where I need to. I don't see how being extremely negative about everything all the time would make me feel better.
jord
+2,382|6695|The North, beyond the wall.
if its down why are there lots of servers showing up as populated

this is shit and i didnt expect otherwise
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6670
I've been playing with kampf and sisco, must just be luck of the draw
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6487
wait a minute, yoda, you think i'm actually sat in my chair getting angry over this? no. calling a shit game a shit game doesn't mean i go and beat my mother afterwards in rage. it's just calling it what it is: a pile of steaming shit. you can be harsh about something without emotionally bleeding for it in the process.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jord
so i was in origin and could play bf3 sp

then i manually went to battelog and signed in, downloaded the update, got logged out of origin, cant log back in, can't play what i paid for.

just another complete pisstake
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5770|Roma
i just remembered, i own a server....rofl.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6676|BC, Canada

aerodynamic wrote:

jesus, the Famas has a wall for the iron sights.
Just get the 10 kills with the 12X scope, the first unlock is a acog.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6490|6 6 4 oh, I forget

jord wrote:

then i manually went to battelog and signed in, downloaded the update, got logged out of origin, cant log back in, can't play what i paid for.

Oh, so it wasn't just me. I want to punchisize vous face in who is responsible for this. Next time I'm in Sweden I'll be sure to piss on the Dice office building in Stockholm if they have one there.
jord

Ultrafunkula wrote:

jord wrote:

Oh, so it wasn't just me. I want to punchisize vous face in who is responsible for this. Next time I'm in Sweden I'll be sure to piss on the Dice office building in Stockholm if they have one there.
If I ever go to sweden that's my first priority.
jord
well i guess ill read a fucking book then...
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6622|Greenwood, IN
Yay!!!  I logged into Origin and it says the auth servers are down.  Now I can't play the game!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6490|6 6 4 oh, I forget

jord wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

jord wrote:

If I ever go to sweden that's my first priority.
Co-op whizz? If we get a couple more guys maybe we can kill the evil overlord like in the Ghostbusters. Just cross the streams and we will have über-piss.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5602

The back to karkand key they gave me for the PS3 doesn't work.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6405|New York

jord wrote:

You could play TF2. It's free these days.

Also, Solitaire is perfect if you're alone.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Ryan
+1,230|6860|Alberta, Canada

Don't worry guys, I played all the maps but Wake on the 360 version of the game, it's not anything amazing. Similar map layouts, new buildings can be entered, but overall, it's kinda boring.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6671

Stupid question, but can you do assignments outside of the Karkand maps? (aside from the play 2 hours on karkand of course). I already know you can use the B2K weapons on vanilla.
jord

heggs wrote:

jord wrote:

I never played tf2 but I've been meaning to make a start on my books and this is a good chance, I suppose.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6405|New York

jord wrote:

heggs wrote:

jord wrote:

I never played tf2 but I've been meaning to make a start on my books and this is a good chance, I suppose.
What will you be reading? Fight Club is pretty amazing if you've got it on hand/haven't read it yet.

Also, Anthony Bourdain's books are pretty good too.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Ryan

mtb0minime wrote:

Stupid question, but can you do assignments outside of the Karkand maps? (aside from the play 2 hours on karkand of course). I already know you can use the B2K weapons on vanilla.
Wait there's new weapons? Didn't know that :p

What are they?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6670
MG36 is back, loved that gun in BF2
Ryan

Do you have to unlock them or are they unlocked right from the start?
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6670
nah you have to do these 'assignments' which are just generic achievements

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard