Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
It replicates some sort of "training."
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Training by trial and error was better. A person jumping in their first time in BF2 with a AK 101 could do well and have fun. Now you will get hit by some douche across the map with something you need to play 15 hours to get. Hate it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
Well, not having a scope just means you have to play differently.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Try getting past the first mcoms on metro with a group using iron sites against a group running IRNVs. It's not possible.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
not a fan of the whole skill rating selecting my team on SDM, 2 days with only one win. It keeps putting me on teams with people that average 6-8 kills and double digit deaths..., I just want 8 more wins then I'm done with that game mode. And why is it the one person using a mic comes in last in the squad and talks the most shit, as if they were carrying the team...
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

I think Metro is my favorite map. The only things the game has going for it are the sound and lighting.
Microwave
_
+515|6656|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I love the game so much. Yes there are issues but nothing that makes me rage. I play all classes and I'm trying to use all the weapons.

It doesn't matter that you don't start with all the 'super good' weapon unlocks, I used my AK stock anyway up to 100 kills. Prefer it without a scope. I just found it more fun that way.

And as has been said, it forces you to play differently - which is good.

Jets are fun, didn't use them much in BF2 but try to get one whenever I can in BF3. All the damage by guns and vehicles is pretty good bar tank .50cal and mobile AA. But with mobile AA just learn to adapt, attack it from higher up, don't swoop all the way to ground level for the kill. Yes it'll take a few more passes but no biggie.

I don't just use all the 'best' loadouts because I like verity. All the maps are fun, 10x more when playing in a good squad.

It's a great game.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
it's simply not a great game. lol. how is it a great game? quake is a great fps game. counter strike is a great fps game. check the lan tournaments and huge competitive histories in them. yes, i know, it's not all about competition and being 'pr0'. the fact is that the game design and game's core could support that level of play - that it was so refined, balanced, well made and complex that it could be played to an extremely fine degree. in bf3 that is completely missing. how is it a "great game"?!? lol. how the fuck. is it. a great. game? it's barely even a "good" game. it has some serious flaws that no other fps games have fucked up: how the hell do you fuck up a minimap and a chat box that badly? the minimap and chatbox in 1942 was better than bf3's. how is it a GREAT game? tbh you sound like a fucking moron at IGN or PC gamer or something. GREAT GAME. there is nothing great about this. get to the top rank at least and try and play it with a modicum of skill and you'll realise the game is rotten and hollow at its core, beneath all the fancy lighting, sounds and gimmicks. it's a bunch of fancy party-decorations and bright lights pinned onto a poor mule with a limp that can't run in the horserace against the other pedigrees. fuck, it makes bf2, with all its flaws, look like a gold cup fucking steeplechase winner.

james you make me so cross sometimes with your "hurr durr" opinions. you're basically one degree away from being a console mong playing pc games.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
literally, what is so 'great' about bf3 that has been worth the 7 year wait? this is how bf3 breaks down for me:

spend 5 years developing incredible dynamic lighting, and huge rich visual details --> everyone turns down graphics and uses night-vision scope because you can't see shit. graphics reach a level previously unheard of in which they actually make gameplay worse.

spend 5 years working on realistic human animations and a great engine --> nobody can move for shit, you're seriously gimped whenever you try to move from prone->standing or anything else. half life had a better movement than bf3 when it came to pure fps gaming. animation is, for the very first time in gaming history, a concern for gamers because it now inferferes and makes gameplay worse.

spend 5 years developing a kickass sound engine with extremely well rendered sounds --> get played loss music when you win, medic kill recordings are triggered when you revive. sound engine ends up becoming completely useless because you can't use the SOUND to improve your gameplay, i.e. teamwork, commo rose integration, general footsteps ala counter strike.

GREAT game, 10/10.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
im thankful that 3 came out... i tried to drag out playing bf2 but it got hard there the last few years lol

Enrollment Date    2005-10-18 18:48:00 omg

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2011-12-01 12:48:27)

Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6344
No, it forces you to take an extra beating at the beginning stage in which most die a lot anyways. Basic equipment not being there is just plain stupid, especially for vehicles.

edit: regarding micro´s unlock post

Last edited by Sisco (2011-12-01 12:47:05)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
and NONE of the weapons "force you to play differently". how fucking noob do you have to be to think that the different weapons, by virtue of their difference, change playstyle?!? hey, here's how i play with the ak101: point mouse at enemy, hold down left click, kill. here's how i kill with the f2000: point mouse at enemy, hold down left click, kill. here's how i kill with the shotgun: point mouse at enemy, hold down left click, kill. here's how i kill with the personal side weapons: point mouse at enemy, hold down left click, kill. HOW IS THE GAME FORCING YOU TO ANYTHING. shooting is simple, crap, and easy. because every gun has to work on a console controller, too, where controlling recoil and spread with two analogue sticks is much more difficult. furthermore, every gun can pretty much kill at every range - made worse by the small, clusterfuck maps where all the flags are stuck on a pinhead that is surrounded by a desert of empty space. the game's stupid design decisions do not have a miraculous plus-point in that they "require you to play differently". i play this game the exact same way i played call of duty 4: run around, scope when you see enemy, hold down mouse, walk away. no movement tact, no learning curve to individual guns, and NO CHALLENGE.
Roc18
`
+655|5792|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique wrote:

and NONE of the weapons "force you to play differently". how fucking noob do you have to be to think that the different weapons, by virtue of their difference, change playstyle?!? hey, here's how i play with the ak101: point mouse at enemy, hold down left click, kill. here's how i kill with the f2000: point mouse at enemy, hold down left click, kill. here's how i kill with the shotgun: point mouse at enemy, hold down left click, kill. here's how i kill with the personal side weapons: point mouse at enemy, hold down left click, kill. HOW IS THE GAME FORCING YOU TO ANYTHING. shooting is simple, crap, and easy. because every gun has to work on a console controller, too, where controlling recoil and spread with two analogue sticks is much more difficult. furthermore, every gun can pretty much kill at every range - made worse by the small, clusterfuck maps where all the flags are stuck on a pinhead that is surrounded by a desert of empty space. the game's stupid design decisions do not have a miraculous plus-point in that they "require you to play differently". i play this game the exact same way i played call of duty 4: run around, scope when you see enemy, hold down mouse, walk away. no movement tact, no learning curve to individual guns, and NO CHALLENGE.
There's alot of stuff I've mentioned earlier (utilize map space more efficiently, improve UI, get rid of noob stuff like 3d spotting, Tac lights etc, etc) that could easily be changed by DICE given enough time that would make this game much fucking better and even a 10/10 game in my eyes. The Gun mechanics aren't going to change, DICE wont make it harder to kill people since they're appealing to noobs and consoles as i've seen since BF2. In BF2 guns had real deviation and recoil and took way more skill to use.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
okay so we're admitting that game design principles are getting lazier and slacker and altogether worse, yet we're still calling it a 10/10 game. you guys should work in the video-game industry i think you'd go down well.

Last edited by Uzique (2011-12-01 13:26:12)

Roc18
`
Here is a back to Karkand Full Length Video, it shows the maps in even more detail. But It's in german.

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=64158

on youtube

One thing I will say is the Destruction is definitely improved and what I was expecting from Destruction 3.0.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-12-01 13:28:22)

Roc18
`

Uzique wrote:

okay so we're admitting that game design principles are getting lazier and slacker and altogether more worse, yet we're still calling it a 10/10 game. you guys should work in the video-game industry i think you'd go down well.
I think it's a great game and with a few fundamental changes can be a 10/10 game. They should've called it Bad Company 3 to be honest lol.

Last edited by Roc18 (2011-12-01 13:26:20)

jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
Played 4 rounds
MVP1 x 3 and an MVP2

Not difficult, the game is so easy I wonder who these people are that are on the bottom of the leaderboard with twice as many deaths as kills. Do they tab out when they see an enemy or do they have a dodgy mouse or what...
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6382|the land of bourbon
i have a dodgy mouse
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

I think Battlefield Play4Free had more tactics and strategy involved in the maps.
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6133|Scotland!

jord wrote:

Played 4 rounds
MVP1 x 3 and an MVP2

Not difficult, the game is so easy I wonder who these people are that are on the bottom of the leaderboard with twice as many deaths as kills. Do they tab out when they see an enemy or do they have a dodgy mouse or what...
I remember a certain round where you must have been alt tabbing when you saw the enemies

insert trollface.jpg here
CC-Marley
+407|6829
What is up with the randum "breaking something" noise I get while in the jet? then it won't turn until I throttle back. Also everytime I hit the flares it's as if I hit escape button. And when I hit AB it's like pressing Q as well.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

CC-Marley wrote:

What is up with the randum "breaking something" noise I get while in the jet?
That's lag. Really annoying.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

Roc18 wrote:

Here is a back to Karkand Full Length Video, it shows the maps in even more detail. But It's in german.

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=1589&pk=64158

on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18IF4FAjr_E
https://i.imgur.com/0b6F4.jpg
Naturn
Deeds, not words.
+311|6606|Greenwood, IN
THE BUZZ: Alan Kertz, Core Gameplay Designer at DICE, has released a list featuring a number of changes that the team plans to implement in future patches, and is asking for feedback on those that are good and those that are not. “Rather than waiting until we launch these updates for feedback, today I would like to give you, the Community, a peak into the Balance testing that we are doing here at DICE,” he said.
The changes include:
Vehicles:
Increased the locking distance for Jets when locking on laser designated targets.
Increased the damage the MBT’s primary weapon does to other main battle tanks.
AA Missiles should no longer kill the pilot instead of the vehicle.
Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
Using flares too early will no longer distract missiles fired at long range. The missile must be approaching the vehicle in order to reliably be distracted by flares.
Attack Helicopter Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.
Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor.
Slightly increased the blast radius of the rounds fired by helicopter gunners vs infantry.
Vehicle weapons should now suppress correctly.
Increased the direct hit damage of the APFSDS rounds for the IFVs.
Miniguns and Helicopter Gunners now more quickly destroy parked cars.
Weapons:
Significantly increased the damage of Laser Guided Top Attack missiles.
Javelin missiles fired without laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs.
Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.
Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets.
Reduced the total number of RPG and SMAW missiles carried from 5 to 4.
Slightly reduced the locking time of all weapons vs Laser Designated targets.
Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG and SMAW projectiles against infantry.
Reduced the recoil of the SKS rifle and slightly increased its power at close range.
Semiautomatic sniper rifles, Assault Rifles, and LMGs now have more consistent damage over long range.
Increased the close range damage maximum range of 9x39mm ammo.
Soldiers:
Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
Slightly increased the speed at which a player can shoot again after sprinting.
EGM’s TAKE: A lot of good moves on DICE’s part especially in the vehicle section, as many players complain that tanks are to hard to destroy with conventional rocket launchers with engineers repairing them faster than damage can be delivered.
http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/dic … e-changes/
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

It's spelled "peek" not "peak" YOU FUCKING MORON JESUS HOW IN THE FUCK CAN YOU DESIGN A GAME IF YOU CAN'T EVEN SPELL RIGHT YOU STUPID FUCK NO WONDER THIS SHIT IS SO SHITTY I DIDN'T EVEN READ THE REST OF HIS FUCKING SHIT AFTER SEEING THAT BECAUSE I KNOW IT'S ALL FULL OF SHIT

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard